Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

Deanna of course you can come! We are leaving on the 22nd. It seriously cannot come quickly enough. I cannot stand one more minute of the

C U Next TuesdayS that I work with. One woman in particular is making me miserable. I feel like I am in a hostile environment. Who am I kidding? I am in one. I dread going to work every single day. My boss is great and I love my job but this woman is a miserable excuse for a human being. I requested today that I get my shift switched. I loathe working afternoons but just being away from this lady would be worth it. Eventually she is going to shoot herself in the foot but I just cannot deal with it anymore. I can't wait for that to happen. I am having freaking anxiety attacks just worrying about what my day is going to be like. I am a tough girl but the constant bitching and blatant rudeness and shit talking 5 feet away from me has got to stop. I know talking to my boss is just going to make it worse. Crotchface (that's my name for miserable lady) is going to get written up and I know it is just going to make things worse. She needs to be fired and be gone. She has turned everyone against me. I come to work and do a good job and really "get" what I am doing. The other women (there are 7 of us) in my department just don't get it. It is not my fault I was born with common sense and a decent brain. It is also not my fault that I have only been there a little over a year and I can run circles around all of them. I don't gloat, I don't throw things in their faces. I try to help and if I say anything about a problem they are having to try and help solve it they accuse me of trying to act like their boss. I have gotten to the point where I don't even voice my opinion anymore because I don't want to deal with the backlash. These are 50 year old women I am dealing with, but they act like they are in junior high. I should not be having damn panic attacks because I have to go to work. I am just thinking about work and I want to throw up. I have never been treated this way and I don't know how to handle it. I need a friggin cigarette and i don't smoke anymore. At least I am too sick to my stomach to eat. I have been thinking about it but I just want to puke. The last thing I ate was a Protein Shake at like 3:30. If that is actually considered eating. The last solid food I had was at noon.

Well, I sent in the registration for my bike ride on August 5. WOW.

I hope I am not making a huge mistake...guess I am going to have to get a helmet.....it all must match..LOL

I have a question as well about bike shorts....where can I get some that are for my size? I am still in 24-26.......and I dont want to look AWFUL....

WELL, i AM OFF FOR MY RIDE...

BG!!!! What???? I am coming over that and kickin' some serious ass!!!! I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THAT!!!! They think they know it all and think that no one can tell them a different way to do it!!! Freakin morons!! You don't need this stress right now, and come to think of it, you said you were having a hard time right now with losing, and I betcha that is EXACTLY what is causing it...the stress from work!!!! Working with women SUCKS big time!!! I have done it several times and would much rather work with men. I am glad you are getting away then, you need a stress free environment to enjoy yourself for awhile. Do the women at work know about your band???

Hoosier....WTG!!!! I am soooooo proud of you!!! That is soooooooo dang awesome!!!! They don't have things like that around here, but I keep looking. I mean, they DO, but most of them are in the mountains, and I can't do a lot of mountains...can do HILLS, but not our mountains. If you have been in the Rockies, you know what I mean....

I am really gonna have to come up with some long term goals here....

I need something to work for...I need a competition to do...is the Relay For Life count???? I am going to go walk in that with MIL who has had breast cancer three times!!!!! In five years!!! It keeps coming back. I don't think they will let you ride though....gonna have to walk...

You know what BG....you kinda look like Trisha Yearwood in your avatar...are you really Trisha???? Well, I guess if you were you wouldn't be working at a hospital huh?? LOL...ok..ladies....talk at ya laterz...

BG

What a mess to deal with. I'm in school for business management and it's a perfect case study of how not to work effectively. Bitch ass bitches. So are you going to look for a new position? Will the shift move get you far enough away from them?

Hoosier

You're going to rock that bike!!!! Awesome.

Deanna-

Google bicycle tours and your state. They will tell if it's flat or hilly if the offer 20, 30, 50, 100 mile rides. It's worth a shot. You never know what's out there unless you look. Regardless goal setting is a good idea.

JC

Dude, where are you?

Well, I dont know if the bike ride is the best way to go, but you know what...I am doing it anyway.....I can always get off and rest and start again....I have all day...

Isnt it just amazing just how many pages we have accumalated on this thread???

WOW.

Have a good evening everyone

:clap2:

Hoosier, no sweat. If you have all day, don't worry about it then. Rest when you need to and go when you can. I bet you will surprise yourself at how good you do. I did 10 miles this morning and 11 miles tonight with DH. I takes me about 1 hour to do 10 miles...so it is definitely not going to take you all day. You rock!!!! About the bike shorts....I looked at some online and they are not too expensive. Around $30.00 for the cheapest. I went to bike store today and the biggest size they had was XL...wow, who the hell are those gonna fit....NOT ME!!!! The problem I have with ordering some online is I don't want them to be way too small, and I don't know how they fit bike shorts. But, you can also google bile shorts and come up with several choices. I did that.

Thanks Juli, I will. I picked up a Utah cycling newspaper today and it has several rides in it. I am not is Utah though, so I will be googling this, if I can ever get off LBT...

BG!!!!! Where are you tonight???? Are you crying in DH arms???? I hope you are riding your heart out and having a great time!!!

Oh, just so you all know...I have a flashing ass now too!!!!! I love it...and it makes a HUGE difference....people are moving way over now instead of trying to drive right next to me....now I just need to get a headlight....

JC....WHERE ARE YOU?????? Maybe he is on a long long long long ride, coming to see us all. Its a ride across America for JC.....yoooooooo hhooooooooo.....

SHOUT OUT TO JC!!!!!! COME BACK!!!!

BG was having herself a nice long nap lol. I went to bed pretty early. Blah 4:30am is too early to leave for work. I am feeling a bit better now. I had a long talk with DH last night and he said that there is no reason I should let this bitch drive me off my shift. Then she is going to get what she wants. I am going to grit my teeth and bear it. Eventually something better is going to come up in my field (I have a BA in behavioral science) and I will be able to get the hell out of there. Ideally I want to work at the teen health center as a drug counselor. There was a position last October available but I had not been in the system 6 months so I was unable to transfer. So I will just have to wait it out. Luckily I do have some great friends that work in other departments so I will just have to lean on them a little bit more. And my Mom who unfortunately is a lot of the reason these ladies dislike me. Before our department was created she was their boss. And she is the one who got me hired. They think that the reason I get everything is because of her. Not true. She may have gotten me hired but I have done all the work to get where I am. I work my ass off. But you know what I can't let this bother me. I cannot be having panic attacks and ruining my home life over work. I will drop it at the door when I leave there today. I will come home, take DD for a bike ride, go see Harry Potter and take DD to ballet. Today will be a good day and I am not letting anyone ruin it!

Hey everyone, I will give you a more detailed update this evening.

I completed the project I have been working on yesterday! The big guy, not my supervisor or manager but the top dog told me 100% is the goal, and 99% is complete and utter failure, no pressure right! Well, my over the top lock and load A$$ pulled it off 100%. What a DAY!

Now to the important stuff, I am up to 2 miles jogging. 2 freakin miles! It has been 21 or 22 years since I have been able to do this! Check out the diet ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post pics of Withlacoochee ride and Venice Shark tooth adventure tonight.

Thanks everyone it feels good to be missed!

JC

BG!!!! Way to go...what a good attitude!!!! You are right though, that is exactly what they want you to do, is leave!!! Way to sock it to them, stay and make THEM miserable!!!! You are gonna be great!!! Just remember the leave it at the door!!!!

JC....oh goodie, your back!!!! I am glad you got your project done, disappointed your not riding across America!!!!! OMG...only 10 more pounds to goal??????????????????????????????????????/ You freakin rock!!!!!!! I bet you are so damn proud and rightly so!!!!!!! You are doing so good!! Two miles???? God, you are my hero!!!!! 125 lbs lost in 10 months....biking 50 miles, running two miles.......what more could you ask for?????? You are the man!!!!!

Juli,

Just because you are super speedy quick on your bike and you can ride 3 gazillion miles in a day....doesn't mean you can just ditto what I say....:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh: J/K....anyways...BG....how is your day going? Are you riding away your frustrations and did you leave your madness at the door?????? Let us know....

Juli, ya know I love ya!!!!

How do you guys tolerate riding in the heat? It's supposed to be upper 90's here in Seattle for the next few days, 98 is the forecast today, (which is absolutely MELTING for us) and I'm thinking of just hitting the air-conditioned gym...

Annie....there you are..I was wondering where you went....I don't know I just do it. It is so damn hot sometimes, but I try to go in the morning and/or at night after 8. I don't know of any other tricks, except be like Juli, and go up big hills, and then reaaaaalllllllllly fast down the other side...that would cool you off a bit!!!! I think you really have to be careful with the heat and keep hydrated!!!!!!!!! Make sure you are not riding in the heat of the day....I don't know what else. Someone else will chime in with some really good advice too!!!!!

Sounds like all of you are kicking it ....or should I say pedalling it? Sorry about the crosscountry letdown however I do have more than 200 hours of vacation time banked up, probably closer to 300. HMMMM!

The best way I know of to tolerate the heat especially down here in the Florida Humidity ladden stuff is to:

1. Turn heater on in house run it to about 110 should'nt take long

2. Get a gallon bottle of Tequilla

3. Light it on fire

4. Chug-a-lug

5. Crawl/Swim outside

It will feel nice and cool outside if not who cares you probably won't remember anyway! LOL

JC

JC Your BACK!!!!

LOL

Love your answer!!!