Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gained a pound and a half:(((

Hi all!! I had my surgery in August and consider myself a slow loser. I have lost 46 pounds since surgery...66 pounds since preop and 86 since I started this journey in April. I got on the scale this am and tears welled in my eyes!! I was up almost 2 pounds! I have not once swayed...avoid sugar all together... Eat fairly Low carb...no bread, Pasta or rice. I am scared!! Why am I gaining? Is it normal for your body to do this?? I do know I gave been lax in the exercise department:(. Perhaps that is what?? Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!!

Mari

I say don't sweat it.... easier said than done, I know. Could be more sodium popped in somewhere and your body is retaining. Excess fluids. Depending on your age... your "friend" is on her way. Ignore it if you can for a few days and see what happens. Check yourself again next week. :)

This may be TMI :P but when was the last time you pooped? I don't go but every 3 to 4 days and tend to increase in weight a little until I get rid of my payload. :o

I'm only 2 months post surgery and woke up this morning and had GAINED two-tenths of a pound...I know in the scheme of things it doesn't sound like a lot but I have worked so hard for the 37lbs that I have lost and I cannot understand how I could have ANY KIND OF GAIN...it made me sick to my stomach to see it. I don't know what could have caused it, not currently having any hormonal fluctuations...having a real hard time just letting it go...I had to borrow money from family to have the surgery and all I want to do is succeed...

tptacnik,

Not to be a critic (it's very hard to type text and not come across critical, maybe someone can teach me to type compassionately :P ), but I hope you made your post in fun. Because 2/10's of a pound can be any number of things, including whether you weigh wearing socks and shirt (or like me, go commando! :P ), your scale's calibration, you drank more Water than usual, or you had some salty food.

I'm a 2 year Sleeve veteran and my weight loss was never in a straight line downward. Even when I was as strict as possible about my exercise and diet, there would be days or weeks where my weight would stay the same or even go up a little. I just had to let my body do it's own thing.

After a few experiences (and a lot of anxiety - I had lots of "Oh My God, is this all I'm going to lose?" moments), I figured out that if I just stayed with what was working, it would start working again... and it still does.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Keep Pimpin' That Sleeve!

I'm only 2 months post surgery and woke up this morning and had GAINED two-tenths of a pound...I know in the scheme of things it doesn't sound like a lot but I have worked so hard for the 37lbs that I have lost and I cannot understand how I could have ANY KIND OF GAIN...it made me sick to my stomach to see it. I don't know what could have caused it, not currently having any hormonal fluctuations...having a real hard time just letting it go...I had to borrow money from family to have the surgery and all I want to do is succeed...

Edited by joatsaint

I'm over 3 month out, and it's completely normal to gain a pound or so here or there. Your body is adjusting. A gain of a pound are part of my stalls. It sucks, but it's not the end if the world. I'm a slow loser too, and would stall often, so something I tried recently was upping my Protein with food (not shakes) and upping my calories. It worked. I lost 4 lbs that week. I'm convinced I wasn't eating enough, and that contributed to my gains and stalls. At 2 months out, you may find it difficult to eat more, but maybe if you try upping your calories with protein, you will lose a little faster? Everyone is different though....

When I read threads like this one it reinforces my decision not to weigh myself for the first 4 months.

You're exhausting yourself.

These small weight fluctuations are completely normal.

Jeez, I wonder when I read threads like this if this is the first time some posters have ever weighed themselves daily. EVERYBODY'S weight fluctuates like this.

At least once a week my weight goes up a fraction of a pound or even a pound. Once my weight went up four pounds in one day. And the next day I lost six pounds. Now, that was bizarre. But it happens.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

I tend to lose a few pounds and then gain a pound or two back and then lose it again a day or two later and then lose again for a while and then go through that cycle again. Even with that I am losing. Think our bodies are all unique,so don't panic about gaining a couple of pounds.