Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

I totally think you should have bikes on there too!!! That will be kick ass!!!..

Oh and I think you will be loving being back on your bike for the 23 miler. It will feel as good as..............hm......well, as good as licking a pink bike.

me to...whatever you make i will wear....what about dancin bannana's...JOKING!!!!

LOL

There will be no copulating bananas on the shirt. I need to draw the line.

Somewhere I saw someone say teal as the tshirt color, so I was playing with teal print.

I have one with a bike on it...I wish I could share the ideas...

I leave soon for the road trip to TOLEDO. You have no idea how giddy I am.

Hey banded biker babes (and JC, the babe magnet).

Sorry again for being scarce the last week. The weather here in texas has been incredible - mid 80's for the highs (we don't get that here 'til october), so i've been spending the last week before school out walking in the park and enjoying life. And yep, occasionally, hittin' it :).

I have been keeping up on the reading, though. I'm sooo excited for J, HP, BG, and JC to get to ride together, and more than a little bit jealous, too. I think I have the world's most conservative surgeon - still 2 weeks out from being able to get on a real bike. I'm so goddamned bored riding the trainer. I am riding a pretty high intensity, though, so I imagine that I'll be able to ride pretty strong once i get out on the road again.

All this talk about running makes my joints hurt just to think about. Maybe someday, though. Cross-training is great for fitness (and besides, in those times where you have to walk the bike up the hill, it's a little list damaging to the pride if you can run it up the hill) :confused:...

Today is my one-month bandiversary - 24 pounds lost. Not too shabby, even if I do say so myself. Only 2 more days until I can start eating real food. I will be happy to never see another can of Soup as long as i live...

J - Hope you and Allison have a great weekend together. I feel for you and the long interval after next weekend. If ya don't mind, I would like a "banded biker babe" file. I'll wear a shirt in honor of y'all next weekend.

Be careful out there everybody!

B

THERE HE IS!! And just for the record you all, I TOLD YOU HE WAS HITTIN' IT!!! Hittin' is soooooo freakin much better when you are smaller, huh??????? 24 pounds in a month!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

What is the reasoning behind no outdoor activity with the bike? I am not understanding why you can ride in inside but not outside???? Maybe I am dense and the reason is obvious??? I am thinking because of getting in an accident??? I DON'T KNOW!!! TELL ME!!!!

HP, you are awesome. I got your pm. Thank you!!!

Shit I took a nap. Now I feel like a piece of poop.

Nope I totally do no own an Iron. If I did I very well may have chucked it at my sons head earlier. I use that wrinkle releaser stuff and put stuff back in the dryer to dewrinkle.

I am eating some soy crisps and hoummos right now. I don't like hoummos very much but it is going down pretty well.

J I trust you if you want to make the transfers. I can have my mom iron it on for me.

J...totally joking on the dancin banannas...LOL

I hope you have a great weekend.

YES>>>>do you realize..this time next week, we will be shivvering around a campfire...wooohoooooo.

HIGHS tommorow only in the mids 70's..lows in the 40's,

wonderful sleeping weather...

Planning on riding after work sat..working half day, and sunday....

B...SO GLAD YOU HAVE BEEN ENJOYING YOURSELF...AND WOOHOOOOOO ON GTHE 24 LBS...WAY TO GO

When are you able to eat the mushy stuff??? Or have you already?

D...You are welcome...so

Did we deciede on 9est for sat????

ummmmm.I OWN AN IRON....BUT HAVE NEVER EVER USED IT.

IF THE DRYER DONT TAKE THE WRINKLES OUT, THAN TOO BAD...lol

D -

I agree, it's better now that I'm smaller :)...

The reasoning for no real bike riding is that the abdominal muscles are involved in balance and keeping upright - not too big of a problem, but if I fall or something, the abdominal muscles could be herniated in the violent manuever (there's actually a name for the voilent use of abs to prevent a fall - I just can't remember what it is). Also, bike weighs more than 15 pounds - can't lift it onto the car carrier...

I get pissed about it, but it's only a few more weeks - would rather take it easy for a few more weeks than to take a chance on fucking something up & being off-bike for months while I heal.

I'm on mushies, but don't like any of the starches that are available, so I've been mostly eating chopped chicken noodle-type Soups. Had two scrambled eggs tonight. Best damn eggs I've ever had...

My wife owns an Iron, and amazingly, in 4 years of marriage, she hasn't chucked it at me yet!

HP - I would give anything for lows in the 40s. Makes me miss Boston this time of year, we had similar temperatures. I get to spend the next two summers and Spring 2010 there, but I miss it now...

B