Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

hi everyone....

Glad to see that the site is back up...I hate it that it keeps going down...does anyone know what the issue is?

We had a ball game tonight, so we jst got home....I am pooped

I think I am in on the secret santa....

Sorry I am not on as much, but I do check in as often as I can....

JC...glad to hear from you again...sorry about all your troubles..that sucks...

JC my Protein stuff isn't the same. Boo. Sorry.

HP, good to see you here.

Okay, I know I wrote about the "I want my mommy" work out. Well yesterday with the BodyBugg on I did that and my 20 minutes of running/walking + the stairmaster for 10 minutes, my regular cardio. Well regular burns more calories, but the mommy was strength training and calories burn in 30 minutes.

However, I want to burn MORE, MORE, MORE. So mommy, though it's great doesn't meet the objective to burn more so I can eat more. And mommy kills you, so the ability to do more after is hard.

Thanks for reading my ramblings....

Any mountain bikers here?

I used to ride my bicycle along my local trails when I was younger.........a few years ago.....before it was even called mountain biking.....Can anyone recommend a comfortable mtn bike? Preferably full suspension. It may be an ambitious goal for me but I want to be able to ride my old trails, the ones I used to ride in my teen years.

Christine-

I'm not a mountain biker. I think some of the others have done it. I tried but don't like the jarring that happens.

I think it's an AMAZING goal, and not too ambitious. You can do what ever you set your mind to do.

Welcome!

Christine-

I'm not a mountain biker. I think some of the others have done it. I tried but don't like the jarring that happens.

I think it's an AMAZING goal, and not too ambitious. You can do what ever you set your mind to do.

Welcome!

Thanks Juli, I've set my mind to it. I appreciate your support.

JC my Protein stuff isn't the same. Boo. Sorry.

HP, good to see you here.

Okay, I know I wrote about the "I want my mommy" work out. Well yesterday with the BodyBugg on I did that and my 20 minutes of running/walking + the stairmaster for 10 minutes, my regular cardio. Well regular burns more calories, but the mommy was strength training and calories burn in 30 minutes.

However, I want to burn MORE, MORE, MORE. So mommy, though it's great doesn't meet the objective to burn more so I can eat more. And mommy kills you, so the ability to do more after is hard.

Thanks for reading my ramblings....

I burn more calories when I walk/jog for 2 miles than when I'm on the elliptical for a longer amount of time.... Though I feel more 'burn' from the elliptical. Strange. So... even though I LOVE burning calories... I will choose the elliptical this winter cause of the cold (I HATE being cold!) and will resume walking in the Spring - until I get my BIKE! ha!

OK, I'm gonna walk today - supposed to be like 45F outside...

I am going to try to walk today as well, even though it is a freezing 77 degrees out there! BRRRrrrrr!

JfreezingmyassoffC

Hi Christine,

I ride my mountain bike almost every day. I have a diamond back mountain bike with front suspension. I can't ride a stationary bike, but the changing view on my bike makes it easier. It sucks now that it is staying dark so long, and getting dark so early. I usually try to get on my bike by 5:00 AM or when I get home 5:30 or 6:00 PM.

John

JC - 77 degrees? I hate you. lol. j/k. But I'm jealous.

I walked 3.6 miles today... and it was windy and cold. But I survived. Now my legs/hips hurt. I"m gonna take a nap. (After I upload my BB.)

Hi Christine i have purchased a mountain bike Specialized hardrock sport,i am now 334 pounds when i started i was 374 i do on average 10 miles a day and love it.I suffer from severe ostioarthritis so can walk only very short distances but on the bike i have no problems you go girl and enjoy.I am in the UK by the way and it is now dark at around 4pm but i still get out and exercise

Mike

Sirusman,

That's fantastic that you bike that much.

John where are you at that it isn't too cold to ride? Or do you have the appropriate gear? I'm chicken to spend the money on cold weather clothing because of the cost and my ever shrinking body.(darn!) :confused:

Los Angeles, California. Land of the fruits and nuts. It has gotten all the way down to the Mid-50s at night. I hope it doesn't get any colder.

Seriously it is not too bad this time of year, but I've had to go to full fingered bicycle gloves because it is so cold at 4:30-5:00 AM.

John