Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Now on to the bad news. I think I pulled something in my shoulder this morning while riding. It is hurts sooooo bad and then down into my side like around my ribs. God, I guess I have felt like I was invinsible since I was weight training and biking so I thought I could not get hurt, so this shows me that I can and probably WILL get hurt still at times. Now, I am just up and putting heating pad on it in the middle of the night trying to get some relief. It hurts really bad to lay on my back!!! Okay biker buddies, I am going to try to get some rest, I don't think I can handle NOT riding tomorrow, but I guess we will see if the pain is gone. This must be how you felt Juli!!!!!

Deanna, it sounds to me like you have a rib dislocated. I had one way up high dislocated, and it sounds just like the pain you're describing. I'd go see a chiropractor asap!

JC, what is the theory behing just the chondriton....my DH takes the same as you for his knees, I wonder if we should just switch to the chondriton.

Ok all, I woke and and feel better. It is definitely not a dislocated rib!!! Thanks though for the advice. It is muscle related...and it is better....ok it still hurts a bit, but nothing like last night. I am trying to decide on whether to baby it all day or go for a ride....THIS is a hard decision!!!!

God I wish I would of got a road bike....I want one soooooo bad now.......

I am still in amazement over the fifty miles from JC....that is soooo freakin awesome...

OKay I am totally in for the ride on Sept 30. Is anyone else for sure registering?

Deanna if it still hurts alittle bit you should let it rest for a day. Go walking instead. I know it sucks but you definitly don't want to hurt yourself and be out even longer!

BG

We going to register this weekend. I just realized that's a weekend where I can work overtime though. That's a tough call. Money in my pocket or a great weekend riding and enjoying life.

Money is tight...

I'll let you know for sure soon though.

J

I WANNA GO DAMNIT:mad::):mad::rolleyes::mad:;):mad::):mad::mad::violin::violin::violin::violin::censored::censored::censored:

DOES ANYONE FEEL FOR ME?????? LOL....

I feel for ya!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are better tonight

Got my new Trek bike tonight, and it kicked my butt at only 5.5 miles......wow

Defiantly need a gel seat....this one is a killer on my big booty

LOL...so is the Trek a hybrid too? Congrats on the new bike!!!!! I just LOVE looking at new bikes....it that the one that you got on EBay???

No, I bought the bike a t a local bike shop.....Yes, it is a hybrid....I am not ready for a road bike yet. The seat was a killer. Defiantly am changing the seat out and going to a gell seat...LOL MY BUTT IS STILL NEEDING SUPPORT!!!!

Oh well...

What is really odd, is all the exercise I am doing, and I am not loosing a pound? it is really starting to irrate me allot. Been the same since last week...ugh!!!!!!

I can tell I am ready for the 2 fill. Eating way to much still. But...I go the 26th, so we will see.

Hoosier

Exercising and not losing is so FRUSTRATING. It will come off soon. Like Plop, little balls of fat will be falling off you.

I think when we begin to exercise our bodies hold on to fluid...but then all of a sudden BAM it lets it go.

As for a bigger seat or a gel seat I did that too when I first got on a bike a few years ago. I think it does make a different. For the road bike I got a new gellier seat with a cut out in the middle for the girl parts. It's weird but feels better than the seat that came with the bike.

Ohhhhhh, and I did do my twenty miles last night on my own. I'm feeling back to normal. (I did strength training during my lunch hour too. JC, you're the surpreme nut, but I'm trying to be like you!) I'll be going out with the group tonight for something like 23-26 not sure. Saturday the GF is going to be here and we are shooting for 40! :)

Love yous guys.

Deanna, I have been told conflicting info from the med professionals about glucosamine only vs glucosamine/chondroitin combos. I will research further, until then I am sticking with the combo.

Hey Guys, I would like to go on that sept ride. I can't seem to get the pdf to load for the info. Kinda embarrassing considering the field of work I am in.

Juli, I am definately a "NUT" however, I sense you are not far behind!!

I knocked out a 2.5 mile jog and cooled down with an addtional 2 mile walk and a flat out run for your life 1/2 mile sprint when the lightning started firing off overhead!! I will get to 3 miles of continuous jogging one day, I am less optimistic about how soon becuase that last 1/2 mile feels like a killer.

JC

Dudes,

JC and BG if you are really doing that ride I might just have to too. I'm really on the fence about making money or riding.

What a problem to have. I would have never thought it possible before...