Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

At least they took the snow out of the forecast...

About 4 hours 'til I pick it up. Yippee!! Must fight urge to buy more toys while I'm there...

B

SNOW?!?!?!?

What the heck?!?!? It's supposed to be 80 today and I have my air conditioner on! It was supposed to snow next week?!?!? I'm glad I missed it and it's called off. I know everyone says this all the time, but Texas weather truly is NUTS!

Have fun at the LBS getting your new bike today! Very dangerous having to cross that threshold again and not buy more toys, you're right! You will be strong! Hey, who's your LBS, anyhow? I really like the Bicycles Inc. in Bedford, but you just can't beat the prices at Performance in Ft. Worth. Just wondering if you had any local treasure spots to share.

Hello everyone....we did get snow last night. It is pretty, but too cold for me...hate the cold now that I am getting fit. I used to LOVE the cold, when I could just stay at home all the time and not move from the couch. Not happening now though, so it sucks. I just hope we have snow for Christmas. Have a happy weekend everyone....

Oh, crap, almost forgot to tell you all this. I am NOT happy about this. My son, who is 19, went to my parent in laws last week and they got to talking about me. My son says "My mom is looking really good" and the in laws say " Well, she is gonna get sick if she doesn't stop losing weight. She is looking unhealthy." WTF?????????????????????????????? Are you kidding me? I am so upset that they think of me that way. No one showed any concern for my unhealthiness when I couldn't walk three feet without being in pain....or I had to take all the medications for my health problems or use the CPAP for my breathing.....NO ONE was willing to say anything to me then, but now that I am getting healthy, they say that I am unhealthy??????? I am so up in arms over this, I am considereing not going to the family Christmas party. I NEVER thought of all people to be jealous of me it would be my mother in law.

Well, I feel a little better now telling you guys about it. I look healthy, I eat healthy, I have healthy habits....I am healthy. I am NOT SICK OR UNHEALTHY. Maybe I should put that on my Christmas card to them this year.

Hey TX - yep - for a while around 1:30 this morning, the WFAA forecast for Monday was high of 36 with rain/sleet/snow. It's been updated since then...

This bike is coming from Plano Cycle and Fitness on 75 in Plano. The Trek came from Richardson Bike Mart. So far, not as impressed with PCF as with RBM. The lady that helped me on Tuesday was great - spent a few hours, said that she'd get me properly fit when i came back, etc. She was out sick yesterday and the guy who "helped" me basically didn't want to have anything to do with it. Hopefully she's there today. If not, I'm gonna be big-time pissed. They're the only Bacchetta dealer anywhere near here, so I'm kinda stuck. Their reputation is good, but I'm not impressed. RBM on the other hand, is great. Even though they got all famous from Lance, they're still great. I bought all my bikes there in the 80s and early 90s, and they're still just as friendly and helpful as they were back then.

I like performance for toys - so much cheaper than most other places, and a much bigger selection.

B

D - I get the same shit from my grandmother. Every goddamn time I see her, "So, Michael, how much more weight are you going to lose?" So, I tell her some number, like maybe another 30 or so (she doesn't need to know the real numbers), and she gets this sour puss look "oh dear, don't lose too much". I love her dearly, but it hurts and pisses me off.

Maybe the subject of when the wife and I are going to provide her with a great-grandchild will come up at Christmas dinner - I can just imagine grandma's response to the truth about that ;) At least my decreasing weight won't come up :)

B

I get the same crap...mostly from men, which completely confounds me. I want to lose another 40+ pounds and they freak out on me. I thought men liked women who look like sticks?!?!? Which I don't want, by the way...I believe women should have curves. The hardest thing for me is that hubby is really concerned that I am losing too much weight, but I'M NOT. I have seen this problem on many threads, but I have yet to see any solutions. Has anyone had success in stopping these comments?

D,

These are lyrics to "Hate on Me" about those damn ass people who just ask for more, say what you give isn't enough, and find fault in what you do to make your world better.

I love Jill Scott. I love this song, it's great to work out to and it makes me think, "fuck y'all, no really, hate me if you want, but I'm doing right by me."

And don't let small minded in laws define who you are what success mean to you.

Lyrics: Jill Scott - Hate On Me lyrics

If I could give you the world

On a silver platter

Would it even matter?

You'd still be mad at me

If I could find in all this

A dozen roses

Which I would give to you

You'd still be miserable

In reality, I'm gon' be who I be

And I don't feel no faults

For all the lies that you bought

You can try as you may

Break me down but I say

That it ain't up to you

Gone and do what you do

(Chorus)

Hate on me, hater

Now or later

'Cuz I'm gonna do me

You'll be mad, baby

(Go 'head and hate)

Go 'head and hate on me, hate on

'Cuz I'm not afraid of it

What I got I paid for

You can hate on me

Ooh, if I gave you peaches

Out of my own garden

And I made you a peach pie

[ Hate On Me lyrics found on Complete Album Lyrics ]

Would you slap me high

What if I gave you diamonds

Out of my own womb

Would you feel the love in that,

Or ask "why not the moon"?

If I gave you sanity

For the whole of humanity,

Had all the solutions

For the pain and pollution

No matter where I live,

Despite the things I give,

You'll always be this way

So go 'head and....

(Chorus)

Hate on me, hater

Now or later

'Cuz I'm gonna do me

You'll be mad, baby

(Go 'head and hate)

Go 'head and hate on me, hate on

'Cuz I'm not afraid of it

What I got I paid for

You can hate on me

You cannot hate on me

'Cuz my mind is free

Feel my destiny

So shall it be

Wow, B! I didn't know y'all were expecting! Congratulations!

SweetDreams.jpg

I'm starting to hear people question me about my goal weight. When I say 130 people bigger than me, like taller, go ooh, ick.

Now two women I work with, one of whom I call my skinny body twin...we are the same size and shape, and I got to talking yesterday. The twin is a size 4. They are both short. I said I want to fall between 120 and 130, which won't happen until after plastic surgery...they both said, under a size 4 be careful about looking guant...but they were so "that's the range we live in".

So I feel it's on target.

Now if someone put real pressure on me about my potential size, I just tell them that they need to keep their opinions to themselves. It's my body, my weight and until my doctor or I think otherwise there's no issue. Really more to my character would be, "You don't think you're allowed an opinion about that do you?"

But I'm queer and really don't give a shit about what men might think or say in regard to my appeal...women tend to tread more carefully in those areas.

J - OMG That sounds like what I need to tell my mother!

B just got snipped. Can you find an illustration for that? ;)

thvasectomy.jpg

TX - J's right, I better not be expecting! That's part of the reason for the new bike - very uncomfortable on the regular seat. Now, for the conspiratorially inclined, I DID NOT get snipped just to get the bike I wanted, it's just a happy side effect :)

Precious picture, though...

And, if for some reason, we are expecting, it will be an even more interesting christmas dinner conversation ;)

Good song J. Ouch on the pic, though...

I haven't heard any concern from the wife lately, but she did express concern before surgery that i would get skinny and leave her. I'm still me, just more like the me that I once was and want to be again.

Speaking of being snipped my OBGYN suggested that I get a endometrial ablation to help with my excruciating long and painful periods. I am not exactly sure on how I feel about becoming sterilish. I am 99% sure I do not want anymore kids but down the road I don't know....

I think people are so used to seeing us heavy that when they see us at a normal size it looks alarmingly thin to them. I have about 40 pounds to lose and people don't think I have that much left to go. Well they are also used to seeing me at 280. Right now I do look tiny to them, whereas if i had always been thin I would look normal.