Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Hey J -

I'm too fucking tired for any butter churning here at casa swain... And too fucking pissed at myself, too. Today was the office Thanksgiving day meal. Why is it that shit that I should be eating (no carb, low fat, all Protein meat) won't go down for shit, but the oooey gooey deserts full of carbs and fat and crap go down just fine. Anyway, so pissed at myself... I'm going to go get the tightest fucking fill next week. I can't last through the holiday season like this.

Stacy - obviously, I'm feeling your pain as well. You've been at it longer than I, and your results have been wonderful. Cheer up chica, we love you & we'll all get through this together.

Painfully tired now, must sleep. Will be back in the morning...

B

ooey gooey desserts... yeah, someone brought in this evil fucking chocolatey chocolate sinfully delicious cake and I ate some. I ate a small peice, but I am still disappointed in myself cause I'd been so good. My scale has barely moved in a week and I'm mad at myself now. Ergh.... And THanksgiving is going to suck cause there will be Peanut Butter BALLS there.

Dammit - I'm done bitching now.

Okay,

I'm just pissed with the bodybugg thing where they told me that nutrition labels are wrong by 40%. That when I think I've been eating 1400 daily average they calculate I've been eating 2000.

It pisses me off. I doubt the logic of it all and makes me not want my bugg. And I'm probably too incoherant (spelling for shit to boot) to explain myself clearly. And I know this isn't the BB forum, but there are a few of us with one. So I'll shut up.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I should have lost 2.5 by all the math and I know I won't see that!

I'm pmsing I think because everything makes me want to cry. UGH.

Now I just need to finish school so I can have a life.

good morning everyone...

havent really posted this week...I am going to be at 55 hours at the end of the day today.......I AM TIRED!!!

Work is still....here.....looks like the holiday week is going to be spent at work....YEA:(

Diet seems to be ok, not getting home until late does not allow for HUGE meals...which is a good thing. I am going to try and hit the gym next week and arrange my times a little better. Not doing any activity at all this week....

It is 24 freakin degrees here this morning....BRRRRRR

Hope evreyone has a wonderful day

PB balls - they are the BEST. And hair free. (Ha!)

OK, the BB... I still love mine. Lol. But it IS annoying about the whole 40% off thing. Last week my average calorie intake was 1200, according to my weightloss it was more like 1800! Thats how they figure it, btw, is based on your weightloss and the amount of calories you burn. Its a simple math problem. 3500 calories burned = 1 pound lost. Pisses me off though. It is JUST a computer program, so it can't take into account things like Water balance and menstral cycles.

I think, for me, the BB is an awesome tool cause it has helped me see that even with the lap band I eat alot of bad things.. it keeps me accountable.

hair free balls are the best!!!!! Peanut Butter or otherwise.....

God, I think we are all going through this together. It is the time of year, time changes, weather, holidays, school for some and work for others. It is the reality of life here people and we are going to have to band togther (no pun) and kick this wieghts ass. We know what we want. We know what we need. Shit, if someone could come up with the answer to this, they would be fucking rich.

We need to stick together on here. I wish we all lived in the same area so we could do real time support groups.

We have two months of this insanity people. We CAN get through it with weight lose.

Let's have our own little challenge here on the bicycle thread!! Short goals that we can all accomplish to get our spirits back up and our confidence back up.

We are worth it people. We are LOSERS in a great sense of the word. We are really winners. We have all morphed into someone that is thinner and healthier and I for one feel soooo much better.

J, are you still going to Vegas this winter???

Ok, people....lets do this shit!!! I go to doctor on Monday. I am going to see what my weight is then. I am also PMSing so the weight will be up some....but this is a new day, a new beginning...we all rock!!

Well, I did it. I consumed an entire Taco Bell Naco Grande platter. By.My.Fucking.Self. No, I did not need it. No I did not need it. No I did not need it. Although, before banding I would of consumed mine plus hubbys and then some of DD and then maybe some tacos on top of that....with mexi fries and a huge ass drink. So, I guess I am still up and up from before banding.

One NSV I had the other day at grocery store. I ran into an old friend and haven't seen her in about a year. She says, "looks like you lost some weight".....hell, I was happy that someone noticed.... I could of kissed her...on the mouth....with some tongue....(just kidding, just had to throw that in for you J!!, and the guys)

D, I'm down for some short term goal setting. What do you have in mind?

Yesterday I ate an entire sandwich with deli chicken breast and FF cheese. The quanitiy surprised me. Today I ate a standard, not huge and not small, piece of lasagna. I called for a fill at the end of my lunch and left a message. I can fit too much in.

ZZ, I didn't lose a pound this week, but by my calculations I had a daily 1200 defecit, eating about 1400 caloires daily. By their calculations I ate 2800 calories a day. Bitch ass bastards. I know they triangulate burn, consumed and weight...but I'm PMSing, etc. I'm just down hearted.

BG, I thought you'd enjoy the ball sucking comment. That was just for you. :)

As for the spanking, now that I could be down for, depending on what you're wearing. Oh, wait...you're talking about silly football. yeah Whatev....

For real, my kid's school is deep in buckeye country, lots of alumni and staff in the parents. When I picked her up today, the kids where COVERED in scarlet and grey. Like out of 50 kids 6 didn't have OSU gear on. Mine was one of the 6! Of course that means I need to buy some....she's outgrown most of what she's had. Ugh.

XO, HP. Sorry you're so over worked. You sound like you're in good spirits though.

MMM.... Peanut Butter balls. Even I could suck on some of those :) Just wouldn't respect myself in the morning, though....

J - I didn't see where the BB folks said that the food labels could be off by up to 40% - what I read said that people tend to underestimate their caloric intake, which is why it is important to accurately log consumption. Maybe I missed it, but... It does seem that if you can't count on the nutrition information being somewhat accurate, then there isn't really any point in the BB.

While in theory, 3500 excess calories burned = 1 pound of fat, that only works over the long term - probably 9-12 weeks at a minimum. Some weeks, you may retain more Water (PMS, Na+ intake, carb intake, etc). Some weeks, you may increase muscle mass. Some weeks, it's just fucked up. Also, since we're at a lower weight than we have been in many years, our bodies will fight to hang onto the excess fat (and sometimes water) for as long as is possible. I think the BB provides useful information about calorie burn (I estimated that I was burning far more than I am, but I believe that the burn figures are relatively accurate from the BB).

D - Real bycylers shave their legs - if they're in that neighborhood with a razor, might as well finish the job... Just saying.........

I'm also up for some short-term goals to help get through the season.

My goal, between now and Thanksgiving is to only eat foods for which I can get nutrition information (no grazing at the office) and to keep recorded calorie consumption at 1,300 kCal/day or less. Any takers?

Hope that you all have a good Friday evening!

Hair-free B in Big D....

B

The 40% number came from the online trainer I got with the package. She said weigh a slice of bread and you'll see it weighs more than the nutrition lable says. Like if it says 28 grams it will really weigh more. I buy that to a small extent, perhaps 10% over or under but I find the 40% hard to swallow. And if I were eating Lean Cuisnes where I was consuming the entire package of something I could see the percentage being larger, but for fuck's sake...I already count the freaking Wheat Thins and don't see myself weighing them.

And I'm not giving up on the BB. I feel disheartened is all. And I'll be over that too. I do appreciate what you said about the body clinging on to the pounds at this point. I think there's truth to that.

As for goals, I don't know what I want to do...I'm at about 1400 daily kcals and that's what I need to not eat my pillow in my sleep if I'm at all active...I don't want to give up chocolate or coffee or ketchup....hmmmm I'll see what the others come up with.

XO