Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

BG, I feel like pouting too. I finally took a few vacation days and got called into work today. When I finished up the rain hit no excercise for the Bonehead who answered his cell phone when trying to grab a few days off.

I am going on an adventure with two of my best friends tomorrow. We are taking a boat out on a maiden voyage. It is a funny thing when the three of us get together it's like a Three Stooges Reunion.

Somebody please get a little extra excercise in for me.

JC

JC, didn't anyone ever teach you NOT to answer the phone on a day off???? I will get some exercise in for you, hoping on 20-30 miles tomorrow. The lake was great and def. better than being hot all day.

My Grandad always told me "If you're going to be stupid, you are gonna have to be tough, and boy you're the toughest I've seen!"

I really miss him. LOL

JC

Well guys I am about to pack the car and take off. I will be back either Friday or late next week depending on how long we stay. You all better behave while I am gone, don't do anything I wouldn't do, which of course leaves you about a bajillion things to do!

Hi kids!

The weekend rides are over and are ready........drum roll please..........I rode a total of 80 miles this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill me. My ass is aching!

But I feel good. This is what happens when my GF and I get together. We challenge each other to do more. We went out with the Women on Wheels group this morning. We thought it was going to be 24 miles. It ended up being 33, we detoured to get breakfast! Which was great.

Hope you all are having a fun weekend too.

Hello

I just got back from a long weekend of camping, canoeing, and biking. Got in around 18 miles of riding, and we canoed all day Saturday, and walked allot. So I have jumped past my goal of 100 miles in July!!!!! Yippy!!!!

We had wonderful cool weather, I can't wait till fall......

Glad everyone is doing so well...Good Job J on your accomplishment this week end....way to go...

You all rock!!!!! You all got it going on!!!!!

That is so many miles, J, you are the queen!! And it is good to have someone to challenge us.

HP, 18 miles is great!!! Pretty soon you will be doing 50!!!

J, what is going on with the Vegas plans? Is there any new info?

I rode 23.5 miles this morning....wow...I can't even imagine how your ass feels J, if my feels that way it does now!!

D

23.5 is AMAZING! It's crazy how quickly miles add up!

As for the vegas plan we contacted a travel agent who is banded but she's not been very proactive about supplying us with details. I was telling the other planning people I'll give this TA until the end of the week then I'll find someone else to organize the trip for us.

I bet we'll have a quiet board with BG and JC away from technology the next few days.

You, me, HP and Annie are going to have to keep the conversation flowing!

J

oh I think my mouth is big enough to handle to extra job.

About Vegas, we were just trying to figure out some stuff about it, and I hadn't heard anything for awhile so I thought I would check to see what was up. Sounds good. Thanks for the prompt reply!!

D

I want to see a new picture! I got a few head shots done on Friday for something else...when I get to work tomorrow they should be in my email. I'll post one.

Come on, you've lost over 61 pounds....I'm sure you look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Hello

I just got back from a long weekend of camping, canoeing, and biking. Got in around 18 miles of riding, and we canoed all day Saturday, and walked allot. So I have jumped past my goal of 100 miles in July!!!!! Yippy!!!!

We had wonderful cool weather, I can't wait till fall......

Glad everyone is doing so well...Good Job J on your accomplishment this week end....way to go...

LOOK AT YOU! 12 miles past your target! :whoo:

You're kicking ass and taking names. Good Job!

J

Thanks!!! I know..I was soooo happy when I entered my time in for the weekend. I really wanted more time on the bike, but when we were canoeing all day on saturday, it is hard to make time in the evening. Now I just need to get in 20 at a time...LOL

Didnt know how to count the canoeing, so i didnt add that too my exercise...but dang I was tired. The Water level was pretty low, we walked allot of it, and tipped over too....THAT SHOULD COUNT FOR A FEW MILES.......LOL!!!

Deanna...I like your energy on this board......I look forward to reading all the post you have when I sign in......You are great, and I WANT TO SEE A PICTURE TOO......61 POUNDS....FANTASTIC!!!!!

Okay, I need a little perspective or a kick in the ass. You decide.

I biked like a freak this weekend and I didn't lose a pound. Actually I gained two. WTF?!

I know I eat a whole lot more on the big biker days but I CAN NOT help it! It's like my body says "FEED ME". I know I induldged the 'feed me' monster too much....but damn. You know the math 3500 excess calories equal a pound. I certainly didn't eat that much.

So tell me to chill out that I'll see the loss this week particularly if I keep my calories low the next couple of days...

--Or--

tell me to control the freaking food when I bike, there is no excuse for eating like I'm starving. There's plenty of stored fat for my body to burn...

Don't worry about hurting my feelings.

Thanks,

It is so frustrating isnt it....But everyone keeps telling me that we are building muscle, which weighs more. If you dont eat you will loose your energy too.

Dont get too frustrated....you are doing sooooo good!!!

I am proud of you...

J,

You biked an extreme amount of miles this weekend. You would NOT of been able to do that without fueling your body. Your body is going to burn fat, but you have to have an input of energy too.

My thought is that your muscles are still in recovery mode right now, holding onto Water to repair. A day or two and you will have lost that 2 pounds plus some. Also, what about the other factors? Did you eat something with more sodium than usual, you did say you detoured for lunch, was is restaurant food, which has lots of sodium????? Is it PMS pounds???? I really think that your body holds onto all the water you can drink when you are biking like that. You are sweating sooo much and I think your body doesn't want to let it go, it needs it to repair.

J, you are sooooo awesome and have done sooo damn good. 74 pounds!!!!!!! WHAT? DID I SAY 74 POUNDS??????? That is freakin awesome!!!! How many times have you lost 74 pounds and knew in your heart that it was really the LAST time you would ever see those 74 pounds?????? You rock sistah!!!!

About the pictures, I tried to post some pictures and it said they were too big. Maybe I will try to paste some, but I wish I knew how people were putting up their before and afters with no problems. Maybe I will do a search on that.....

HP, thank you for the compliment. Also, I would think that canoeing would be an extreme amount of calories burned!!!!! Google calories burned by canoeing and see what you come up with. I bet it is A LOT!!!!

We went to the lake both Sat and Sun and I really really really wanted to get into the water from the boat but, once again the fat fear monster wouldn't let me. We don't have a ladder or platform on the back of the boat, so you have to get helped in. I was scared if I jumped off, my poor DH who weighs in at 169...the jerk....would NOT be able to help me get back in the boat. So, once again, I did not get to have as much fun as if I was thin and boating. I keep saying next year, next year. But, you know what??? I am TIRED of thinking next year. I want to live my life now!!!!! I am sooooooo tired of waiting....shit, I feel better now...thanks all for listening...

Oh, BTW, I go to the fill appt. today. I will ask the EP what he thinks about the weight gain after biking so much this weekend. Maybe he can give some insight to it.