Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

JC Wow it is a small world. And my proof reading is bad on a full night of sleep.

D I love scrubs. I wear them every day. The most exciting part for me has been changing string colors. At my highest I was in a 3x scrub. Those ones have blue strings to tie the waist. Then down to the green ones (2X), pink (XL) and now I am wearing white strings (L). I managed to get myself into a pair of brown ones (M) but I can't wear that in public for another 30 pounds or so. Awesome job on the hill btw. It feels so good to be able to do those things we couldn't before.

Oh and one of the OR vendors I have not seen in awhile just came in and told me I look amazing and asked about my weight loss. I am not gonna lie it felt really good.

D-

How soon until you are done with school? The scrubs are going to fit you very differently now that your are getting skinny.

JC-

Typos are so allowed. If I fretted about them on here I'd be a mess. don't worry.

B-

Like D said, you get points for jumping in. We've been all over the place with talking about our bands, biking, near death experiences, frustrations, vacations, pets and children. We share the love.

HP-

Girl, you must be working at work. Hello. BTW, glad your DH will be coming on the ride. My GF said she was going to pass unless others brought their SOs. I don't want her to pass...so thank your man for me.

BG-and ya'll, have you tried to talk about our little group with the outside world? I was telling the GF about you all last night and saying, "H.P. and B.G. and I were talking about a mid point"...finally I called you Detroit and Indiana, because I really can't remember your names...Traci and Stacy maybe....and it's all JC's fault. Because of him we've initalized. And JC, do people call you that or do they call you Joe, Jim, James, John, Justin, Josh, Julius? What the hell?

:) Obviously I'm not getting much work done this morning. That will change...must get busy.

I just call you all my biking people. And yes my name is Stacy. You even spelled it right.

I have someone working on my 6 month pictures for me lol. I think I need a powerpoint class and just plain computing common sense.

I though JC stood for Just Crazy.

D, you got that right! I am a secretive ass freak! Big time congrats on the ride last night!

JC

JC

I'm down for all kinds of sharing, but really you can keep the particulars, like what you like to do with asses to your self! LOL. Sicko.

D-

I forgot, YOU ROCK YOU AMAZING HILL CONQUERING DIVA!

BG-

It does feel good to get the praise. I've talked before about how I typically wear a uniform at work. (3X polo) and when I wear my fit me clothes I get all kinds of shout outs. Yesterday I wore my size 22 jeans and a scoop neck Tshirt, it's casual here in the summer, and people were just falling over themselves to say nice things. I even got a "you're georgous!" from an older woman, which made me happy. I try not to get hung up on the "I was cute before, just fat" mentality. People want to be happy for me, so I am happy with them.

Before it's all said and done you'll be wearing size S scrubs!!!

J I dream of yellow strings lol.

My nurse told me I could get down to 140 but it is really hard for me to imagine that. As it is now looking at the clothes I wear before I put them on they look too small to me but they fit.

D - Thank you for the warm welcome as well - I agree that it is hard to step in once a group dynamic has been established, but I love biking and I am (finally) banded, and this is one kick ass group, so I'm happy to be accepted! I live a few miles outside of Dallas, TX. I've lived in Dublin, London, Boston, Los Angeles, and Rochester, MN. Would love to move back to Boston some day - absolutely no desire to live in Rochester or LA again.

And - to bring everybody up to speed on my status regarding topics of the last few days.

My toenails are clear and trimmed, but I'm not a fan of feet, so you won't likely see them in any pictures (other than maybe in profile).

I never wear panties under my bike shorts - the chafing would be horrific and VPL under spandex is a romper-room no-no...

Under normal circumstances, I sleep a little more than JC - 10p to about 1:45a.

J - I agree - eff 'em if they don't like to see me in spandex - it's the appropriate apparel for riding a bike - I learned that lesson the hard way many years ago...

BG - At least us guys get to adjust our bits if they start to hurt during a ride - girlie parts are where they are & not much you can do - though there are saddles with cutouts to keep the pressure off.

Just went out to the garage to give the bike a pat on the handlebars - it misses me, and i miss it - this is going to be a long 6 weeks.

B

:clap2:OMG!!!!! You hottie!!!!! You look soooo damn good girl!!!! I hope I can look that good!!!! You really have a beautiful face!!! You rock, keep it up baby girl.....your awesome!!!:clap2: