Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Thanks HP and J! I forgot you could go to my old slide shows, as well. I kind of grimace when I look at the old pics, but life was good whether I was big or small, so it's all good!

I gave a few suggestions for my SS. I like mag subscriptions, biking, fitness, light cooking etc. What else did I say, stuff for my bike, little tools for the bag, a fun light, I like cheap jewlery. I like expensive stuff too, but I'm guessing a $25 budget isn't going to get me much. books that are inspiring.

No clothes and I'm good.

Juli

Uh oh, J! Please don't tell me that you ride without a multitool and tire levers! If so, you must have your cell phone in there to call for help! :help:

:biggrin1:

oh HP, I see another pound is gone from your body!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is my seven month bandiversary.....hmmmm...wonder what I'll get....

J, aren't you coming up on your year????

J, thanks for dragging up that quote. The reason for no exercise for me is sickness. I am back on it today. I thought I would just give it a rest until I felt all the way better so that I didn't drag out the sickness. Or at least that is what I am telling myself....back at it today though. I did do yard work yesterday and I hear that that counts...so yah me!!!

I don't like any combination of Thanksgiving ticker I come up with...so I'm on to Christmas early!

Thanks D!!! I was soooooo excited to see the 260's leave my scale!!!!

Sorta like my bank account going down......LOL

I have the excuse of working too much, but it is going to have to get on my schedule soon....

D...you have come such a long way in 7 months havent you? Cant imagine we were ever over 300...

You know, I was thinking about that this morning HP. I was thinking about how was just going to be content with how fat I was and how big I was and try to live like I was happy no matter what. I have no doubt in my mind that if I had not come across the lap band I would of been up to 400 pounds in the next few years. I was content to just keep gaining. Well, maybe not content but I was willing to accept the fact that I was just a fat person and I was always gonna be a fat person. Thank god for this band. I hate it at times, but mostly love it. I love what it has done for my self esteem. I hate that I can't get my mind to understand that I have to ALWAYS take small bites and chew good.

Oh, by the way, I have come up with a new system for eating my meals which so far is working out fabulous.

I take the meal and divide it up into four portions. I then get five minutes to eat each portion. It then takes me 20 minutes to get through the meal instead of the 5 seconds that it usually does to scarf down enough food to get stuck. Sometimes I don't ever even finish the whole meal. Now, they are very small portions anyways, I would say 1/2 cup, sometime a little more. So, I am getting about 1 1/2 - 2 cups food. Thats what my dietitian wants me eating. Now, if I could just figure out how to NOT snack......

No snacking? D, thats insanity talking! :scared:

Well kids, I'm a sick puppy. Well, mentaly always, but now its physical. My sinuses are freaking backed up and throbbing my whole face. I hurt from the top of my head, through my eyes, nose, roof of my mouth, down my throat. These lights here in the hospital (work) are killing me. All these buzzers and bells and phones ringing are going to push me over the edge. My manager told me to go take some Ativan... but she meant Advil. Lol. I would go for some Ativan though - then I just wouldn't give a flying fig about the pain. :fish:

Can't get in to see my doc until Wednesday... but I'm supposed to work that day and I can't call in to work cause then I won't get my holiday pay for Thanksgiving. I'm gonna die. (dramatic, no?)

Wahhhhhhhhhhh! I just wanna whine.

-OK, you may now resume your kiss arse exercise and weightloss talk-

Uh oh, J! Please don't tell me that you ride without a multitool and tire levers! If so, you must have your cell phone in there to call for help! :help:

:biggrin1:

I ride with groups if on the road or on the trail close to my house.

I always have an inner tube with me though!

ZZ, it that supervisor of yours a nurse? I'd love for her to mix up my advil with ativan. Hehehe

I'm scheduled for a fill on the 30th. For those of you keeping track it will be my second fill since I was banded in March. So, D, I guess I am coming up on my 9 monther in December. I'll be taking so progress pics in a few weeks. UGH.

I didn't get a fill until August because I was losing a good 10 pounds a month. It's so slow now, maybe 4 pounds a month. It is because I'm eating more...more quantity, more sugar and moving so much less. I miss the 3 hour bike rides. BOO HOO.

Peace out, ya'll.

I had this unbelievable dream about Tom Brady last night. It is probably the only thing getting me through my day....

As for gifts I like things that smell pretty, football, Tom Brady, football, biking.

My dislikes are wet shower curtains and feet.

I am so sore today. Saturday I did a 30+ mile ride. about 1/2 way through there was 9 mile hill. My legs are still so sore. Does anyone have a cure fro the burning feeling. I have been drinking as much Water as possible.

John

I am so sore today. Saturday I did a 30+ mile ride. about 1/2 way through there was 9 mile hill. My legs are still so sore. Does anyone have a cure fro the burning feeling. I have been drinking as much Water as possible.

John

I hear Pickle Juice works for that kind of thing.

wait... that was supposed to say KICK arse not kiss.. damn fingers...

ROFLMAO I love you, ZZ!!! LOL