Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went to see my surgon yesterday and he wouldnt do my fill as i was still sore(4weeks post) so its being re-booked, thing is im feeling like i could eat what i was before surgery i feel so hungery any advise? I dont want to ruin it im down 20lbs and am so happy but i can feel myself sliping back to my old ways already help!!

Welcome to bandster hell! :)

MOST...but not all, of us have been through it. I felt those exact same feelings over 5 years ago myself. But in reality, its just a very short time in the rest of your life.

It's not uncommon at all to hear of people GAINING weight during this phase. You've probably been on mostly/all liquids for a few weeks and now you may start introducing solids back into your life.

Don't worry about "ruining" this. Just do the best you can portion wise, eat only the TYPES of food on your surgeon's plan and allow yourself time to heal fully.

Once your surgeon decides to start adjusting your band, then you'll feel what IT can do. And it may take several adjustments to get you to that "green zone" you'll hear some many describe.

Hang tough....it gets MUCH better! :)

Edited by catfish87

I have read on others that this is the worst part, hopefully i dont gain! So true what you said though it is a small amount of time will just have to be strict with myself & think of what i should be doing instead of what i want to do, liquid stage was fine now im on soilds and have realised i can eat i think my brain is going over time and looking for anything to scoff finger crossed this time passes fast lol ☺

I had my first fill 4 weeks after surgery...4cc's...after which I started to gain weight.....

I was embarrassed to go for my second fill knowing I would be weighed....fortunately my Dr. laughed at me...told me weight watchers was down the hall if I'm going to have that diet mentality....

All in all it took a few fills, and much frustration and adjusting on my part before anything really started to fall into place.

I would say a good 6 months...but even then there is much to learn if I wanted to live with the band...I'm still learning things here and there.....

It is, IMO, the most frustrating part of this life with the lap band....we have surgery and expect things to happen...but they don't...that is not the way it works. People brag about the weight they lost pre and post op...Who Wouldn't? It's not the real thing..not yet.

I read posts here everyday from people talking about how much they lost, going into stalls, hitting plateaus...all these things and then see they have only had surgery 30-60-90 days ago....

We're talking the rest of our lives here....the first few months to a year is only a drop in the bucket....

I always fear when people get frustrated, start calling themselves failures, the band does not work, etc etc....

They expect too much too soon...instantly...then want to quit when they don't get instant results....

There are many people here who come with complaints, frustrations their not loosing...can the two groups be the same?

You can't expect a newborn baby to run marathons when they're still learning how to walk....!!!!

All I can say is this thing does work...if you let it!

I think most of the problems I read here, frustrations, etc, is because WE get into the way, and resist change....

Also be mindful when reading responses, posts, what type of WLS people have had...the band works differently and the experiences are not the same.

That can add to frustration also.

I had my first fill today. I was 3 wks post op on Thursday of last week so now about 3.5 wks. The fill went with no problems. Put in 2 cc. Late this evening I developed an itchy, raised rash over most of my stomach. I haven't changed detergent/soap or tried any new food. Could this be related somehow to my fill? I took benadryl and put hydrocortisone cream on and the itchiness is better but the rash is still there. It isn't any worse and only on my belly. I plan to call doctor in the morning. Any thoughts?