Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

HP, you know what? I think no matter how far we come with exercise, we will always think we need improvement!! I know, that every time I go out, I think, wow, I should be riding 50 miles every night. So, its now just you who thinks that about yourself, and I personnally think that you are doing GREAT!!!

Wouldn't that be fun if we all lived by each other. That would be a kick ass time.

BG, you are the champ!!! WTG for beating your time. THAT is what it is all about right there!!!!

J, I bet you are enjoying some time with your daughter right now. I loved the growing food comment. I think I will use it too!!!

JC, I hope you got some rest and are thinking a little clearer today. I totally agree with BG, you have come so far and have worked so hard, that you can do this. It is what you have done for yourself that is making this work. You do work your ass off, and you will continue too now. You are a great inspiration to us all and we are all here pulling for you. Maybe the doctor is always like that, maybe that is his "bedside" manner. Chin up dude!!!

I definitely think that sometime....maybe next summer we should all try to get together somewhere and have a bike vacation. I can think of an awesome state park in west Michigan with an amazing bike trail....I know it is pretty far from Idaho and Florida but hey a girl can dream.

D if you did 50 miles every night you would become a greater biking god than Lance.

Well you already are greater to me than Lance. Honestly I cannot stand him, never could. DH likes to tease me and call me Lance Junior. That warrants a punch in the rocks.

I don't dislike Lance, but I dont agree with all of his ways. I do think it is great that he beat cancer.

It is about an hour and half before I get to ride...wooohoooooooo. Already got my Water in freezer and cant wait...

HP

Talking about it as room for improvement is such a great way to think about things instead of kicking your own butt. At least that's how I feel. I gained 2 pounds on vacation, which I'm not too worried about considering I could have done far worse but it has me at the same weight I was literally a month ago.

So instead of sobbing into a giant bowl of coffee caramel ice-cream I've made a plan...I have my first fill on Monday but instead of waiting until then to get busy I've determined to eat only 1000 calories today, I called the sitter for a few hours tomorrow so I can get in a 20-25 mile ride and I'm re thinking all my goals and how being successful at this part (the weight loss piece) is related to the other ones...

BG-

I want to piggy back on your words to JC. What she said.

Also, you're a maniac on that bike! You go girl! I know about the camel backs, I'm so close to getting one...

if you're interested, I have more pictures of me and some ramblings on Lap Band Aid It's my blog.

yeah got bike from shop but it 99 degrees to freakin hot to try They showed me a few things about the bike siad go slow until you get the hang of removing your feet from the pedals, and so on theyadjusted the seat for my height and she really was pofessional about all my concerns and dumb questions. but have to go to work tonite so its going to be another day before I try this. she must have been a bike bitch also!! haha

I agree J....I have been kicking my butt all week, and I finally deciede to stop....it is something that I know I wouldnt of cared less about back in Feb or March.....Now, It is important to me to look at it as a daily choice...I have the choice either to not exercise and come up with excuses, or improve each day and make efforts to at least do something.

I need to get dinner on so I can get the ride in...

Did I mention that I accomplished this feat on a fricken mountain bike? If anyone wants to donate to the Stacy needs a road bike fund please feel free.

J I gained two pounds on vacation too. But since Monday when I weighed I am down 5 pounds. I have been following this program. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/you-want-maximum-results-look-here-23291/

It is rough but I am seeing results.

Ok....getting a little later start than I wanted and had 2 13 year old's with us..we got in right at 8.26 miles in 40 min. We went to the Patoka Lake Damm that we go to in the evening's, and there are hills that I normally walk, that my lazy ass rode up!!!! So, I stopped halfway on the hardest ones, got refreshed and took off again...I even got my butt off the saddle for the first time to try going up the hills....and except being worried that someone would see the site, it worked good....

I am in a excellent mood....(thank the lord ) and we are going in the morning before the heat gets here hopefully to get in at least 12-20 miles...depending on how we end up going.

BG...I liked that link to the other thread. I printed it out so I can read it again.

It is hard HP. Super hard. But I figure I just want to get under 200 and then I will take it a bit slower. I am really craving some fish and chips from this amazing place about 30 mintues from my house. I know I should not reward myself with food but I want some so I need to get to 195 before I will eat it.

Hi everyone and thank you for the support. I guess this is a huge TEST for me, I just got all the supplies I need for that big ass bike ride, however my surgery date will conflict.

I am one stuborn, determined and driven person. So I imediatley started planning an Intrastate ride that I could do in the next few weeks. Then yesterday I get a phone call that my Department Head is in the hospital with a very serious condition. I will give you one guess who fills in when he is absent. I wonder why I always have so much vacation time banked up?

So to sum it up I have no restriction, require surgery, personal/business life is seriously limiting my excercise and there is no end in site. I am lucky to have these broad shoulders, I just wish they did not reqiure so much load testing.

JC

JC, you are the man to do it though. Look what you have accomplished already in your life!!! You are being put to the test and you will come out on top!!! Good thoughts are with you!!! I know you must be greatly disappointed but certainly a man who has done what you have done will succeed no more what the cost!!!

Ok, I have vented thrown my little temper tantrum and sat in the corner pouting while sucking my thumb; I'm over it, time to get down to business.

Long insane bike rides are temporarily suspended. Shorter rides 50 miles or less are not, jogging is still on the table and I'm thhinking about raising the bar. We have a giant High school football stadium. I am going to start jogging up and down the steps there on top of my typical routine.

How Bout That?

JC