Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Helloooooooo anyone there

Hi Nicole,

I am actually originally from Salem NH. I now live in Atkinson, NH Are you originally from Salem. You are the same age as my oldest son????Wouldn't that be weird.

Goldthimble

Welcome "time to shop". Congrats on your new life. I am still in the beginnings. I have had 2 consulates, met with Phsyc and started the meetings with him,I have two more. Meet with the Nutrionist 2X . I want to get started soon. Who did your surgery??

goldthimble

Another NH person here! I live in Derry and was banded on May 17, 2007 by Dr. Connie Campbell at CMC. She is very good and so far, so good!

Welcome Paula D,

We seem to be a very quiet board. How long did you have to wait to be banded once you started.My first meeting was in Derry in March. I did go to a meeting in Feb at DHH in Manschester but Derry was closer for me. Although surgery will be in Portsmouth but all my appt are in Derry. What insurance did you have??

GOLDTHMBLE

Goldthimble, I went to my first meeting on Jan. 3rd. and was banded on May 17th. I was fortunate to not have to loose any weight prior as my BMI was 37. I was encourged to gain or maintain my weight. (First time I every heard those words!) I had most of my paperwork done and sent within a month. Most of my time was spent waiting for Dr. and nutri. visits.

I have Anthem (Matthew Thornton Blue). I was approved within 2 days as I have so many co-morbidities, fatty liver being the last one to be discovered last Dec.

I live in Derry and had all my appointments, minus psycological, in Manchester.

Where are you in this process?

Morning Paula,

I am going through Portsmouth but all my appts are in Derry at Parkland. I have met with the nutrionist 2x, coordinator 2x, the phsyc eval, and have been to 1 of the 3 meetings with the pre op group. They meet in Derry every other week. I need to see the PT for excersise but have been held up due to a foot injury. I fell and tore the tendons in my foot the end of March. I noticed you are a school secretary, I also work in a school as a SPED para. I have Harvard Pilgrim and have several Co mobidities, high cholesterol, recently high blood pressure, arthritis in my low back and knees, and a family history of obesity (4 sisters). I need to lose 10 of the lbs I need to lose to be "healthy". That is their requirement. I only hope the insurance covers after all this. Have a great day!

Goldthimble

Hello Goldthimble, Yes, I am a secretary at Londonderry High School. This is my third year and was a SPED para prior to that!

Can you call your insurance company or call your SAU benefits coordinator to see if it is covered? You are far along in the process. What a shame if it is not covered! Keep in touch and let me know.

Hello Goldthimble, Yes, I am a secretary at Londonderry High School. This is my third year and was a SPED para prior to that!

Can you call your insurance company or call your SAU benefits coordinator to see if it is covered? You are far along in the process. What a shame if it is not covered! Keep in touch and let me know.

Hey Paula,

Are you still out there???? Londonderry, huh I had several nieces go through LHS. My daughter in law taught at Matthew Thornton. She was a SPED teacher (3 yrs) who moved to Florida with my son 2 yrs ago and just moved back last month but to Ma since my son took a job in Marlbourgh.

How are you doing. I have still to see the surgeon, I really hoped I could have it done this summer while I was off. I don't have the school ins, I have my husbands. I know it is covered but I have a BMI under 40 with several comobidities and won't know till it is requested if they will okay it. I have been getting downabout it lately.

We went to a memorial service recently for an aunt and when I walked in some of my aunts did not even recognized me I had gained so much. My knees ache so bad going up and down stairs. All right I have vented for today.

How is it going for you? Are you on solid food yet? What did you tell people? Hope I am not being to nosy.

Linda

Goldthimble, the process is extremely slow. I was discouraged too. I am about 6 weeks post op and doing well. I have lost 30 lbs. I am having my first fill on Wed. I am excited about that. Right now I can eat almost anything and this is where my willpower (or lack of it) comes in!

The only problems I have are taking pills and left shoulder pain. I will ask her Wed. when I see her. My BMI too was below 40. I will 36 but had so many comorbidities that I was approved in two days! I was determined that if I was denied, I would eat myself to 40 BMI!! I am working summer school again this year so will keep busy through July. Let me know how your process is going. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Well I am a little closer since last I wrote. all my appts are done and now I meet with the surgeon next month. I wish it was sooner. I had hoped to get it over before I went back to school. Oh well....... I am having a hard time losing the 10 lbs. I lost 3 and then stopped. I eat the same and actually have been able to work out finally.

How is everyone else doing?????

Linda