Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Um okay so it is bragging time. I know I am only supposed to weigh once a week but since I have to go to the doctors and be weighed today I figured I might as well give myself a heads up so I know what to expect. I lost 7 POUNDS this week!!!!!!!!! Holy fricken crap. I am 14 pounds away from onederland and I don't even know what to think about that. This miserable diet and exercise routine I am on is starting to seem less and less miserable. I was only going to stay on it to get myself below 200 but hell if it is working so well I may not stop.

Oh and my BMI indicates I am just plain obese now, not severely obese. lol

way to go BG!!!!! that is so awesome, and i am very proud of you. you are kickin some bootie!!!!!!

jc....those jumpin shoes look kool...i watched the ad for them.....let me know how you like them

i also was looking on another thread last night about jumpin rope.....has anyone here tried it??? I remember my family doctor telling me to do that along time ago...but i am always afraid of hurting my ankles...(very weak)

BG

Congratulations! I looked at your link to what you are doing and thought maybe...working out twice in one day seems a bit complicated with my school and life schedule...but I can see the benefits!

You are doing so very well!

HP

You know the best exercise for weak ankles? Bicycling! You're going to have to reassess yourself again, because your ankles are probably stronger than you imagine.

As for jumping rope too much of me moves independantly of the rest of me. Like my boobs and belly. I've read about the health benefits but I get too embarasses to do it for any length of time.

Thanks guys. To be honest I am going up north to see some family and one of my cousins who said I took the easy way out by getting surgery. I just want to show her how good the easy way out looks and feels. She is big too (most of my family are) and 8 months pregnant. She is going to have a shit fit when she sees me.

Well J...I can't imagine all the flubber smacking together when I jump would be very pleasant..LOL

Thanks guys. To be honest I am going up north to see some family and one of my cousins who said I took the easy way out by getting surgery. I just want to show her how good the easy way out looks and feels. She is big too (most of my family are) and 8 months pregnant. She is going to have a shit fit when she sees me.

hehehehe

Don't you just love that. Good for you and I'll challenge anyone who calls this easy. It's an "in your face constantly, deal with being fat so you can over come it instead of denial, let me have a second freaking helping" easy. If it were so easy everyone would sign up for it.

Strut you gorgeous freaking nearly 199 pound hot self.

There is not a whole lot I can add that hasn't been said except for one thing and it is HUGE.

When you choose to fight this thing with exercise added in, you can back up the fact that you not only look good but you are getting fit.

I would challenge anyone I know to a bike ride or a foot race if they tried to tell me I took the easy way out. Then after I smoked their ass I would come back and ask them how the EASY way out gave me such a high level of FITNESS!!

Way to go BG!! Congratulations

JC

I think it is just lack of knowledge for those who don't know about Lapbands. Since the band is relatively new when people think of bariatric surgery they think of a bypass. Not to put down people who have bypasses but it is easier for them to lose weight. They can't eat the sugar without becoming violently ill. They do not absorb the calories we do because they have less intestine for their food to go through. People who have bypasses usally lose their weight very, very quickly and the effort they have to put in come 18 months down the road when they begin to be able to strech their pouches and test their dumping. With a band it is a constant battle. The only thing it does is restrict our consumption of solid food. It helps us to stop. But only if we work with it and eat the right foods. People are not educated enough to know that we could eat milkshakes all day and not loose. Or eat chips and crackers and gain. I think too many people put too much confidence in their band doing it all for them and then get pissed when they don't lose.

Okay I don't know why I am ranting now lol but I will step off my soapbox.

I agree with all of you and people dont understand.....BG...YOU STAND PROUD AND DONT LET HER PUT YOU DOWN OR MAKE YOU FEEL BAD. YOU HAVE COME SO FAR AND ARE DOING SO WELL.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!

JC HOW ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU STAYING BUSY AND NOT WEARING YOURSELF OUT? HAVE YOU STILL GOT YOUR FEVER????

J...DID YOU GO BACK TOO WORK TODAY???

WHERE IS D TODAY???

I did go back to work today.

It was nice and I feel very TAN, but everyone was like, "where's your tan?" I guess I need to walk around naked so they can see the lines. HA! That would scare um!

I went for my fill today, but they couldn't hit the port. Holy crap I feel like a colander! They poked me 4 or 5 times! I said when I drink Water I'm going to look like a watering can! Anyway come Friday I get it done under fluro. I'm cool with that.

I miss D too. Hope she's out having fun!

J

that sucks that they couldnt do the fill...but at least it wont be long. did they say why they couldnt get to it???

So, were you happy with your weight loss since you were there last time??

I go back next Thursday and I think I am ready

I don't know if it is just me and I am a weirdo or what, but now that I am starting to have bones again I keep touching them. Like I can't keep my hands off my neck because I am constantly touching my collerbones. Or I have my hands on my hips because I can feel hip bones.