Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

This is the QUIETEST (is that a word?) this thread has EVER been...WTF?

Hey all... I"m just catching up..

I like the talk about invading TX BBQ! My best friend lives in Houston and I go there at least once a year so I could definitly make DFW a stop along the way! I can take a couple extra days vacation and hang with ya'll. That would be freaking awesome!

OK, the weather people are calling for more snow here. It got up to 36F today, and most of our icy trees melted. (Wishing I was in texas now!)

ZZ - It's not that much warmer here now. It's been icing on and off just north of DFW for the past few days, and I get sleet on the way to and from work yesterday. It's a little warmer today and tomorrow, but s'posed to be cold again this weekend (not that freeze-your-ass-off Idaho cold, but at least Texas-style cold).

B

Okay, I'm copying this to all my threads. I got a look at myself today that I did NOT like!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...question: what do you do to tone up the skin when you lose weight? Specifically, my tummy is shrinking faster than my skin can keep up and I don't know what to do for it. Hubby has always raved about my skin and this is VERY important to me. Heck, even my manicurist raves about my skin. This is a vanity point for me and I need HELP!

TX - I have NO idea! I just know that for me, starting out at nearly 400 pounds that I would have to have plastic surgery, so I'm not too worried about it for now. Maybe try some Vitamin E oil and massage it into your skin? I dunno...

ugh, the skin thing is hard one.

I have so much to lose plastic surgery is a foregone conclusion.

There are some folks who claim deep tissue massage helps with this. Perhaps a thorough google will give you some answers.

Sorry, TX. I'm not so helpful.

I need to find something that helps with elasticity. It's still soft, but it's starting to look "shrivelled"...ugh gross, I hate it! Like a ballon that's been inflated for a long time and suddenly gets popped. It's not too bad yet, but I want to attack the problem NOW.

Here I come, GOOGLE!

J~ I think that is your nickname, not sure though...Just didn't want to put OJ because then I think about orange juice....and that other guy...ya know the one who "didn't" kill the other people????

My 2 letter nickname is JJ..(thanks BG!)..and I've been doing real good. Glad to be banded, just wish I had some restriction...I have none and I got 1.25cc's on Monday. I keep thinking that maybe today it'll kick in...not sure if I should just wait or what.

Hope everyone else is doing good...I can't wait to go to LBS and start shopping for my very first "real" bike!

I can see Texas as very doable. My aunt lives there, in Burleson....so, I can totally see that..but, who knows. Have to see what gas is going to do I guess by next summer.

J, I bet your happy about school. I have to do three finals next week and then I will be doing the happy dance too!!!

TX, try dry skin brushing and contrast showers. You need a long handled natural bristled skin brush. Before you shower scrub your dry skin with the dry brush for about 5 minutes total. Start at your feet and work your way up brushing toward your heart. For the showering you do three minutes hot as you can stan and one minute cold as you can stand through your entire shower. I know it sounds nuts but after you get used to it, it is very very refreshing. These things are supposed to help with circulation which is supposed to help with your skin. You can google "dry skin brushing" or "contrast showers" for more info. My belly now looks like a butt but I started off pretty damn large and in charge.

Jenn sometimes it takes like 2 weeks for the fill to really kick in. When is your next appointment?

I am so in for a road trip to TX.

Oh and Jenn I gots to talk to you about those Hannah Montana tickets. I have yet another source to possibly get us a suite. Maybe I am overly confident about getting tickets but oh well. Now we just have to figure out how we should tell the girls. I think we should tell them together in some sort of surprising way.....

Okay...I keep hearing about this chick lately...who the heck is Hannah Montana?!?!?

Her actual name is Miley Cyrus (you remember achy breaky heart...his kid) and she is on a Disney show called Hannah Montana which is about a girl who is a pop superstar (Hannah Montana) but lives as a "normal" kid (Miley) and no one in her normal life knows she is really Hannah Montana other than her closest friends. Anyhow it is a huge show with the young ladies and she is out on a musical tour singing her songs from the show and some of her own songs. My daughter loves her and has been watching the show since it came on the air.

Hannah Montana - Disney Channel

I see. Yeah, I saw her on a magazine cover last night with her dad. Didn't know she had a show...sounds cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm off to Houston again to visit with hubby after I take our son to school, so y'all have a great weekend in case I can't check back in for bit!