Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band, and a tummy tuck

I had my lap band in 2008 i have lost close to 70 pounds from 236 to 160 presently. I will go months and go back and forth on the same 5 pounds, then over the past 2 years began dropping more with added exercise. Very happy with the loss. Will be having a Tummy Tuck in January, should I have the lap band removed? Side effects so far are occassional vomiting if I just eat too fast or have a very tough piece of meat. Also salads except finely chopped are out. Happy with the results and the progress.

Appointment this Friday with Dr. whom ddi my surgery to discuss this. Dr, Nyguen, UCI Medical Center, Orange , Calif.

Edited by Marykbell

Personally, I wouldn't remove it. I would have a defill

Why have it removed? It has worked well for you and could continue to work well for you. If you want to eat "normally," just have the saline removed. Then if you need to lose again, have saline put back in.

Isn't that one of the reasons we had lap banding done? To have control?

I'm a little confused.

Are you asking:

Because you're having plastic surgery, should you remove the band?

Or because you're feeling the restriction?

Being a vet, banded in '08, you know dry meats and big chunks of salad greens are challenging to get in. Are you still chewing to mush? sometimes if I eat in a rush or forget to chew until mush (mindless eating as opposed to mindful eating), I get regurge.

Other times, I feel more restricted for some unknown reason but it's not constant. More restricted mornings, for me.

Seems like a strange question to me, esp. for a vet who hasn't mentioned any of the typical complications that make people seriously consider removing the band. Maybe I'm mis-reading your post?

Are you concerned your port will show post PS?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches