Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

yeah the last 3 days have been a candy party! i hate it! it makes me feel like crap too. i told myself today the party is OVER!

Go to the doc and sing 'fill me up buttercup' to him...that should suitably freak him out.

Yeah, it probably would... Don't think I'll do that - something about freaking out guys who are about to stick big needles in my abdomen...

B

well, I came on to read the post, and had to go through several pages just to get to the end....LOL...

Glad everyone is doing well.

J...hope you have a great trip......

Wishing everyone a great New Year

shhhhhhh i was sleeping...............zzzzzzzzz..........

Well i did a whole 4 miles this morning (wow) before i could not feel my junk anymore. (and i do like to feel my junk)

but i did run and swim at least.

Hows that fill working for ya b?

I think it's going to work just fine. I've been working on a Protein Shake now for about 15 minutes - used to be able to gulp the whole thing down. According to the doc's scale, I've lost 44 pounds in 4.5 months. Can't bitch too much about that... (but I will anyway)

B

B - Wow, that's an amazing loss in such a short time! Way to go!

gREAT JOB B.......IT IS AMAZING HOW YOU ARE DOING.....

B,

The best part about losing 45 pounds now is that you won't gain them back. I love the band for that!

Congratulations!

Buttercup, Buttercup, why hast thou forsaken me, buttercup???

Okay, so today was going to be a nice 11 mile ride in the real world with the Speedplays. It was a beautiful afternoon. Nary a cloud in the sky, about 50, with a nice freshening breeze off the lake. I loaded her up on her spiffy new Thule tray-style rack (no hanging from the tube for my girl), and we set off for the parking lot of the Nebbie Williams Elementary School, which is the start and end point for "Tour de les Shores". I unloaded her in the parking lot, got my gear on and situated, and decided that I would practice a couple of starts and stops before heading out onto the road.

I clipped the right pedal in, pulled it back to about 30-40 degrees before top dead center, and gave a nice push. I lifted the left leg up, clipped right into the pedal with out any issues, and rode a lap or two around the parking lot. I slowed towards a stop, unclipped my left leg and used all the body english I could muster to fall towards my waiting left leg. As I skidded down the parking lot on my right shoulder and knee with rear derailleur crunching right along, I figured out that I had done something wrong.

I unceremoniously unclipped from my prone position, picked up the bike, climbed on, clipped in, and took off again for a few laps around the parking lot. Thinking that I had figured out what went wrong before, I slowed to a stop, unclipped my RIGHT leg ... and proceeded to skid down the parking lot on my left shoulder, knee and handlebar grip. Hmmm... That didn't work any better.

So, I picked up the bike clipped in, and took off for a few more laps around the parking lot. Since neither of the previous two approaches worked, I drew to a stop and just didn't unclip. Once again, my left shoulder and knee became intimately familiar with the very nice concrete parking lot at the Nebbie Williams school.

Since that "don't unclip" approach didn't bear edible fruit, the next go around, I unclipped both feet, and my testicles became intimately familiar with the broad yellow tube of the bike. At that point, I wished I would have just fallen to one side or the other.

Eventually, I noticed that the handlebars and front wheel were no longer pointed in the same direction. I figured it was okay, since i didn't appear to be going anywhere in any great hurry.

About the tenth time falling, I just lay there, enjoying the coolness of the concrete against my bruised and battered body. Someone driving by must have seen me. They pulled into the parking lot, but didn't come near. Once I got up and put the bike in the carrier, they pulled back out.

I took the bike to the bike store - they adjusted the handlebars and checked it all out. Fortunately nothing else was wrong (with the bike).

Total elapsed moving time ~ 5 minutes. Total distance travelled 0.3 miles.

Any body know where I can get a set of Drilliums...

Bike off...

B

B- Thats an amazing loss... and reaffirms that I do NEED another fill in my Stella (Thats my lap bands name)

ALSO - I love your story. I shouldn't laugh, but it is just totally something I would do. Keep trying, you'll get it right eventually... And when I finally get a bike I'm sure I'll have LOTS of falling stories for you to laugh at.