Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

JC, thanks for the giggle, I needed that!

Other than riding later in the evening (I'm at work by 7am so mornings are pretty much out!) and staying well hydrated, any other tips from those of you in warmer climates? ;)

Sorry about that last post I could not help myself.

OK How to improve physical endurance with minimum pain and maximum rapid recovery. This may or may not work for you, this is what has worked for me.

Each morning:

20 oz bottled Water

1 Dual Isolate whey Protein Shake

1 Multivitamin

1 Glutamine AKG 1000m mg

1 Triflex chewable glucosamine chondroitin combo (from GNC)

1 bowl weight control oatmeal

Lunch:

20 oz bottled water

1 Dual Isolate Whey Protein shake

1 Cliff Bar or Granola Bar or Trail mix

1 Glutamine AKG 1000mg

Sometimes a fruit and yogurt parfait from McDonalds or a lowfat Yogurt

After work:

20 oz bottled water

walk 2 to 4 miles jog 2 miles

20 oz bottled water

1 teaspoon liquid designer Glutamine

Go to the Gym and lift weights every other day

Protein shake 1/2 hour after last workout.

At night:

20 oz bottled water

sugar free Jello

If I notice any soreness or cramping I will drink 6 to 8 oz Pickle Juice or however much it takes to make the cramping go away.

I buy the Protein Powder and glutamine from a local powerlifter who has his own supplement brand. These are high quality rapid and easily digested products. He also has a very pure form of complex carbohydrate that you add to the Protein Shakes and some fat burner stuff too. www.gearmannutrition.com

We have a lot in common with powerlifters so these products are actually in line with our needs. Energy Recovery Joint Health. If you check him out and decide to order find a way to mention lapband to him, I have been trying to convince him that he could start a line for us, but I think he needs to see some demand.

In my opinion he could come up with a Pre mixed Protein/Carbo Combo that would be perfect for the newly banded and post fill liquid days. This stuff mixes easy goes down smooth and digest quick! Also that dang double chocolate flavored Protein keeps me sweet tooth fairly quiet.

JC

You are asking the wrong person about the heat. I am a true down to earth by God Florida Cracker. I may wear a button down shirt with a tie every day but This little fact should tell the whole story.

I am almost 41 years old and I never lived in an air conditioned house until last year. I guess I am getting soft in my old age! lol

I can hear the compressor running outside right now at 7:00 pm and it is killing me.

JC

There are some sassy asses on this board. From Deanna giving me a hard time to JC's burning down the house...

As for the heat it is better to ride in the early evening, there is less wind too. Just get a flashing light for your back end...you can wear it on your shorts or clip it to your bike. You never know when you might get too far from home and need to ride in the dusk of the evening.

I'm a size 24 right now and they are getting a bit loose. I wear 2X shorts. I think these are them Performance Women’s Elite Short @ Performance Bicycle

I just wear a t-shirt on top, I want to buy a jersey or two, but don't want to spend money on them just yet.

JC-I think it's cool you are encouraging you buddy to develop a line for banded folks, but many docs are VERY anti drinking Protein. I know mine is. And I love a good Protein Drink.

Okay, is anyone available to baby sit on Saturday morning? My regular girl can't so I might not be able to ride. ;) Looks like I'm going to call the Ex MIL to see if she is free. My family lives too far away.

ARGH!

There are some sassy asses on this board. From Deanna giving me a hard time to JC's burning down the house...

As for the heat it is better to ride in the early evening, there is less wind too. Just get a flashing light for your back end...you can wear it on your shorts or clip it to your bike. You never know when you might get too far from home and need to ride in the dusk of the evening.

I'm a size 24 right now and they are getting a bit loose. I wear 2X shorts. I think these are them Performance Women’s Elite Short @ Performance Bicycle

I just wear a t-shirt on top, I want to buy a jersey or two, but don't want to spend money on them just yet.

JC-I think it's cool you are encouraging you buddy to develop a line for banded folks, but many docs are VERY anti drinking Protein. I know mine is. And I love a good protein drink.

Okay, is anyone available to baby sit on Saturday morning? My regular girl can't so I might not be able to ride. ;) Looks like I'm going to call the Ex MIL to see if she is free. My family lives too far away.

ARGH!

Okay I'm quoting myself! That's a first.

I wanted to clarify about my size...those are 24 twill shorts/jean etc. and I'm not a bubble butt. Poor me. But if you're around that size 2x will fit..they are snug and there is NO mystery but I don't care. The squishy butt thing is fantastic!

I joke that when I lose all this weight not only will I have plastic surgery to remove the pannis, and lift the boobs, I'm also going to get ass implants! I joke but I just might........

Juli you can have some of my ass. I could probably balance a tray on mine. I better take out an insurance policy on it like JLo.

I did not do any riding today. Today was a rest day for me. My rump is very sore and needed it. I had a decent day at work. Something pretty cool happened but you are gonna have to PM me if you want to know it since I am not sure who may be reading this. It is just funny how things work out sometimes. As for crotchface I wrote a long statement as to what she said and did for my boss to take to HR with her. I don't know if it will help but at least it is documented. I took DD and DS to see Harry Potter. Don't waste your money folks. The only thing it had in common with the book was the characters. The movies just progressively keep getting worse. Eating wasn't too bad today though I did have popcorn and got a mint polar swirl from A&W. Those things are amazing. But hey Aunt Flo is here so it's okay.

BG

If they could do an ass transplant I'd sign up in a minute!

Good to know there was a positive outcome at work...or at least not a sucky day.

Now it looks like my big ride for tomorrow might be impacted too. Even if I can't go with the group I can hit the trail near my house. I just wanted to get out with people...Herumph.

Juli, drop your daughter off on your way out, my daughter would love to watch her!!!! She loves little ones...

JC....I loved the "how to make it not so hot outside" story....LOVED it!!!

BG....I will pm....

Juli, WHAT??? smart asses???? why no, but I do have a flashing ass now!!!! Is that the same thing????

I think I have melting Ass disease! Checkout ticker update! I am diggin that couch 2 5k program.

Anbody got a light? Match? Nevermind it's early I'll chug it cold. :-)

JC

JC

You're on fire! hahaha....but your loss is fantastic!

Deanna

Thanks for the offer of your duaghter the 1000 miles between us however would make it a bit rough for a quick drop off.

I had a rough night with my DD. She caught some bug and spent midnight to 4 am throwing up.....we're home today...poor baby, I know. And she's not feeling great either.

Ohhhh...sorry about DD...that is the worst thing....not a dang think you can do for them but love em....I know the 1000 miles would be good for you though. Just think, by the time you got here, you would be at goal weight...LOL.....Maybe I should come see you, then I could get to goal weight!!!!! Maybe we could just start picking up lap banders along the way and make it the biggest lap band cycle fest ever!!!! I got ten miles in this morning....looking for another ten this evening......

JC.....is the above post your daily diet? And by diet, I mean what you eat and drink for a day..... and maybe we could start calling you the Incredible Shrinking Ass......whatcha think????

Oh and I saw a recumbent bike up close last night....pretty cool....does is feel like you are going to tip over????

Juli - sorry to hear DD isn't well! Hope she feels better soon!

Deanna - 1000 miles on a bike? Are you crazy woman? :):)

Anyhow, it's cooler here today (I think high 80's) but I've got an appointment with my personal trainer, not sure if I'll get on the bike or not since I'll get home pretty late. I'm hoping to hit it hard tomorrow after work before I head out of town for the weekend... I'm going to try for 20-ish miles... my butt's recovered from the 27 last Sunday but my legs are still complaining (STILL!) about the hike I did last Saturday.

Since the hike did make me so sore (it's totally, completely a "good sore", mind you) I'm trying to decide what to do Sunday late afternoon when I get back into town - another hike, or a bike ride? Decisions decisions...