Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Ugh...how long were you running around over filled? I can actaully imagine how irritating that would be.

Talk about effed up perspective. I ate only 1200 calories or fewer the last few days. It's not 11am and I've eaten nearly 900 already!

Somebody stop me! Looks like I'm going to run/walk a full hour today....no little 30 minutes for me.

D

Thanks for the shout out. I'm feeling pretty good about finally losing a few pounds.

But as you can see I've eaten like shit so far today....I swear as soon as I feel like I'm in control something knocks me on my butt.

Will someone please kick my ass?

I've been eating around my band this week... ice cream, chocolate. Those things taste so good and go down so easily. Went to Panera last night with a friend and I used to always get a salad, but I can't eat lettuce anymore, so I just got a Latte, then later went back for this big ole brownie thing. Why the hell can I eat THAT but not a salad? And the saddest part is that I wasn't even hungry, cause I'd already eaten a ton of M&Ms at work earlier...

yell at me please. I need a reality check...

To paraphrase Twisted Sister -

Oh I'm Not Gonna Take It

no, I Ain't Gonna Take It

oh I'm Not Gonna Take It Anymore...

I had set out certain goals for myself before I got my lapband, and over the past few months, I've let "Life" get in the way of these goals. Well, what the hell good is "Life", if I'm not around to enjoy it, or alive, but not healthy? And besides, the crap that we collectively call "Life", you know that crap that happens while we were making other plans, is mostly that, crap.

So, it is with great pleasure that I am happy to pull my head out of my ass.

* I will work to support my family, but I will not invest (waste) emotional energy on it. It is a job, it is not who I am, or why I am.

* I will take a break from school. I love Harvard passionately, always will, but trying to go to school in Boston while living in Dallas is making me damn unhappy.

* I will endeavor to find a new job in Boston, but until then, I will do my job in Dallas to the best of my ability, and I will live my life in Dallas to its fullest.

* I will ride my bike. I will not bitch about the fact that the twins still hurt from the de-(I won't say the word J)-ing. I will buy a new saddle, and if that doesn't work, I will buy a new bike. In the end, it's only money, and at what cost for something that I love.

* I will ride the trainer when outdoor conditions or timing prevents riding on the road.

* I will ride in the Dallas MS150 ride. It was a goal before we talked about moving, so it should be a goal now. If we move before the ride, I will come back to Dallas for that weekend to ride.

* I will eat only enough to maintain a calorie deficit of 1500 calories per day, based upon my exercise. That food will include Protein and fat, and will exclude carbohydrates as much as is possible.

* Most importantly, I will quit bitching that I am not losing enough weight when I am not doing my part to lose it.

All of you are such an inspiration, thanks for listening to me rant!

B

Hooray for B! Good going! I love the change in attitude and making the best of where you are in life! Here's to not being a victim!

(And let me know when you sign up for the ride...maybe we can partner up?)

All I did was eat an effing GRAPE!!!!!!

I am SO STUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZZ - CUT IT OUT! You know better than that! We all do it, but it's time to cut it out and get back on the plan, girl! You are doing so well...just get it back in gear! LUV YA!

ZZ

Get your head out of your ass. You had surgery to lose weight, for the love of god, why are you eating like you don't remember that?

Write down what you eat! No excuses. If that's what it takes (and it does) for someone to lose weight, why are you resisting the 15 minutes-tops- a day it takes to do that?!

How many calories in shit did you eat yesterday???? 2K????

Now, I'll spit your head out, because I just bit it off and I'll give you some kindness.

The reality is you need to find a way to get some balance. There is room for chocolate in a banded person's life, but it's in a moderate, knowing what you are consuming way.

How long ago did you try salad? Slow down and chew, chew, chew. I too have problems with lettuce and other veggies, but if I take my time I can get it in me. And please remember if you don't eat well, you won't feel well and if you don't feel well you won't exercise. and if you don't exercise you're not going to be more successful than the other 50% of banded people who are just average or below average losers.

You are so much better than average.

Love yourself, we love you.

And please crawl up my ass with both feet when I need it. Which I'm sure I will!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

J

B

You sound like you've seen the light.

Good perspective. Good forward thinking. And it the nads hurt while riding, problem solve that...you know there's a solution.

You da man.

I'm now off to run in 34 degree weather. Wish me luck. I'm insane.

TX - I've already signed up! My company sponsors a team, and they have lunchtime training rides starting in the next few weeks. But, I'd love to train & ride with you! We need some "Banded Bicycling Bitches" jerseys (or better yet, some "banded bycyling bitches" jerseys :)

ZZ - What J said. I've found the same thing as you - the ooey gooey things that we shouldn't be eating go down just fine, without a lot of effort. It's the things that we should be eating that take effort, and well, it is what it is. Eat slow, chew lots, then chew some more, then wait a while longer.

J - Thanks! I have seen the light. I'm on my way to the LBS in a few to talk saddles & recumbent bikes. The wife may not be thrilled with the extra cash outflow, but, well, it is what it is. It is a strategic investment in several of the core values of my life - health, exercise, and Paris-Brest 2011. BTW, congratulations on 101. I am so happy for you! Enjoy your run!

B

B, just think you CAN ride now in Dallas whereas in Boston your sore nuts would be frozen to the seat.

WAAAAAAAAAAggggghhhhhhh. I miss my bike. I miss bycyling. I miss it so damn much. All I thought about today during my three mile run is that I would rather be biking. I hope the "love" for running shows up soon. I have heard it sucks for awhile and then it gets good. Well dammit the sucking part is not going away. I miss my bike. I miss sitting while working out and an indoor bike is not cutting it. I don't even care about ahving to break my ass back into the saddle and going through that pain. I just wanna ride.

Okay I am done whining now.

And ZZ....everything Juli said times 12.

I ran and live to tell the tale. It's actually fun and BG, I have a love for it like I do biking so it IS possible. It will happen for you.

I too miss my bike. I went to the LBS today to get something snug to wear under my sweats I got a pair of long cycling pants without the ass pad. They were XL's not XXL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they fit and they kept my legs warm on the run. Woo Hoo. I can wear them in the early spring for cycling and that's a sweet bonus.

But while at the shop I asked the worker dude about trainers. Looks like it's just under $200 for a set up. I don't have that kind of cash flow...and B, I do a lot of spending to support the strategic goal of fitness/better life, so I get cha', but this chica is one broke mother and $200 is more than I can justify...so I just drool.

Santa/SugarMomma would get it if I asked but I already asked for luggage and that supports another strategic goal for the year, which is traveling!!!!!!!!!

ZZ, hope you're feeling better.

BG - Very true! Although it has been a little frigid here lately... Might become more so, if I fork over for another bike ;)

I stopped by the bike store -- never an inexpensive proposition. I found the bike that I want. They said they would give me about half of what I paid for my hybrid, so I might be able to swing the new bike nowish. It is much different riding a bike with the legs up in the air... (Wave'em like you just don't care). Anyway, will keep you guys posted.

B