Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BTW...where are you from Suzzie?

I live in a suburb just North of Kansas City Missouri. So the Clinton MO portion of the Katy trail is about 2 hours south of me. I actually used to live in Clinton MO when I was 18... never even knew the trail existed! Lol.

I agree with the B&B or camping... and did you see the amount of Winerys?!?! I'm sooo thinking that biking/wine tasting go hand in hand. Hahaha!

It is a good website. I spent about 3 hours there the other night...

Oh I know...I was looking at the past years journals and photos....It does look like you would need a mountain bike or a hybrid, as some of the terrain looks like gravel.

I couldnt get over the amount of food that the organized ride had...I bet it is at least 1000 bucks for the week.....but man it would be a blast...even if you did it without being on the organized ride, and did your own thing...which would be fun too.

I defiantly want to get that book.

YOU NEED TO GET A BIKE>

I KNOW I NEED A BIKE!! Lol. I can't afford one now, not until I get my income tax back... Come on SPRING!

I think I'm going to get that book too.

And I know what you mean about the trails looking a little rough for a road bike, I read on there somewhere that they said most people ride Mountain bikes or hybrids... but some do Road bikes.. Either way, I could always rent one if the terrain was too rough for the Road bike of my dreams.

And the organized week long end to end trail (from St.CHarles to Clinton, and they take your luggage from pne B&B to the next for you) runs a bit over $1000. I couldn't afford that one, but I could afford to just do my own trip where I lug my gear in a backpack or something. Lol. I was thinking of doing it and camping, but I;m thinking carrying a tent around would get old fairly quickly. Haha.

yea I know....I cant afford that either. Heck, my bike I have in layway wasnt too expensive, but it is still in layway because I dont have the money yet to get it...LOL

I am sick of BILLS>>>

I think the organized one would be great, but.....not this time.....I still need to build myself up for 5 straight days of riding....man......that wold be amazing.

I totally think the book would be neat....

What kind of bike do you think you want to get??

I guess I am going to keep my Hybrid bike. Maybe use it on shorter rides and all. Need to start looking for one for my husband...his is veryyyyy old.....LOL

I'm not real sure what bike I want... I like several Specialized, and a few from Trek... I'm gonna wait until Spring (hopefully I'll be about 25 - 35 pounds thinner by then) and get fitted and try a few out. I;m very excited. Everyone of my friends and co-workers and family is sick of hearing about it . I think that they think its all just a 'phase' I'm going through. Ha!

Oh, and the SS thing....

I like vanilla candles, and anything biking. I also love dogs, and love the outdoors. I am really easy.

I think there are some on here who have not given any ideas yet...UMMMMMM...HELLO!!!!!!

Too funny! I also love vanilla candles and any spicy homey scents, also. Dogs are a HUGE part of my life, as well. I have a black lab and a pom and a tortie cat that THINKS she is a dog. And anything golf...my newest passion!

HP is the only one I saw give ideas just yet...did I miss some in my "power scan" over what I missed while I was gone?

(I effed up the quote somehow and I don't feel like re-typing this!)

ZZ - "Baldies are hot, btw.

TMI - anyone else have issues with not being 'regular'? Seriously annoying... I miss my bathroom time. Maybe I need more fiber... Maybe I should add some Benefiber into my morning Protein Shakes? Lol."

ZZ - Oh yes, baldies are HOT! Hubby is the same as B and "Bics" his...I love it. People tell him he looks like "Stone Cold"! LOL And regarding your TMI...I have to put two teaspoons of Benefiber into one of my Protein shakes AND take two Fiber Choice chewables. If I didn't, I'd be a "once a week-er" and miserable.

BG - Glad you had fun...and yes, you looked cute!

Here's a slideshow with a few of our Las Vegas highlights. (Hover your mouse over a pic to see the caption.)

(For those of you on the same threads as me, this is the same one!)

Las Vegas by robbieandstef

Step...Your evening gown picture of you is very pretty......You look amazing. I went and looked at your other photo album as well..YOu have changed allot over the past year and a half.

The Grand Canyon looked wonderful.

I am also realizing we have children around the same age. My daughter graduated this past May as well. Well, she graduated early but she is almost 19 now.

I am glad you had a good time....Also...LOVE THE DOG AND CAT PICTURES....YOUR CAT IS AMAZING LOOKING.....

Bg..looks Like You Had Wayyyyy To Much Fun This Weekend.....lol

Glad You Had A Good Time...

I Am Hating This Weather....i Almost Went Out In It Today And Rode Anyway....if It Would Of Been For All The Dear Hunters, I May Have...

Oh Well.

I gave a few suggestions for my SS. I like mag subscriptions, biking, fitness, light cooking etc. What else did I say, stuff for my bike, little tools for the bag, a fun light, I like cheap jewlery. I like expensive stuff too, but I'm guessing a $25 budget isn't going to get me much. books that are inspiring.

No clothes and I'm good.

Juli

BG

You did look adorable. And yeah, I could give a flake that we won. Woo yawn hoo.

TX

Good to see you're back. I looked at some of your pictures. You've changed quite a bit! Way to go!

ZZ

I add corn to my diet if I don't poo for a day or two. It tends to make stuff move.

Also, I'd travel to bike with you fine folks. I won't camp however. I'm far to delicate for that. I like wine too...so that could be super enjoyable.

HP

You are so much better than me. I have put ol' Gloria up [i think I've just named my bike] for the season. I'm getting a trainer though and setting up shop in the basement. I won't even consider taking her out for ride until March!

JC,

I'm a day away from calling you. Please post something, soon!

Yea Jc.....what The Heck Are You Up To Anyway???

Hope Everything Is Going Well For You