Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Resisting Food Temptations!

Sleeved 11/19/14. Just barely made it thru Thanksgiving. I have kids and a husband who eats regularly and the food smells so good. Maybe I'm torturing myself but I prepare their food and fix their plates. It seems as if my senses to the smells has heightened. I can hear them eating and the television commercials are terrible. I'm trying to hold on but I am struggling.. I want the turkey, ribs, potato salad, etc.. Am I the only one that's going thru this? My biggest weakness is a Whooper from Burger King and the family decided to have just that on Saturday. I can really see the semi-addiction. Trying to stay focused. I have not fell off the wagon. Lost 30lbs. Maybe I need a mentor or a coach. ????????????????

Any suggestions? Words of wisdom?

Hang in there. You're still on liquids, aren't you?

Your new tummy's restriction will kick in when you start eating foods of any kind. Even purees.

You sound like a champ!

Yes.. I'm still on liquids. Trying to hold on.

You can do it! It gets easier as time goes on and you get on real food. Don't give into the temptation you will just regret it and get down on yourself. 30 pounds quite and accomplishment! Stay strong!

30 lbs is amazing! Stay the course! The payoff is sooooo much better than the quick fix. It's the difference between winning $5 on a scratch off and 100 million in the lottery.

I cried the first time my husband ate in front of me about a week after surgery. The head hunger was SOOOO bad! The only thing that kept me going was knowing my tummy needed to heal and it would be a matter of time before I could have pureed food. It's tough, but hang in there! We've all been there!

Liquids is the hardest part! It's a big shock to your body that is so used to food! sugar free Popsicles really helped me a lot. I was still getting the hand to mouth contact that I think my body was looking for. Once you're back on regular foods it gets easier. You can feel the 'fullness' when you eat, and you get so excited about the way you start to look it gets easier to overcome! I still get cravings all the time (6 months out) usually at night, I just let myself go through it and find something productive until it rides itself out. They are much less frequent now.

Keep up the good work! You're doing great!!

@@mfm116 How long did it take you to get started on regular food?