Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Horrible- PLEASE READ

GM-I'm not feeling too good its feels like my food is stuck in my chest. I didn't get any sleep last night and I didn't eat anything that was not liquidy other then some egg drop Soup with the little chips that goes in it but I let them dissolve in the soup. What can I take?

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. Unfortunately this might have to run its course, I am not sure there is anything you can take to make it pass. I would go back to liquids today to try to flush your system. If it does not pass by the end of the day, I would give your doctors office a call.

Honestly I have had eggs do this to me before.

It will pass. I assume by chips you mean the fried won ton strips. Likely they were too heavy for your sleeve to handle. You could try an ant-acid like chewable tums and walking around. I had this happen once. It was uncomfortable to even try and sip warm Water. I took 2 tums & my omeprazole and then walked around for a bit. I had eaten some macadamia nuts. I wondered if the fat content was too high for my sleeve to handle.

It only happened that one time so I'm not really sure what was the cause. It was really uncomfortable and I was afraid to lie down and go to sleep until it resolved. Needless to say that was a long night.

Unfortunately that can happen with different types of food, or if you eat too fast or not chew enough. I have had the sensation of something stuck last over a day before.

I still get it occasionally at 7 months out meat is usually the culprit.

I find sipping a hot tea helps move the offending food out and gets it unstuck.

Thanks everybody for your input. I feel a lil better now.

This has happened to me in the past a bit. The best thing to do is to get the food back up. I am no way condoning throwing up, but the food is stuck in the stoma area and has yet to make it to your small stomach. It is a terrible feeling. I've tried to walk it and it didn't help. Small, slow bites is definitely the way to go. I would also watch eating anything tortilla for a while. I tried a tortilla shell ( very small) and the first bite got stuck and didn't agree with me. They are definitely a food that went on the avoid list.

Best of luck!

I have found that rubbing down just under my breast bone really helps. Also Tamg26k is right if you get it back up you will feel so much better.