Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Offered to be sleeved in December!

Its been a year since being referred for bariatric surgery.

I was very nervous today going to see my consultant regarding my final decision with which surgery to go for.

After much research, and talks with people who have had both surgeries.

I opted for the sleeve.

After giving my answer to the Dr, he came out with "when do you want your surgery, December before christmas?"

My immediate response was "Nooooooooo!!"

He said no one wants it before christmas, well I think we all no why. Ha!

I have asked for sometime in January.

Will get my date soon and my pre op diet sheet.

Scared. Scared. Scared!

Now that its just around the corner Im a nervous wreck.

Im scared not for me, for my kids. They rely on me for everything. My family live very far away so its just me and my husband with the kids.

How will he cope!

Any advice and info which be appreciated.

If your nerves are as bad as you mentioned, if I were you I would have gone ahead and done it in December. That way you would have it out of the way and go into the new year being a brand new you! :)

I was nervous as heck too, Its not that bad make sure your hubby is supporitve and lets you sleep alot. nerves will go away once you are out cold. good luck

I had my surgery 1 week before Thanksgiving. Surgery went well. I have two small children (2&5) and the same thoughts were racing through my head however I just kept thinking how much more I would be able to do with them after my surgery. My husband really helped out a lot and did a great job with the kids. He did more then I thought he could, but then again when they have to fend for themselves and have no other choice you'll be surprised how much they can do. The nurses at my doctor told me "it's all about you now " so I tried to keep that with me and also asked for a lot of prayers. I am sure you'll be fine and congrats on getting a surgery date!

If your nerves are as bad as you mentioned, if I were you I would have gone ahead and done it in December. That way you would have it out of the way and go into the new year being a brand new you! :)

We had already made plans to travel the 6 hrs to my family for christmas. I don't want to spoil it for the kids.

Plus its quite difficult for my husband to get the time off work short notice.

I did not think my appt today would be deciding my date of surgery!

So still in shock. ????

I had my surgery 1 week before Thanksgiving. Surgery went well. I have two small children (2&5) and the same thoughts were racing through my head however I just kept thinking how much more I would be able to do with them after my surgery. My husband really helped out a lot and did a great job with the kids. He did more then I thought he could, but then again when they have to fend for themselves and have no other choice you'll be surprised how much they can do. The nurses at my doctor told me "it's all about you now " so I tried to keep that with me and also asked for a lot of prayers. I am sure you'll be fine and congrats on getting a surgery date!

Exactly. I am truly relying on his survival mode to kick in when Im in the hospital.

I was gone for just 2 hrs today for my hospital appt, leaving him in charge of the kids.

Came back and the living room was a mess, and kids given junk food as he didn't no how to turn on the oven.

Im really worry when it comes to my kids. I left my first son with family while I was at hospital giving birth to my second son.

I was out 6 hrs after delivery doing because I panicked he was missing me and needed mummy.

Is it good to let them visit you at the hospital? I said to my husband better to keep them busy with activities throughout the day, coming home just to sleep. So they wont miss me.

I no they will be clawing the hospital bed having a screaming fit when visiting time is over.

I'm trying so hard to get done before the end of December. I'm going to start my preop diet next week so I can be ready to go if someone cancels.

Make a couple weeks worth of casseroles. The hubby and kids are not gonna wilt away without you. pizza and at worst a couple nights of spaghetti ohs isn't gonna kill them.

The house won't fall down if it gets messy either. Take the time you need and don't worry about things that can be taken care of later