Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

ANYWAY AS I WAS SAYING BEFORE I ACCIDENTLY HIT ENTER..

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE DOCTOR....

DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....................I LOST 13 LBS THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i TOLD HIM HOW MANY MILES I HAVE DONE, AND THEY WERE ALL JUST SO SHOCKED AND PLEASED...

WE TALKED ABOUT BIKING...LOL

I got a fill, didnt think to ask how much he put in, last time we put in 3cc....not sure what he did today, because my mouth was going NON STOP!!!!!

I will try and get a picture of my bike this weekend....planning on being on it allot....I have a ride to get ready for....

D...I hope you have a excellent weekend camping....you will get other exercise in, which will be a nice change of pace for you.

J what are your plans for the weekend???

Welcome all the bandsters who have come on to say hello, we have missed you.

And instead of celebrating with a fried chicken dinner, I came home and ordered a pair of padded bike shorts and a bike shirt for the ride next week......YIPPPYYYYYY

Kinda hard to estimate what size to get, since I have never worn these things...so I got a size bigger in the pants, and size smaller in the shirt....

I am going to look so freakin cool....

JC

OMG, are you okay dude? What did you twist? Tell us more. OUCH. I thought you were on a boat with old buddies?

D-

It's not all or nothing. Today is one day in a lifetime. Go and be with drunk friend who will not notice what you eat. Your man wants to do this and you're his hot wife. Let him show you off and have fun with his old buddies.

HP

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!

New clothing so you will look AWESOME doing that 20 mile ride.

I got my bike back today. I bought some new glvoes which make me happy. My other ones were already getting bunchy...These are FANCY.

Cool enough, while picking up the bike I asked the dude about how to clean the chain...I told him I'd put more than 300 miles on it since I bought it...he was impressed. Or faked it realy well. Anyway, while putting the bike on the car, I noticed the seat had been moved. I walked back in and asked them to move it back. at the same point I said, "I know this bike now...I'm on it so much." And he just beamed at me....

Bike people love bike people.

Hey J, I slipped my band then twisted my stomach. I didn't know it could happen like that but it can actually kill your stomach and actually be fatal.

I'm ok for now but I may have to have surgery to remove or revise the placement of my band.

JC

OH Juli vbmenu_register("postmenu_525931", true);

Registered User Dam OH JULI DO YOU sleep WITH THAT BIKE YOU MUST REALLY KNOW YOUR BIKE WELL TO NOTICE THE SEAT HAD BEEN MOVED. What did he say about the chain clean thing what was his answer. or was u flurting with the dude.

Hey J, I slipped my band then twisted my stomach. I didn't know it could happen like that but it can actually kill your stomach and actually be fatal.

I'm ok for now but I may have to have surgery to remove or revise the placement of my band.

JC

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? WOW HOPE U DONT HAVE TO HAVE SURGEY!

JC

Tell us how that happened? I know it can be something very serious, but never really heard of it.

We have sure missed you this week...

Please rest and take care of yourself.

I think I passed a kidney stone or something any way I got sick and started puking, that caused the slip, next I started wretching which apparentlly twisted my stomach. That caused further puking with bile and old blood coming out which freaked me the hell out. I had a severe burning feelling. By 4 am I knew I was in deep trouble and drove myself 2 hours to St. Petersburg. I was unfilled at my fill center location then transferred to Tampa General.

Kathy G. at the fill center location has a working relationship with the bariatric dept. at Tampa Gen. so she was able to fast track me through the E.R. my sister works there as well which doesn't hurt.

It was pretty dang scary. It is a good thing I did not try to ride this thing out because apparently if the thing twists it can kill the darn stomach by cutting off the blood supply. I was in the beggining stages according to my blood work because my white blood cell count was rising. It is something to be aware of because I have heard of slips but not a twist.

I'm sorry if any of this is incoherent I am still a little fuzzy from the meds.

JC

J

Thanks!!!! I was so hyped after my visit, and it makes every day worth it.

I even splurged and had my stuff sent 2 day air, DONT WANT IT TO BE LATE.

I am glad you got your bike back......that is a long time to be without

Hey, can the bike seats be moved back? Like towards the back farther>

My feet hit my peddles funny...like instead of my toes hitting the front of the peddle, they are hangin over, and my middle of my foot is in the middle...I dont know, it just looks weird.

Do you realize if I loose just 10 lbs in August, that I will be in the low 270"s?????

I have not been there since 1998

D

Hope you had a nice time tonight!!!

Thanks for sharing. Wow. What a scary thing....That is hard to believe that just throwing up can do such harm......

Rest, and rest some more......

I hope you dont have to have surgery....:eek:

I had some luck on my side, when the GI group shoved that camera and all those other tubes down my throat they said nothing looked right, so they shot some air in and it pushed my stomach back through and untwisted it at the same time.

JC

When will you know if you will have to get it removed? Man, I am really sorry JC. You have done so well, and I know this is a set back, but you stay strong, keep your chin up, and know we are all here for you...OK???

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I will know when I go in for a follow up. I am supposed to schedule an appointment which is something I usually handle right away, but I have to admit I put it off today. I am kinda scared of the thought that they may have to remove the band. I paid cash out of pocket last time and don't know when I would be able to afford to do that again.

I am usually a rock solid wide open "Aint Scared" type of person, but I can tell you I am honestly rattled right now.

JC

How the hell does something like this happen ??? 5 pounds from goal! I just don't know...................