Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Looks good to me. I would probably need 289 or 304, because 306 looks like a single tree campsite.

I'm not saying we talk too much I just feel sorry for anyone trying to follow who can't get to the site often.

I was looking for the post BG sent about the Diet exercise plan when I realized how far back it was.

I stopped biking because me and my truck went into the shop at the same time (the truck is still there). Then I wounded the car and John's Eagle project kicked in to high gear. There is a one mile spur of the rails to trails two blocks from my office so I just bring my gym bag, change out jog/walk/feed the dog before I leave work.

BTW sleepy time tea is the best invention ever :-) I noticed they have a variety of blends, I am going to try some of the others.

JC

Okay sorry guys!!! My mom is coming tomorrow and I was trying to get the house in order. Ya know....she is one of those super duper clean freaks....and I wanted her to be happy!!! LOL..usually she is cleaning my house when she comes. She likes SUPER extra clean. You could not find one spot of dust or dirt in her house. You also take your shoes off at the door at her house....

ANYWAYS......I got a Trek 1000...its the entry level. It was $679 with 10 % off that. It is sooooo effing awesome...you have to get one!!! I was pulling up hills at 18 or more miles an hour!!!! It was awesome!!! We went out again this morning for a 20 mile ride. DH got shorts yesterday at LBS, but they didnt have any for me, so this morning we went and I was soooooo hurting....we stopped off at this baseball field and I took my undies off!!!! LMAO!!! I couldn't believe I was doing that....but wow....what a difference. On a road bike, no underwear....it rubs you raw in the crease where your leg meets your ass!!!! And the bank I robbed was called student loan. I took a bit more out and got the bike!!! But, I am soooo glad, it is sooooooooo freaking worth it!!!

You guys sound like your camping/riding trip is coming right along!!! I still wish I lived closer to you guys....but wouldn't trade small town Idaho....Okay gotta go again and won't be back til later...gotta continue cleaning...oh my, cleaning is my worst enemy, at least I CAN do it now though.

Oh, and I did order me some bike shorts online with a shirt. I got a 4x in the shirt because I hate clinging shirts. I hate them!!! If it is tight I will NOT wear it. The shorts I got were 2x. According to their chart though I should of ordered a 4 x...hope I didn't make a mistake. Ok kids, talk to you all later....

D - WooHooooo!!! Congratulations on the new bike, it sounds awesome! Way to go on the ride, too! Up hills at 18!! No underwear! Sounds like a helluva morning! Btw - I think your mom must be related to my wife - it's a big thing that I'm wearing shoes in Casa Swain this week - all that walking on a ceramic floor is killing my ankles...

JC - Good to hear the sleepy time is working for you, will be all over that as soon as I'm off the Codeine (and as soon as I can drink 8 ounces in a reasonable time).

BG - Thanks for bring the sleepy time to our attention.

B

Hey all...its that time....4 months post op today. Taking picture tomorrow night with son. I take turns each month with taking pictures with the kids.

congrats on your bike D....i like and am now jealous....I think I am the only one that doesnt have one....BOOOHOOOOOOO

Ok, campers...

We need to think about 365, 363, 361, 347

My reason is

1...Not as congested.....and we have a pop up...

The is sites down there are not shaded and very high traffic(from past ex)

If you want to get the others that is fine.....we will just hang out at yours...

I am going to reserve 365....

I went for my first group ride today and only 4 of us head out. Man, I am really hoping I can knock some more weight off before September. It killed me today....well, didnt really.

I improved on my speed, and we rode at 1pm in the 91 degree heat. I am telling you it was hot. Few hills, which I was glad....I am feeling definatly like I am not as ready for 40 miles as I thought I was. The lady we rode with, rode like a batt out of hell, but than she slowed down for me....

I averaged 12.4.....and rode 12.5 miles. Soooo, yesterday on the hills, I rode over 16 miles, and averaged 10.5.

I felt good, and am glad to of been out there.

You know I was thinking about it today. I have been riding since July 4 week. Starting out on the Schwinn, and 2 weeks later switching to the Trek. I know that the comfort bike got me started in May and June, but this is only 2 months into it, and I feel damn good about it. I started out on the Schwinn at 7.5 miles and hour.

I do think I want a road bike.....and clippless pedals..they look pretty neat

but...may switch tires prior to that...

I really dont have the money yet..which is ok...

Ok...

Rented 365....already paid.......let me know what all we get, and where. You can make your reservation online.

J.....you Did????? Oh My Goodness This Is For Reallllllllll

Ohhhh I Have Got Some Work To Do To Get Ready For The Ride....wooohoooooooooooooooooo

My second ride went about 8 miles got the handl bar and shifting figured out but the saddle seems to be an issue cant get comfortable in it. Dont know how to say this without offending someone but here goes can't figure out how to arrange my gonads one on each side of the seat or what accidently sat on one painfull but cant get comfortable yet. I had plently of wind left but my crouch was hurting. When I start pumping the bike real hard it seems like I am jerking on the bike. I dont think I can stand up and ride it seems a liitle funny. Maybe IT WIIL TAKE SOME GETTING USE TO ITS WAS JUST MY SECOND ATTEMPT. ANY IDEA'S. Maybe a bigger seat. I'LL say one thing these road bikes are fast and coast along ways. I check the tires they have 120 psi in them, the tire says 115 to 125psi. oh well I keep trying.

Slack

Can't help you with your jewels, google that. B or JC can be of help maybe.

If you are jerking as you pedal you need to shift up, so that it is more difficult. If you are going up hill one typically shifts down so you do more revolutions with more ease but you go slower. A measure of biking is cadance, how many revolutions in a minute....the more the better...over 90 is a good goal. It will make you less tired. Again, google that too. I'm no expert, but I have one coaching me on my rides at times.

Standing up will take time, but most folks only do it for a bit, to get away from a dog, to sprint to catch up, to finish a hill.

All I can say about the crotch issue is to get back on your bike sooner rather than later so you build up a tolerance....if by your 4th ride your still feeling tender go to the bike store and look at new seats. Bigger doesn't mean better...just more ass to chafe. But there are options.

HTH

HP- yes, I made the reservations. Yes, this is going to happen. Yes, I need to buy an air mattress!

I'm excited too. I need to register with the bike ride too. BG, you want to give the link again, so I don't have to scroll back? I am lazy.

;)

s.

is your seat up high enough?????

That is cool that you re getting on and riding. what kind did you get again?

My husband needs to look into upgrading his 80's model...LOL

But money is tight, so...???

D...how often do you see your mom? That is cool she is coming to visit...we saw my mom yesterday first time since 5 days after my surgery..pretty cool

ya i need to get our registration forms printed too and get them in.

Are you guys ordering a shirt???

J, I was just looking it up.

BG, I will go ahead and reserve.

How about this weekend here..... Sept 22

September 2007 - bicycleindiana.org

September 22 Saturday NEAT (NorthEast Allen Tour) Fort Wayne, IN, NE IN

$15; $18 late fee after 9/16/07; Registration deadline 9/22/07

20, 40, & 60 miles; 8:30 AM Registration, Ride begins at 9:00 AM EDTPerks: Snacks, SAG service, and buffet lunch.

Enjoy a beautiful fall day as you roll past farms and parks. All routes will include stops at Metea, Payton and Cook's LandingCountyParks. The 40 and 60 mile routes travel through southern DekalbCounty and nearby Amish country. Not many hills, but lots of great scenery. Sponsored by AllenCountyParks & Recreation and Friends of Metea.

Contact: Bob Dispenza, 8401 Union Chapel Road, Fort Wayne, IN46845; 260-449-3777; allencountyparks@yahoo.com; www.allencounty.us

Slack, Check the bike shops there are seats specifically designed to save the nads. Suprisingly they are not always bigger seats. One is actually two seperate small square pads.

All right 361 is reserved.

D, how bout that Brand New Road Bike of yours! We have an old saying around here. "I bet you were grinin like a possum eatin briars" Congrats and way to go on the top speed!!

JC