Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I'm so excited! Hubby gave me a complete trainer system tonight for Christmas! I can't wait to get it set up!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS DAY.....

:whoo:

Hello my people!!!!!!!

Whew, I'm there's so much to read! JC, I'm happy to see your smiling avatar on the pages again. Very nice update.

HP and B, new clothing makes a person feel fantastic and I too was sporting some new jeans; size 18s!!!!!! One year ago I was in 30s! So Woo Freaking hoo.

As for biking in December, I really do hate you guys. But you know we get moderate summers and will be able to bike when you are dealing with 100+ degree days. (It's really of little consiquence but I need to feel there's some equality.)

I'm happy the food part of the holidays are over. New Year's isn't going to be a giant drink fest this year, so I believe that I can settle down and get back to eating well tomorrow. I cooked so much yesterday and today...but sent most of it home with my siblings...

Merry Christmas to everyong. Thanks for your gifts of friendship these last many months. I am richer for knowing you all.

HO HO HO

Finaly freakin caught up! Gosh, I'm away from computer for a few days and BAM! 10 pages go by and it takes me 30 minutes to catch up!

MB~~thank you for explaining the pedals!

BG~My oldest text's everybody....good thing we have PCS huh? I miss you!

I had something to say to J, but I forgot......

Oh, and I've eaten enough crap these past couple days that it scares me! Well, I ate small amounts of crap, but crap none the less! Can anyone say time for a fill for Jenn?

BG~ Am I on the books for Jan. 7th? or am I still on the 21st? If it's the 21st, can I get bumped to the 7th? If I leave a message for Terry, will she get it? I need saline! I love ya!

Oh and:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD BIKE......

Yeah, I'm a dork.........

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We just got back from my folks. It was a nice time. I wasn't going to eat any of the food - just have some Protein Shakes, but I ended up having a small amount of a few things that only come around this time of year. Overall, I'm pleased with myself. At the end of the day, I want to be able to eat normal portions of foods that are good for me. On the other hand, I could totally see becoming anorexic or developing some type of bulemia (most likely exercise). I wonder what the stats are for people who have had bariatric surgery who become scared to eat real food due to potential weight gain... Hmmm... Something to research once I get my papers done for school.

I felt bad, though - I had planned on getting up and taking a nice hour-long ride this morning around the golf course and lake, but I didn't sleep past 2:30 this morning. I know that my outlook on life is changing because I didn't just say "fuck it" and blow it off - I debated and decided that with that little sleep on a new route, it might not be too safe. I did ride in the trainer for about an hour and 15 minutes - not too shabby.

I've named the bike. It will be henceforth known as Bulboso. Sounds way more impressive than the English translation - Buttercup... I wanted to name the bike Katherine Heigl, but the wife got a little pissy when I talked about riding Katherine Heigl hard in the afternoon ;).

Before I started my ride, I put the Speedplays on Buttercup, and they were an exact match. Thanks for finding the right color for me Stephanie!

web.jpg

The Speedplays feel so different from the SPDs that I had on the Trek. They will take a little getting used to. With all of the float, it feels kind of like not being clipped in, so I kept yanking my foot to make sure I was really in. I need to adjust the cleats on the shoes a little, and I'm not sure why, but it seems like the left one requires almost twice as much heel-out to unclip as the right. It may be because that when slack, my left foot turns (heel in) a little more than the right. Not sure - have to figure out a way to adjust it.

J - Good for you with the new jeans! That has to make you feel wonderful to go from a 30 to an 18 in one year's time! You didn't mention it, but did you get to spend the holiday with Allison? Was Santa (and Mommy) good to Zoe?

It's back to the grind in the morning. I'm so glad this will be a short week.

Good night everyone!

B

B...

So glad you got the Speedplays on! Isn't that funny...my left seems to need a little more kick to disengage, as well. Hmmm. I think it's just that I am right handed in all things and may just be less coordinated on that side...who knows. I don't know how to adjust them...haven't tried. Now I must investigate!

And LOVE the name Buttercup! My girls name is Giana..."G" for short...means "God's Gracious Gift". Not sure how that applies...just love the name!

Hi peeps

B, Santa was very good to Zoe. She was adorable, wanting to play with each thing before opening the next one. The only sad part is that this is the first year the EX and I didn't spend Christmas morning together with Zoe sharing the experience. I know I'm spoiled in that we broke up 5 years ago, but we still carted all the gifts to one house and had Breakfast and gift opening together.

However, the EX has a serious GF and they started their own new tradition this year. I can't blame them and I wouldn't be sore about it aside from the fact my GF wasn't able to be with us...so it was just me and Z alone for an hour or two until my ENTIRE family showed up for X-mas dinner.

They were fun and the food went home with everyone so there's little to tempt me at home. We always play cards and laugh a lot so don't let the above paragraphs make you think I was moping all day yesterday. I wasn't.

As for Alison, Zoe and I are going to her house this weekend/for New Year's Day. I'm hoping we get a visit in with BG somehow. She lives kinda between my house and Alison's. (BG, how's your Sunday looking??? We could come to you too.)

Whew.

I'm back at work therefore I can fart around on here more. It's a shame when you have to go to work so you can chill.

Isn't that funny...my left seems to need a little more kick to disengage, as well. Hmmm. I think it's just that I am right handed in all things and may just be less coordinated on that side...who knows.

It may very well be a handedness thing - It seems to take much more effort to clip in on the left as well. I'll have to rig up the camcorder or something to get an objective measure on whether it really requires more heel-out to unclip or whether it just feels that way. I'll try to do that tonight & will report back on my results...

B

J -

Glad to hear that you & Zoe had a good Christmas. It's the one time a year that I think that I might miss having kids.

Good plan on sending all the food away. We made sure we didn't bring anything home from my folks. I'm happy - only gained 0.2 pounds yesterday - not that anybody's counting :)

It is funny that sometimes work is more relaxing - especially the holiday weeks when most people are kind of chill...

B

It may very well be a handedness thing - It seems to take much more effort to clip in on the left as well. I'll have to rig up the camcorder or something to get an objective measure on whether it really requires more heel-out to unclip or whether it just feels that way. I'll try to do that tonight & will report back on my results...

B

]

B-

God love ya, I think you might be a little OCD.

:) :) :D