Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Self Pay, Hosp not giving me itimized bill?!

:help: :help: So my insurance company denied me the first time....So I went ahead and paid cash for the surgery--12,500. So now, im going back to the hospital to get an itimized statement so I can appeal my insurance company and provide any and all info possible. I have the understanding that even if I was denied, they will many times cover things like the hospital room, etc. So thats what im trying to do now. BUT! The freaking hospital will not give me an ITIMIZED statement. Just a bill saying I paid 7500 to the hospital. Thats it, not the room, meds, pt, etc. When asked the girl with a crap attitude said, "the physcians center would get screwed" "WHAT?? how?? Did I NOT already pay you in full??" Then she proceeded to say that the insurance company this and that...Well, what it comes down to is this. Every other person who gets approved for the lap band at this hospital is paying 22,000 bucks. But they give a huge discount 7500 only (to the hospital) for the lap band. So, I assume that if I were to turn around and send in a statement for the lap band for 7500--and jane doe sends in one for 22,000 bucks, thats going to throw up a red flag for this hosp. But that isnt the point, frankly I dont care about that end of it. What are MY rights?! They were saying "its their policy" not to give a detailed bill with self pay patients. I feel Im getting the short end of the stick because I paid out of pocket!? Anyone know where I can turn to?! Thanks soooo much in advance!!!

Kristi :help: :help: :help:

Hmmm... that's an interesting quandary, Kristi. There may not actually be an itemized bill for self-pay patients, I guess. Those highly detailed bills are designed for insurance purposes and it might take a lot of labor to generate one.

Are you saying that you got a huge discount because you work at the hospital? If that's the case, the person telling you they can't give you an itemized bill may be right. They'd have to show that they undercharged you significantly as a "professional courtesy," and while that is indeed done all the time the people on the receiving end of that courtesy typically don't file insurance claims. In fact, that courtesy is usually provided with that understanding.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches