Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

way to go guys on your rides. I only got in 17.20 miles today...but watch out tomorrow!!! My shoulder is better today, and I hope it stays that way. If not, I am going to be pissed. Got Dr. appt. changed to Monday if not.

thanks...

Guess where I went today?????To a bike shop....and I test rode a Mens Giant OCR2. It actually was a better ride than the Trek I test rode last week. They are having a sale November 15th...and all the 2007 bikes left in stock will be 20% off, and the new 2007 will be 10%. I can put one in layway now and they will apply the 20% towards in store purchase.

They actually have a OCR1, but It was the wrong frame side, so I didnt test it. it was an extra small....ya...didnt fit me..LOL

They seem a little cheaper than the treks,so now I need to seriously ride the trek I am looking at and see if I like it. If not, I am going back when they get the OCR1 and test it out and get it in layway.

It is defiantly better...LOL.....not sure if I want a womens bike or if I want the mens. They are the same frame...only difference is the handelbars, and?? But...he said he could trade that out for me...so...whatever. The frames on the Giants are the same frame for mens or womens.

anyway.....

Anyone have any ideas on the camping trip? Sure hope it dont rain...

but after viewing all the specs...the Trek pilot 2.1 and the OCr1 are the 2 I would be interested in. I think the components on it are better...now only to test ride one and see which one calls out too me...

JC....you need to be careful!!!!!

Hi HP

I want to take exception to the handle bars being the only difference between the WSD and men's giant bike. The geometery in the frame should be different too. If you take a woman and a man of the same height, the woman will have longer legs and shorter torso. The specs for the different women's bike verses man's bike are here Giant Bicycles | bikes - women - OCR® 1 w and they accomodate for the differences. Mind you it's really slight when you are looking at size "small" bikes...and I didn't ride a man's giant, so I might be talking out of my ass...but I want to defend the WSD bike as different because I bought one! And I love it.

Regardless of my ramblings, I found Giants to be cheaper than Trek too. Also cheaper than Specialized and right on par with Schwinn.

And double regardless, I'm pleased as punch that you are out trying on new bikes. Layaway is a wonderful thing for these kinds of purchases. Rock on Chica.

And I just talked with Alison and we are still on for Ft Wayne. My camping gear situation has improved too. So WOO HOO. If it rains, however I'll be at the hotel and you can join me there.

Well I had a great start and that was about it, I reinjured that darn tender spot on my back. I should have just slowed down enough to put on the jump shoes. I busted my ass yesterday, when one of the rabbits I chase around the track talked me into trying her friggin rollerblades. I knew better because I am a class 3 Klutz.

That's ok because, like my granddaddy used to say "if you're gonna be stupid you're gonna have to be tough, and boy you're as tough as they come!" What a great man!

JC

I can't wait to abuse you.

I know I'll need to line up behind BG. But really..."Rabbits?" "tough and stupid?" .... Me thinks you have a target painted on your back side.

Insert evil laughter here.

juli.

I also got the book for 2008 which gives the basics. I went to that link...lol...I have been there 4 times already tonight...and looked at it.I was told by the bike guy that there was not a difference in the frame...which is what I went on. I rode a small.....but I am 5'8, which according to the charts I should be on a medium.

I like the idea of layway too...so...I think what I am going to do, is find a diffrent trek dealer (which I did towards Indy) and I am going to stop there and see about test riding the pilot 2.1 and seeing how it compares. This paticular bike shop also sells giant and cannondale...so I can put them next to each other for a good idea.

If the prices are the same, I would buy local which would make it the trek....BUT.....I am going to buy the one I like, not the one the bike shop guys tell me I need...Only I know how it feels.

I was suprised about the seat..actually on the short ride didnt KILLL me...LOL

So....glad about the camping...are you still bringing your daughter?

We wont go to a hotel...it would have to be seriously storming for us to do that....

JC...are you going to be up for the 40, or do you want a shorter route?

Has anyone mailed there registrations??? I forgot to do mine today...

:omg:

d

ughhhhh NO! I have never even rode 40....LOL

So this will be my first..but it is all flat...something that we are not accustomed to, since we mainly have rolling hills, and BIGGGGG hills...

I dont think southern Indiana has flats....LOL

I would rider further but I am bringing my daughter and I don't want to be away from her for more time than we are already planning with the 40 mile-er.

Yeah, I'm 5'2'' and the XS was too small and S was just right. One measure you should do is when you are on the seat look down past your handle bars to the axle of the front wheel. The handle bar and the axle should line up if the handle bars are way infront of the axle the bike is too small. If it's way behind you're probably over reaching and it's going to feel awkward...but the bike is too big. The seat can move a bit foward and backward on the post too, so know that can be adjusted....

I'm so stoked for you. And I'm jealous you are tall.

Now JC, if you want to rider further I do think you're on your own. BG's ODB isn't going to do more than that. I don't want to bike for more than 4 hours including travel and break time and HP is just getting to some serious milage.

There is that ride on Sunday BG found....

BTW, you realize you are coming up north just as the leaves are turning. It should be beautiful.

I've never seen the leaves turn thing. We don't really get those kinds of things down here. I can't wait, I was just jerkin HP's chain a little bit that's all.

JC

I think this time next year we should all plan the Ootober Hilly 100.......now that is some serious shit now!!!

J....I was suprised they put me in a small...???

Maybe I will ask to try the medium and all.

Anyway...if I am going to ride tommrow, I better get to bed.....(if it quits raining)

Nite everyone