Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks Michelle

Just wanted to say Thanks Michelle! Just talking to you over the Vegas weekend open my eyes to enjoying life more, spending more time with the kids and basically seeing the world. I took a good look financially and after talking it over with Bill I'll be going on part-time or at least a 30 hour work week hopefully by next year. That way I can pick Roxanne from School on the way home and be able to get dinner made by 5! I also booked 3 nights in South Lake Tahoe during Christmas break so the kids can play in the snow...

I remember not being able to do things or go anywhere as a child cause we were poor and my parents were always working. I don't want my kids to grow up that way.

Life's too short..

I also wanted to commend you on being such a strong person. If I had been through what you have, I'd probably be in the loony bin.

Thanks again

Thanks Vera

I'm glad I could help..Since my tragedies struck.. my kids and family have become my main priority..the death of a child sure has a way of changing a person I can attest to that. I'm sure your children will be so greatful to have there mommy around more. Life is too short, money is not everything. If you can manage it financially then I say go for it..your will reap the benefits from it in such a more meaningful way then financially. I'm very happy for you, it was so bovious to me in Vegas just how much your family means to you now you will have more time to show them!

Right now I'm not feeling too strong, my son ( the one who had cancer and is in remission) Is not doing so good right now. They will be testing him on Tuesday, he has been having high fevers, excruciating headaches that make him vomit..he has been battling this ever since Oct 2nd, they thought it was the flu and strep throat but 2 weeks of penicilin and nothing is working. They will be doing tests to determine why his immune system has not bounced back in the last 2 years after finishing his chemo and try to find out what is causing these horrible headaches. I'm a little nervous but Im praying and I'm hopeful

MIchelle: I will keep your son in my prayers. I know you must be thinking the worst given what you have been through in the past so me telling you to think postively will seem meaningless but it is said with all the passion I can give you. Postive thoughts coming your way. Have they tried Epogen to boost his immune system? That might help fight off whatever it is that is giving him fits now.

What was his initial diagnosis. SOrry once a nurse always a nurse. You dont' have to answer this if you don't want. It won't hurt my feelings one bit. Love you big time.

IN my prayers daily.

Hi Penni..Thanks for the support and kind thoughts.

His initial diagnosis was ALL (leukemia)

I just get a little scared when these episodes happen becasue as you well know being a cancer nurse that there are some chemotherapy's that can cause other cancers to surface so I find myself everytime he has a fever that takes days to weeks to break I'm a wreck thinking the worst.. He has been checked one other time for brain tumors becasue of the same excrutiating vomiting headaches happening a year and a half ago and it was just a severe sinus problem where he had to have his sinuses drained once a week for 4 weeks so like I said I'm hopeful. Right now he is taking Xanthones to boost his immune system but obviously it is not working. He see's his oncologist on Tuesday morning unless it worsens over the weekend then she advised me to take him to the ER..Keeping my fingers crossed

Oh My, More Postive thoughts coming your way. Please keep us updated on his condition and sometimes it's just good to talk...call anytime.

Just gave my kids a hug and sending you and your family hugs and prayers.

Michelle,

I will keep my fingers crossed and pray for you as well. I have watched my parents anguish every year since my older brother died of cancer around christmas and his birthday. He died from nuero-blastoma 27 years ago but it forever scarred my parents. I imagine your son's symptoms would be very worrisome but hopefully it ends up being something minor. My mom saw your Vegas pictures tonight and thought you were absolutely beautiful. She sure sympathizes with you and can totally relate about losing a child and worrying about the living ones. Your in my thoughts, Teresa XOXO

Michelle, I know that you have seen both sides of how cancer can turn out. Sending prayers, encouragement, renewed strength, and (((hugs))) to you, your son, and family for positive news and a quick recovery. I'm so glad that you got that "time out" in Vegas. You needed and deserved that. Please take care! :cool:

Michelle,

I'm so sorry to hear your son is sick. :cool: It brings tears to my eyes just to think of how your heart must be so heavy worrying about him. I can do nothing but send my prayers up and ask for his health to remain steady. Just know that I absolutely loved who you are and that I truly do care and wished I could take those fears away. Please do let us know how he is doing and if there is one single thing we can do. We are all here for you. I hope you know that.

(((((((((michelle)))))))))))

Leatha

So sorry to hear that your som is sick, Michelle. I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Michelle: How are things these days. Have they found out anything yet with the testing? Continually keeping you and your family in my prayers. This is one reason I stopped doing Cancer Nursing. IT just isn't fair what this disease can and does do to our families, our children, and our lives. Makes me so mad, but then I had and have to remind myself to channel this negative emotion into a postive one. That is the hard part.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone's families both healthy and suffering.

Hi Penni..thanks for the thoughts and prayers..we go tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. He is feeling better but they are still wanting to draw some blood and check things out...They will be doing a T4 test to see why his imune system is still so low and going to check things out on his headaches..CATSCAN, X-Ray or MRI whatever test it is they do for that. I'm hopeful that everything is going to come back negative.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. I can't do pediatric nursing because when a child is suffering it just breaks my heart. I hope your son is well and it all turns out to be nothing serious.