Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Here I am....I was playing hide and seek. I now see the whole thing behind people leaving this place....not that I don't love it here...but at one time I had thought that I could never live without being on here every single minute.

Hope you are all having a very Merry New Year!!!!!!!!!

Whole Foods is on my list of places I will apply to after the MBA.

They've got good politics and their market value trends upward.

I'd love to work for Whole Foods, too. I think that they treat their employees very, very well. But, their politics in general suck just as much as any other company - they're just very good at wrapping them up into a nice comfy organic wool sweater... I'm shocked and amazed that they didn't get spanked bad after the CEO was posting under a fake name bashing Wild Oats while at the same time trying to buy them out. If the FTC had any balls at all, they would have not have allowed that merger to proceed.

There are some other things that they have done that are downright despicable, hiding behind an "earth friendly" banner. For example, a few years ago, they were selling "green energy credits", which in fact did nothing more than adding 100% of the purchase cost to their bottom line. On quick glance, it seemed like the cards were to buy green energy offsets for the store, or carbon offset credits, or something. In fact, though, you paid for the card, and nothing happened on the back end - like a gift card to nowhere.

Another bitch I have is that while their organic fruit is good, they buy B or C grade non-organic produce, to make it appear that the organic is better then it may really be (and they overcharge out the ass for conventional produce).

The real problem with WFM is that they grew mostly through buying local organic grocery chains, and nationalizing/commercializing the whole organic market & destroying some of the local organic economies that relied on the local chains. When I lived in Boston, WFM bought out bread & Circus, and the quality of goods went down over time.

Having said all of that, I can only stand the taste of the organic meats from there - regular meat at the regular market tastes of crap...

If you should ever find yourself in Austin, TX - head to the flagship store - it's two stories and covers a city block...

Rant off...

B

well, I guess I've been told...

True I know the CEO is a flake and if you're going to be a contender on the scale that they are you have to piss people off.

I've done more studying of Starbucks than any other company that I might want to work for and yes there are pros and cons of their workings too.

And for the record, the goal is for me to go work for a multi-national or national company that is related to the food industry. Coca-Cola and Anheiser Busch are big in Columbus so they are on my radar too.

To catch anyone who cares up to speed, I've worked in food all my life, from serving to running an independantly own restuaruant/bakery that was whole foods focused to running a cafeteria for a state agency. I've missed the big corperate food companies...I want to get away from where food is served.

Ultimately I want to create a business where folks scrap for other people, (actually had that business and is on hold while I go back to school.) I have dreams of franchising it, etc. Think closet organizers but for your precious photos.

Now we can resume the conversation about biking (HA) and sex while being blacked out.

XO

Hey J - not trying to wiz on your Wheaties... Business is business, the larger they get the more temptation there is for them to do craptastic things.

I think there's something about WFM - I guess that I want them to follow the same organic, good for the earth approach in their corporate life. Once upon a time, they were more like that - they've grown big, and it may only work on a small scale.< /p>

B

well, I guess I've been told...

True I know the CEO is a flake and if you're going to be a contender on the scale that they are you have to piss people off.

I've done more studying of Starbucks than any other company that I might want to work for and yes there are pros and cons of their workings too.

And for the record, the goal is for me to go work for a multi-national or national company that is related to the food industry. Coca-Cola and Anheiser Busch are big in Columbus so they are on my radar too.

To catch anyone who cares up to speed, I've worked in food all my life, from serving to running an independantly own restuaruant/bakery that was whole foods focused to running a cafeteria for a state agency. I've missed the big corperate food companies...I want to get away from where food is served.

Ultimately I want to create a business where folks scrap for other people, (actually had that business and is on hold while I go back to school.) I have dreams of franchising it, etc. Think closet organizers but for your precious photos.

Now we can resume the conversation about biking (HA) and sex while being blacked out.

XO

Will you pay well? I am a pretty good scrapper....

Holy vegetarian chili heaven. I have hit the spice motha load. I thnk I am either a. dead or b. dreaming. Served up with a side of Multigrain pita chips (Stacy's brand of course)...yummy.

Will you pay well? I am a pretty good scrapper....

It's more about speed...I'm actually trying to work on the model now, well, I was before business school.

I'll let you know when I start hiring people. :o

Damn yall! Vicodin, ice cream, sex, whole foods... Ya;ll were chatty today!!

Vicodin - still have some liquid elixer from surgery - took some for a toothache a few days ago... slept like a log.

Ice Cream - oh how I miss thee...

Sex - oh how I miss thee, even more than ice cream!

Whole Foods - do they have these in KCMO? I totally need to check into this.

OMG ZZ I just read the excerpts they had on Amazon for the book and the 4 pages I read were hilarious. I am so picking it up after work today.

Yes, it is a TOTALLY hilarious book!! Everyone who eats food must read it!

Holy vegetarian chili heaven. I have hit the spice motha load. I thnk I am either a. dead or b. dreaming. Served up with a side of Multigrain pita chips (Stacy's brand of course)...yummy.

I made an organic vegan chili a couple weeks ago. SOOOO freaking good, and - bonus - I pooped like a champ for 2 days. :)

J - Yes, I've known hubby since I was 15, so I hope I can trust him! LOL

ZZ - We've talked about this! You gotta go get you some! :)

B - Your knowledge knows no bounds! You amaze me!

I went and got the book and let me tell you, even if you don't plan to follow their advice and go organic vegan it is one of the funniest diet books I have ever read. I was laughing the entire was through it.

BG - Yes yes. I'm still eating chicken, but the kind that at least claims to be antibiotic free. Lol. That book was awesome. I love the way they wrote it - bad words, bitchiness, and all. It rocks.

You can't expect to eat the same shit and lose weight.

There is nothing more satisfying than taking a big steamy dump.

Smoking is so 1989.

Those are definitely 3 of my favorite statements in the book.