Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

With the occasional mishap (twice) I have been vegan for almost 3 weeks now I think. So I would have to say mostly vegan lol. I have not had any meat since right after Christmas. I had some three cheese howie bread that mad me violently ill last week, and a york peppermint pie from Burger King this weekend which is the extent of my dairy consumption. That pie was the first sugar I have had in a long time and it gave me a bit of a headache. I am impressed that I stayed pretty much on track over the weekend. I brought a lot of food so I would have stuff to eat while everyone else had fast food. But the vegan thing is definitely working. I am eating what seems to be pretty much all the time (whenever I am hungry or sometimes not) and I have lost 13 pounds since Dec 27.

I am not sure about us on the waterpark. Probably going to go but it depends on finances. Either way it will probably not be decided until a few days before so I will let you know.

Well, if finances are an issue leave the boys at home and come for the day with just Korrine. It'd only be $25 for you.

The vegan thing is amazing. I've known many a vegan and they look like runners...very thin. You get all the props in the world. It's not my cup o' tea, but I do recognize the benefits.

Rock on.

Body Bugg users

Are you still using it? I took it off for the weekend in Vegas and didn't miss it. I'm thinking about retiring it, but don't know. I know I'll want to measure my calorie burns when I get to biking again, but now I've got a good understanding of what I'm doing...hmmm

Thoughts?

I've gone back to tracking my calories on fit day too. I just like it better. Though I'm going to take a closer look at Sparkpeople. Apex is just a bitch for food tracking. Mamma don't like.

Thanks =)

I still use mine to measure my calorie burn. I will probably keep it until the end of the summer and then retire it, because like you I want to have it for the biking season.

I still use my bodybugg daily. Hell, I still sleep with the damn thing on! Mostly I just forget about it. I only upload it about every 2-3 days, sometimes I go longer. I HAVE been trying my best to log my foods since New Years... even the THREE slices of pizza I ate last night. (Ugh!)

Everytime I think about retiring it I do something dumb, like sit around all day. SO I strap it back on and move.

Running: I'm reading this book "The Non-Runners Guide to Marathons for Women"... very interesting. It has a 20 week training schedule for both the full marathon and also 1/2 marathon. I think when it gets a tad bit warmer here, say... March-ish? (It's 10 degrees here right now!) I want to start the 'training' for the 1/2 marathon... it's a run/walk training schedule, so I can ease into it. Hopefully the weight will start to melt off too! I'd totally love to be at 250 or lower by the end of summer (I'm 294 now).

Bycyling: Still got my sights set on getting a bike in March. Probably won't be some fancy shmancy bike... I'm a poor girl, but I figure I can get a 'starter' bike and then trade up later on.

COME ON WARM WEATHER!

ZZ

You can run girl!!!

I'm surprised as hell that I can. And WOOT WOOT, I did 3 miles in just under 40 minutes today.

I'm working toward a 30 minute mile now!!!

Who'd a thunk it?

Take it slowly and we'll cheer you on!

ZZ

You can run girl!!!

I'm surprised as hell that I can. And WOOT WOOT, I did 3 miles in just under 40 minutes today.

I'm working toward a 30 minute mile now!!!

Who'd a thunk it?

Take it slowly and we'll cheer you on!

hha... thanks.

So, I'm on chapter 5 of this book and thinking -"I'm scared!" The author keeps talking about chaffing and losing toenails and stuff. But it truely is quite funny. I've laughed out loud a few times.

And the humor of sitting on my ass reading a book about exercise is quite... counterproductive?? But it's nice to see the pros and cons before I go out and attempt to find the worlds largest pair of spandex pants...

ZZ

I'll send you those pants. I bought them for running but they are pad less bycyling pants. They are very long and pretty roomy on me. Give me one more month of running in the cold with them and I'll send them your way. I do believe they are XX.

I love reading stuff that seems very far fetched. It's one way to make it a reality. We shift slowly, us human people.

W-

I'll tell you what, that's NOT slow. It's about a 13-14 minute mile and that's respectable. And its RUNNING. Hello, Running is a bitch and hard and you can run for 43 minutes! Like I said before, this time a year ago I'd not have run out of the way of a car kareening toward me. I would have been resigned to getting hit, thinking, "looks like I'm gonna die."

W and one more thing...

If you are taking 41 minutes and I'm taking 40 we are essentially running the same speed. I'll kick your ass if you called me a slow runner. Actually I'd kick anyone's ass if they said anything less than me being phenominal...I mean if you're going to say something, be positive. Right?