Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Michelle

Michelle, I am just now seeing this thread. So I guess you went to the doctor today and I hope that all went well. You and your son are in my thoughts. My heart is full for you.

Nancy

Hi Guys, we are home from the Dr.'s

We will get results of his CBC this afternoon, but the other 8 Viles of blood the drew were for other tests IGb, IGa, IGm, T4 & T8 and a few others I dont remeber the names of ..I have no idea what they all mean but I know it has something to do with infections and immune system stuff,( you nurses will know these I'm sure) he has a low grade fever today and is right now sleeping, all that blood being drawn made him sleepy. I need to schedule an EKG for hhis heart and an MRI for his brain.. The other dilema I was told today is I have to get him to gain weight..he has only gained 1 lb in 6 months and was too thin 6 months ago. I never imagined that one of my kids would ever be too skinny but fortunaltey all of them were blessed with their dad's metabolism.. . This boy eats non stop 24/7, I basically let him whatever and when ever he wants to like the doctor reccomended, I cook every single night good well rounded meals.I pack him the biggest and healthiest lunch for school everyday, he eats dessert every night, constantly eating between meals, I will just give you an example of what he has eaten so far today and it is only 1:00 in the afternoon Breakfast Side of ham, cheeseburger & French Fries from my restaraunt and a bowl of Cereal... lunch 10 chicken McNuggets 1 cheeseburger and large french fries from Mcdonalds on the way home from Dr. also on the way to Mcdonalds he ate 6-8 pieces of licorice and a handful of beef Jerky they gave him after they drew all the blood..I just dont know how to get him to gain weight..any suggestions? You guys are so wonderful, thanks so much for all your support, prayers and kind words. I appreciate each and every one of you. I will keep you posted when I get the results

Michelle,

I am so sorry that you are going through a tough time. However, I am glad that your son is feeling better. I will pray that everyhting comes out alright.

Michelle, praying for wonderful, clear reports for your son! Has his thyroid been checked recently? It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job trying to feed him and letting him eat whatever and whenever he wants.

Michelle, I can only imagine what you are going through... I had cancer and I hated the look in my parents eyes. Mine was minor but it still scared the crap out of my parents. SO my prayers and thoughts are with you...Your strength amazes me!

Michelle, I had no idea you have been/are going through so much - my heart goes out to you. I wish you nothing but the best for the future and am thinking about you and your son.

take care of yourself xx

I sure hope all the tests come out negative. You see all the signs and have to decipher in your own mind, what’s best for your son even though you know something’s just not right… go to the extremes if you have to. and you ask whats that.?/ all the medications you may has to give. Time is our enemy. We wish there was a cure for everything..I’m not implying the worst, I’m just so distrout to have the young victomisized.

I don't know what I'm talking about...and only hope nothings wrong!!!!

You told me about going to the school and explaining details in his condition, to keep it clean and germ free, the fact that you had to teach them (the School) how to be germ free and supply them with the resources. I have small children and do relate. That’s allot of work, Thank you!

You know so much more than we do and can not even compare in understanding what your going through. God loves each and every one of us. There really aren’t any words I can say to describe..

Bless you and your family. AMEN

Michelle,

Just saw this thread and I am so sorry for what you and your family are going through. I will pray that your son is well. I am amazed by your strength. Since I came back from Vegas, I have been talking to my husband about each and every person I met and what difficulties some of my bandster friends have encountered. I cant even imagine what you are going through. Please know that you are in my thoughts and I sincerely hope everything turns up negative with the testing.

Babs in TX

334/194/170

Hi Michelle,

I reread my post and it sounded awful. (the last line). What I meant to say is that I hope all of the tests do not show anything negative ! I pray that your son will be well.

Babs in TX

I'm thinking along the lines of Leatha, there are lots of weight gain supplements that lifters use. One is even called "weight gainer". I have no idea how they taste, or if he'd like them, but with a metabolism as high as his obviously is, maybe they'd be worth a shot. Maybe he'd even like the idea of a being on a weight lifter's diet, lots of meat, potatoes and pasta... I'm sure if you researched it you could find tons of weight gain ideas from muscle building sites.

I wish your family the best, You deserve some good news after all you've all endured.

Michelle, I just read this thread. I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Michelle I actually just saw this thread I didnm't realize he was this sick I can't imagine the fear you are dealing with but please know that I will pray for you little fella and you and yor husband as well. I miss you and love ya bunches. xxxooo!!!

299/271/???

Dr. Spegiel

4/19/04