Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Juli, according to the BB I burned about 1300 calories. Which is good because I went to a surprise party last night and I probably consumed that much in frosting.

I think I am finally getting the exercise bug back. My workout mojo has returned. I have spent the whole morning debating which classes I want to take to go along with my running. Since Monday and Fridays are my cardio "rest" days I am taking a body shaping class those evenings. Think mini boot campesque. I do belive that I am also going to take a contact kickboxing class on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I run short runs (3miles) those days right after work (2pm ish) and the class it at 7pm. And then Sundays I am doing a spinning class to help keep my ass bike ready. Maybe I am pushing it a bit, I don't really care. I am just ready to go full speed ahead again and I am going to take advantage of it as long as possible. I am so ready to get to goal.

Sounds like you're kicking ass and taking names babygirl! Good on ya'...

Have you taken any spinning before? I'd like to look into that to augment my on-the-road biking, but I'm nervous about making an ass of myself...

B

Same here, but I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I excel at making an ass of myself, so why should I deprive the fine folks at the gym of a good laugh? LOL

I need to pick up a schedule to see when registration is.

I love all the exercise mojo!

I'm thinking about joining the gym I used to belong to so I can catch a class or two a week. My schedule is such that I can't do something regular...

Anyway, Spinning is supposed to be fantasic for carido and for keeping your biking legs in the cold weather.

So I get all ready to go into court today and fight my ticket, only to actually read my ticket and find out that my appearance date is not until the 20th.

What a waste of a day off work.

Good Monday morning my people.

I think I'm going to shoot for running 5 days instead of 3. I need to burn more calories.

Juli how long are you running for on the days you run?

IMO I would not do more than 4 days per week running and cross training on the other days. Try to run longer an the days you do run. After 30 minutes of running you burn more fat than glucose. Try alternating running 5 minutes, walking 1 or 2 minutes for an hour. Not that I am some great runner or anything, I just read a whole shit ton of books. =)

Well right now I run 3 days and do the cardio/calestenic thing 3 days.

When I run, I'm on the treadmill for 30 minutes, I run for 3 6 minutes chunks and walk otherwise.

I'm working toward running the whole 30 minutes.

I just want to burn more calories...

I want my bike, sniff....boo hoo....(pouting and foot stomping)

So, wait, you're saying just run longer on the days I run?

I think I can do that. I mean right now the goal is to lengthen the time I'm running.

The cardio-calestenic (sp?!) days I burn fewer calories so was thinking I need to add more to those days. But perhaps I should just get my ass on the elyptical trainer for a piece of time on those days?

I love that you are well read...it saves me from having to read. Keep giving me advice. I appreciate it.

Yes that is what I am saying my dear. You want to give your body some time to rest between your running days, so just run longer on the days you do run and do something else on the days in between.

Running burns the mega best calories ever, but as a beginner every single day is too much IMO.

As for the reading, I need something to do other than be on the computer. I hope to do less of it in the spring when I can actually ride again. I hate, hate, hate the cold. I hate that it was so icy out today that school was canceled and of course I did not find this out until I took the girl to school. But I want running to be easier and better for me so I read about it. I am sure I will have a triathlon book in my hands soon enough since that is like one of the uber ultimate goals of 2008.

BG,

You're amazing.

Of course I've been trying to keep up with you...I've agreed to the Muddy Buddy and everything, but there's no tri atha nothing in my future.

I will however, be your cheerleader!!!!

I like the idea of running long...and tomorrow is my outside day, so it's always easier to run longer outside...it's not nearly as boring. I'm trying to get one outside run per week right now. There will be more as we get closer to February 17th.