Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded a month ago! ! I'm only down about 15lbs

Should I be expecting more weight loss? ?

Does the muscle make it look like you have not lost on the scale?

Any advice to shed more pounds? ??

I think if you are losing 1-2lbs per week you are on target so sounds like you are where you should be. Talk to your dr when you get your first fill

Relax, you're doing beautifully. Keep all your appointments for fill assessment, keep increasing the exercise, keep patting yourself on the back for choosing yourself and your healthy future. Post band and pre-correct fill can be hard to navigate. Be tenacious! You will get this! And don't forget to pay attention to how your pants are fitting. That was a big one for me. scale wasn't bidging sometimes and that's right when I'd need a new size. Down from 18 to 10 in exact same brand. And 65+ pounds. It's like its not happening and then BOOM!

It took me 4 yrs to drop ~100lbs.

@Bandinista has it right! Good words of wisdom.

One day, bam! There you are, your true self. ;)

Some people gain weight in the first month or months after surgery until their band is properly adjusted, so the fact that you're losing is good news. I echo all the other posters' sentiments: great job and make sure you're in communication with your doc to get filled as you need it!

I'm the same way one. It's been a month and I'm still at only 20lbs down. Getting a second fill soon and hopefully I will notice the change. Sometimes I don't even feel like I have a band.

A month out, I had my first fill...4cc's....after which I started to, and did gain weight.

I went for my second fill 4 weeks after that weighing more than my first fill visit....

Dr. was not surprised, he actually chuckled at my frustration....tried to explain to me that the band does absolutely nothing (in my case) until it gets properly adjusted...and that can take months.....It IS as though I have no band...all they did after all, was install it....they did not turn it on yet.

Until then, if I wanted to loose, it was the old fashioned way...the way I tried...and failed...before I had surgery....that 4 letter word DIET

In other words, I was in Bandster Hell....

BTW, everyone looses something post op, then eventually you start back on real solid food.

Edited by B-52

People LOST weight after being banded?? Honest injun???. I held my own for three or four months. I took a few fills before the band even started to work... and it took subsequent fills every several months to ensure that the weight loss continued. The band is not a fast track; think tortoise and hare. If you have the band, you are the tortoise, but you will win in the end!

Duplicate, servers are running slowwwww.... Alex must be starving them.

Edited by labwalker