Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BG-

You're funny. I can't say that I bleed scarlet and grey, aside from I really do bleed scarlet.

I would consider living in MI if my daughter could come with me....

It's true, Zoe is more of a buckeye than I'll ever be. Damn indoctrinating school system. Her after school program had a "Beat Michigan" party! She's in Kindergarten! All the kids were decked out in scarlet and grey. I don't even own a freaking t-shirt!

Nor do I want one.

Funny story, Alison is not an Ohio or MI fan being from IL, but I bought her a buckeye shirt as a lark early on. We went to Florida, and she decided to wear the shirt...more strangers talked to her about Ohio and the Buckeyes that one day than all the other days combined! She played like she was a big fan and shit too. I was amused.

So maybe that's not as funny for you as it was for me....

Guess who has only bought her child one gift as of right now??? And that's because the webkinz was by the register when I was buying myself something. I suck I tell you.

Guess who is going to spend tonight and tomorrow shopping? :)

The thing is the kid keeps asking for living things...like kittens, puppies, fish and birds...

Momma is not down with living critters right now. She got a kitten at the other mother's house last Christmas. I don't want that to be a precedent, well maybe she'll get a betta fish.

I think you have enough time for a betta. But not for any live animals. Oh and thanks for the Bling. I fucking love it.

I am only done shopping for the kids. And for my SS though I suck at being a santa because it is not in the mail yet. SO it may be more of a new years gift.

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who sucks at getting to the post office! Though I did get mine in the mail yesterday...finally...I doubt it will be on time.

BG!

I'm glad you love the ring. It's always fun to get surprises.

As far as SS, better late than never I say!

Okay huge huge huge NSV for me.

I got a gift from my bariatric coordinator in the form of a skirt and shirt and knee high boots. The boots went over my calves. The skirt and shirt were a bit snug but fit and were a SIZE 12!!!! Holy effing shit.

dammit people! post something!! I'm cat/apt sitting for a friend tonight and bored out of my gourd!!

I'm watching videos on You Tube trying to teach myself how to crchet - and it's going badly!!

Oh, and I'm munching... IS ANYONE AROUND??

Hey Bycylers...

Yesterday, I made it out of the office in time to avoid the second installation of "pig-out at potluck". I headed over to the toy (bike) store on the way home. I picked up a multi-tool to carry with for on-the-road adjustments and repairs, a pedal wrench to install the Speedplays, a trainer stand, and a cyclocomputer for use on the stand (I use a GPS on the road). It seems that Christmas came early at B's house :eek:

I took the bike out this morning, before a cool front came through. Rode for 45 minutes or so, could have gone quite a bit longer, but the wife and dog were through with their walk. I also wanted to wrap it up while I was ahead... Today is the first time with the new bike that I have not felt like I was riding along on the ragged edge of disaster. Starts were non-eventful - didn't have to abandon a start even once. I felt comfortable in the big chain ring, was able to spin uphill without feeling like I was going to topple over. In general a very good ride. I stopped and used the handy-dandy multi-toool to adjust the riser angle, and I think that helped quite a bit.

The plan is to ride on the road tomorrow through Tuesday (got to love the 4 day weekend), and then put on the Speedplays and spend Wednesday and Thursday practicing on the training stand. If all goes well, I'll ride again on the road with the Speedplays starting next Friday.

I hope everybody is enjoying their weekend!

Bike on,

B