Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BG, good job on the weights. I really think they are important. Your muscles are what makes you get through the day. I think way too many people concentrate on cardio and forget the strength training!!! WAY TOO GO!!! You are doing so awesome!!! You have a ton of work related stress which I think I would be gaining from, but NO NOT you!! YOu rock girlie!!!

Hey J, can't wait to see some pictures of your vacay!!!

JC, ok, so what time tomorrow can we expect an update from the doctor? I am on pins and needles here waiting!!!! LOL, I sound like such a dork...

HP....where are you?????????????????????????????????????????

D, way to go!!!! Half way there!!!

It will probably be around 9:00 pm eastern time before I can get to a computer to send an update.

Unless they admit me tomorrow for further surgery, I will have my sister smuggle my laptop into the hospital. I will get an internet connection from there if I have to shell out through someones cell phone.

JC

Oh god, JC, if you have to go into surgery PLEASE PLEASE have someone let us know!!! Just know that we are all pulling for you and are hoping for the best for you!!!!! What time are you going in for your appt? You will do fine, just know that we are all here for you, no matter what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will probably be out running your heart out on Saturday morning, trying to make up for the lost days!!!! You are such an inspiration to all of you!!! You really rock!!!

Thanks for all the congrats on the half way mark. That is half way to 170. That is what I told the doctor I wanted to be at, but I have been thinking that I really might want to be 150. I will see when I get to 170. I told my DH that if he thinks that I look good enough at 170 then to tell me to stop and I would. I am seriously doubting whether I will believe him enough to stop, but I am really getting fit, so by then, I might look as good at 170 as I did when I was 150. I was young young when I weighed that last, like after I had my son. I was 17 when I had him, so probably at 18....more than half my life ago. WOW, I can't even believe that I weight 237.5 right now!!!!! The lowest I ever got when I was doing WW in 2002 was 244. It took me 6 months to lose 29 pounds then!!!

Ok, I am rambling on with my thoughts here, so I am going to go to bed. I had a mini bag of popcorn tonight. I sure am getting brave with my food choices. I think I need another fill before school starts and the late nights studying come!!! When school starts I won't be on as much, that will be a bummer, but it takes all I got to pull my 3.9!!! Ok, folks, talk to you tomorrow!!

D I don't even know what I am going to look like when I am 150. If I can even get there. I have been big my whole life. My lowest adult weight was 189 and that was after I lost weight the summer before college. I was 150 in like 7th grade and probably 225 when I graduated high school. I am just nervous and scared that I no matter how much work I do that I will never be smaller. I mean I guess somewhere in me I know I can lose the weight but it is just incredibly hard to believe that it could happen.

JC I will be thinking of you today, I pray everything goes well.

Thanks BG, look at all of you halfway people!!! Way to go!!!

It is 7:00 am I am on my way to Tampa, to get the GOOD News!!!!!

JC

Good Luck JC.....I am hoping for some good news on your end...

We are having car issues, and we are planning to ride this weekend. I need it bad. We are joining a local gym when I get paid next friday, so on days I cant get out, can go there.

it is a family pass too.

This week has not been good. No weight loss, no exercise, bad mood, low money, and kids going back too school...so stress levels are at a ultimate high!

Sorry guys...didnt mean to let you all down....even more myself.....

Kicking myself in the ass and getting moving...Promise!

Congrats D And Bg On Your Halfway Mark....wooohoooooo!!!!

WTG BG!!!!!!!!!!! You are MORE than half way there. Nice weight loss!!!!!

JC, good thoughts and vibes going your way!!

HP, life can be sooo stressful sometimes and those are the times when we need to do for ourselves the most!!! Exercise takes that stress and pushes it out of our pours!!! Maybe you could get some videos to workout to in the home when you have the days you can't ride. At least something to get you moving!!! What about a trainer for your bike? You could hook your bike up to it and workout in your house. That is what I am going to do this winter when I can't ride outside. We get snow here, so no riding for several months. Just a thought! Good job on the gym!! That will be great as you can go as a family and workout together!!! Good luck!

J, hope you made it home safe and sound! Am looking forward to a report of vacation!

I am off to do my strength training, so will be back later.

JC, just wanted to get one more positive thought in for you!!! Good luck, guy!!!

Hi everyone.

I'm home safe and sound now.

I need to run to the grocery to get some growing food in the house and into my body! That's what we call not junk food.

I'll be running from there to get my daughter, who I miss so much!!!!!!!!!

I'll catch up with everyone individually shortly.

D

I am planning on getting an indoor trainer for the house for the winter. Actually that is going to be my christmas present to me!

My 16 year old(almost 17:(_ is wanting to go with me to the gym, so that is why I went for the family membership. I know everyone says to do the exercise even when we are stressed, and I really wanted to, but with the heat as bad as it has been, i am drained at the end of the day. I think my thryoid is acting up or something...I have never been like this in a long time. I had my levels checked about 2 months ago...so i am keeping an eye on my moods and level of exhasution.

It has gotten about time to hit the road tonight, and I cant wait. Already have a new route planned.

Well, JC....I am hoping for a good update.....

J...hope you made it back ok.....

BG...WOHOOOOOO...good job...keep up the good work

Thanks for the inspiration! Lastnight I hopped on my bike and went for about 30 minutes. It wore me out! I like the challenge though and know it will get easier as I keep doing it. The scale even rewarded me this morning after holding out on me for some time!

Good job Ragdoll, that is awesome!!!! The scale moving is such a NICE way to wake up in the morning.

HP, maybe you should go have it checked out again??? I know I had a parathyroidectomy a few years back and it affected how I felt. I was sleeping a good 18 hours out of the day. And I mean SLEEPING!! The parathyroid affects your Calcium levels in your body. They are right by the thyroid but have nothing to do with it. The one they took out of my neck was the size of a walnut. The pathologist said it was the biggest he had ever seen. I am a bitch by nature, so watching my moods is like watching Godzilla turn into Dracula!!