Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a melt down!

I just spoke with my primary insurance and they are now saying it may be 30 days before I get a denial letter to give to my secondary insurance. The senondary insurance is a slam dunk, but must have his letter first. I just had to vent what in the ?#@@ is so hard about writing a letter. They should be greatful they don't have to pay! Has anyone else out there had this problem?

JP:omg:

I know the feeling. I KNEW my insurance would deny me and I'd be a self-pay and I was okay with that, but I HAD to go through the motions and get that denial first. It seemed like it took them forever and they were still waffling until I held their feet to the fire and asked em point blank if there was any snowball's chance they would authorize it because I didn't have the doctor sponsored program and they said no way, and I said That's all I wanted to KNOW! It would have been so easy if someone had said that early on..... Good luck and hang in there!

Call and bother them about it every single day. Even if you have to wait a month for the leter at least you will have the satisfaction of annoying the sh*t out of them.

Call and bother them about it every single day. Even if you have to wait a month for the leter at least you will have the satisfaction of annoying the sh*t out of them.

Yup! I second this.

Call this person back up and say this:

" I spoke to you last week and you informed me it would be 30 days until I got my denial letter. I was told by someone who has the same insurance they got their denial letter within a week.

Be Agreeable:

I understand that you probably have other insurees but I am basically waiting on my surgery as a result of this hold up. My doctor has a wait list as well. I'd like to speak to your supervisor to expedite this"

Write down the name, date, time and what was said.

Go up that chain of command! Have a fax number ready for them to fax it to you.

Trust me when I tell you that they have templates of these letters in their computer and it's a matter of adding your name and address and your doctor's name. Feel free to give them that info.

Lock them into a day when you can receive it. "So I can expect the fax by tomorrow at 3:00PM and if I don't get it something has happened and I call you back to let you know it didn't come through".

Be firm, be polite, be informed. Don't lose your cool, don't raise your voice. Don't get mad, get what you want.

Thank everyone. I plan to call them back on Monday. I will try to be charming lol. I know 30 days is not long, but I am so nervous . I want what I want and I want it now. Wow that sounds selfish. I am going to have a frozen drink and ponder that.

JP