Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking advice on my journey into purée stage.

I got my sleeve Nov4. Post op I continued on clear liquid for an additional week after my hospital discharge Nov 6 which a as considered week 1. Week 2 I started full liquid. Cream Soups with any bits strained out. Week 3-4 started Nov 20 and now I seem to be having my problems. I'm getting sick. I've had nausea issues from day one of surgery. But they seem worse now. When I eat my baby food I am only doing 2-3oz and I'm eating super slow even using a baby spoon to insure the bites aren't too big. But I've got sick 3 times and It scares me. I have these nightmares of damaging my new tummy by getting sick. If anyone has been through this and has any bits of advise please share. I'm desperate at this point and sipping only liquids again. Thank you in advance.

Feeling blue.

@@athena3127 Ask your surgeon to give you a prescription for nausea medication.

He gave me a script for zofran which dissolves and then I also have phenagrin (sp). But I even woke up in the middle of the night last night sick. I'm just taking it easy with liquid only and will be calling my dr on Monday.

Try eating smaller amounts? 2-3 ounces is a lot so soon after surgery. Try limiting yourself to 3 tablespoons of food per meal and see if that lessens the nausea?

Also, maybe try something other than baby food? That stuff is disgusting, I would be nauseated if I had to eat it, too. Are you allowed to do something like Eggface's ricotta bake, or Greek yogurt, or make some purees on your own? Maybe take some fish, puree with a little bit of tartar sauce, and warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave? Or maybe try some dark chicken meat pureed with a sauce you like such as marinara or BBQ Sauce and heated up a bit? What about some refried Beans with a little melted cheese, or a poached egg?

Try a little Cereal, oatmeal, grits, cream of wheat. Add some Protein to it; an egg, or premade Protein shake. Blend it or use a nutra bullet or similar if you have it. The more substantial food should stay down better.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches