Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which one is right?

Hello everyone I go in for surgery this month and I heard your hair may fall out so I was wondering What's the best Vitamin to take please help thanks in advance

@@Marie8777

The thinning/losing of hair can be attributed to a couple of different things, if it happens to you at all. Human hair "lives" on a roughly 3 month cycle. The hair you were just popping out at the time of surgery will tend to fall out anyway at about your 3 month post-surgery mark. What adds to normal Hair loss this is...because of the massive changes your diet goes through with bypass surgery, your body will go into "Shock" mode and try to preserve any and all Protein for muscle mass & organ function- not for things like pretty skin, lovely nails and full, lush hair. This is one of the reasons surgeons stress to be sure you eat Protein first and get your full recommended grams. Every. Single. Day. If you give your body the protein it needs, you'll not only be helping to preserve muscle mass, but you may also limit/reduce the amount of "shock" you put your body through and therefore potentially lessen the additional hair loss. With that being said, there's a compound available at places like GNC called Biotin. It's created specifically to promote healthy skin, hair and nails. But remember... nothing is guaranteed. You could take Biotin, get all your protein, and still experience hair loss, or not take it and be perfectly fine. No two people are the same.

You also have to pay attention if you have hypothyroid. I dropped 40lbs in my first 5 weeks. My hair started falling out very dramatically. I went in to have all my levels checked to see if it was Iron, Protein or my thyroid. It turned out that everything was normal with the exception of my thyroid. I had lost weight so quickly and was now taking too much replacement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches