Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hey, peeps! I'm so far behind in reading this forum that I will NEVER catch up! So I'm saying "HI" and picking up from here.

How's everybody doing? Anybody still riding? It seems everyone here is in the freaking COLD except me and B!

I'm up to a little over 60 miles a couple times a week now. All the traveling lately has put a crimp in the frequency, though. I'm not going to push the training any further than that...I figure if I can do 60, then I should be able to do the 75 or so for two days in May for the MS150. I just can't give my training and workouts any more time, or I'll end up divorced! LOL

I hope everyone is doing well and being good because Santa is coming to town, right? :clap2:

TX

As rude as this sounds I hate you, you bitch! I'm so jealous of being able to ride like that!

I miss it soooooooooooooo much!

Otherwise, everything is good here on my end. Looking forward to my fill in Friday. (I sit here eating baked corn chips and salsa....)

XO

TX

As rude as this sounds I hate you, you bitch! I'm so jealous of being able to ride like that!

I miss it soooooooooooooo much!

Otherwise, everything is good here on my end. Looking forward to my fill in Friday. (I sit here eating baked corn chips and salsa....)

XO

Thanks for the laugh, J! Isn't it strange how it's okay to be called a bitch and laugh about it on this thread! LOL It's okay...I heart you/think you are a bitch, too!

Seriously, I'm so sorry you can't ride because of the weather! In all honesty, it's pretty darn cold here, at least for Texas. (It was 40 day before yesterday.) I put on my cycling tights, baklava (sp? not the icky desert!), gloves, jacket...and just go for it! My gym partner thinks I'm nuts, but I LOVE IT!

"Baklava...." drooly like Homer Simpson....I love Baklava.

Wonder Bitch Power, Activate.

If the close to 40's don't get that reference I'll cringe.

I agree with J on the bitch part. We had snow today. Wind chills to 20 degrees. Wind blowing 30 miles an hour. No outside riding for me. BUT............ after classes today I detoured to the gym and rode the recumbent bike for 3.5 miles. I am definitely going back and doing it again. I loved it. I wanted to run on the treadmill, BUT, there was only one available, the other two were broke. What a piece of shit, I thought.....the university and only one freakin treadmill.....well, I am not going to let that stop me....I am going back on Thursday after class and then going skating again Thursday night. That is going to be an every Thursday night thing this winter. Nine bucks for the three of us to skate anywhere from 5-9.....VERy good exercise.....

Jen, congrats on the band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just telling hubby last night as I was trying not to choke on the slime bubbling forth from my mouth that I was not thinking this whole thing was worth it. I had just ate two small, size of silver dollars, rice cakes, and then drank some juice. WRONG MOVE!!!!!!!! Slime attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the slime and burping more than the pain and stuckness.

Oh, and JC, glad to see you still have time for us ladies here. You know, WE did know you first!!!!

B, where are you at?????

BG, you are so awesome. I am so wanting to go running again. Too cold outside and I hope I can get the treadmill on Thursday. I just hope all the cute young college boys can keep their hands off of me.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't I wish that was my problem!!

Oh, and hear this one...a gal I go to school with says her dad had the bypass a little over a year ago and he slimes too!! Not only that but he gets stuck on foods. What the hell is that about???? I have never heard of any of this, has anyone else?????

Quote:

Originally Posted by OH Juli viewpost.gif

Wonder Bitch Power, Activate.

If the close to 40's don't get that reference I'll cringe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-Oh...exactly 40 here and don't know... ???

Is that from Wonder Woman?

(But I must admit that I love the sound of it and really want to know what that's about! It sounds like something I would really wear out!)

Oh my dog, D! 20 degree wind chills! Makes my teeth chatter just THINKING about it! Where does everyone here live anyhow? I don't think I ever knew?

Stef I am up in Michigan. Right outside of Detroit, so pretty far south in MI. It has been averaging about 30 degrees when I go to work in the am and maybe up to 40 when I leave. The cold does suck, but it is not that bad since those of us who live in it are used to it. But riding a bike in it? Hell no. I am not that hardcore. I could walk a few miles, possibly run, but no biking for me. Though when I get my new bike I might change my tune.

did i see a sentence that said your new bike?????????

Missed you JC glad you checked in....

Glad your checking in to Step....

Hope we all have a good day