Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BG-

I will hold you to the offer to pay when you win tonight! Maybe you can bike out there. That would be cheaper!

Ha! Biking out there would involve a bike that is not prone to falling apart which would probably cost me more than a plane ticket.

At least I get to pick up my bike today! Yeah!

I am almost halfway to goal. I can't believe it.

Please wish me luck and sanity. I am taking a 4,5,6,and 7 year old to the city pool. One of which being my future step niece who has a personality that completely clashes with my daughters.

I may not make it home alive.

Good luck with that. I picture you having a temper tantrum with your bike and I worry about the little girl. Just kidding....

I hate the personality clashes that can happen with kids. Mine is rough and tumble and the quiet little girls and Zoe don't get along so much. Zoe has such a tender heart...I hate it when the snotty girls are mean to her. Heaven help me when she realizes she's twice as strong and beat the hell out of them...

Oi

I just don't understand why they cant get along. My DD has never had a problem getting along with other girls until this one lol.

Hi guys, thought I would checke in and say hi!!! Have a headache today and tried to sleep it off, but that didn't work. So, now I have just taken the Tylenol. Since being banded, the only meds that I LIKE to take now are my OCD med. and my Vitamin. Before banding I was taking ibuprofen like it was going out of style, for all the aches and pains I had all the time. Now it just feels wrong to take medicine. I feel like I am healthy, and I should not have to put that crap in my body. Weird, I know.

On a side note, my DH is the one who is pumped up now to get road bikes. It is soooo funny. He is a welder and one of the guys at work asked him why he was working on Saturday this week. DH told him because he wanted to get a new bike. The guy says..OHHHHH, A BIKE! WHAT YOU GETTING!! DH says....a bicycle bike!! THe guys eyes popped out of his head......Wtf???????????????????? A BICYCLE????????? I think that is soooooo freakin' funny, he thought DH wanted to get a Harley!!!!!!! The funny thing is, a year ago he did want a Harley, now he loves biking so much he wants to get road bikes. I love it that he loves it so much. Makes it much easier on me on the days when I am having a bad bike day.

Awe, D. You're husband sounds like a fantatic man. I'm sure he is!

Having someone to share the biking with is a real blessing. I'm thrilled my honey is equally in to it.

BTW, the Vegas trip is going to happen MLK weekend and we are going biking on Saturday. I have to rent a bike, so I'll be eating your dust no doubt. You'll be able to bring yours!

Hope you head feels better. I know what you mean about avoiding pills...I do the same.

Okay all, I went 32 miles tonight!! Oh yes, I did! 32 freakin' miles..... I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about that. I had to brag...cuz I know all of you will understand the implications of this!!!! I am sooo happy that I am off my butt and moving around in this world. I have missed out on so much, that I can't get enough!!!

WOW!!!!! Great job D....

We are going to ride some this morning, but take it easy since the ride is Sunday...

I am getting nervous about riding with other people..and being able to keep up.....BUT.....I am ready as well.

So D....what size of a tire did you end up with...I know you said kind, but couldnt find size???

How is your seat treating you???

Well, I think J may be leaving on vacation.....HOPE YOU HAVE A BLAST!!!!!

HP, the size is 26 x 1.25

You are going to do JUST fine!!!! You will be having so much fun!! Is your DH doing it with you???? That would be great if he is!!! I can't wait to hear the report back from you, so GOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDD LUCK!!!!!!!

J, Have a super fantastic time on vacay!!! Take lots of pictures to share with us!!!

Good luck HP. You are going to do great!!!!!

Words cannot describe how fricken good it felt to finally get back out on my bike. It has been a good 10 days since I have had a decent ride.

Deanna...read this!!! You wrote this back at the start of this thread!!! Look how far you have come now!!!!

Yes, DH and DD and I bought new bikes...not the expensive kind just Schwinns from KMart, and we are riding on average 5 miles a night..sometimes more sometimes less. I am so happpy with myself after I am done. There is a hill by my house that I had to walk up when I first started, but now I can bike all the way up it. I love it!!!I almost cried when I did that. Today I rode to video store instead of driving...a 4 mile trip. I love that I can ride to stores and get small things and not waste gas. Deanna