Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally....

Hi everyone - here I am again with even more apologies for not posting for so long....! :nervous :nervous :nervous

Things are really busy for me and I never seem to get two seconds to spend on the computer - last few times I logged on, I have been perusing all the Vegas photos which took me ages - wow you all had a brilliant time - I was sick with jealousy - I thought of you all on that weekend as it was my sister's 30th birthday and we had a huge surprise party for her - she was absolutely thrilled so it was (nearly! :cool: ) worth missing the bash for her!

Well anyway - my big news is - I am finally getting a fill! Two weeks from my one year bandiversary! For those who don't know, I have a 9cc Inamed band, which was filled to 4cc during surgery, and have never had a fill. I have some restriction but not much - I have a problem with some breads but that's about it! So rather than go back to France to my french surgeon, I sourced a really good band doc in the UK - a belgian guy who has fluent english (unlike my surgeon!) who can answer my questions and most importantly of all - GIVE ME A FILL! I am a bit apprehensive, and wished I had paid more attention when y'all were talking about fills - now what was it you all were saying again???? :nervous :nervous :nervous - I am coming up to my one year anniversary, and wish I'd lost more than 70lbs in the year, but hopefully I'll get a lot more off in the next year - I am 80lbs down from my highest weight so I guess I shouldn't be whining...

The other big news is, I decided to go back to school! It has been so long since I have felt depressed and unable to cope with life so I peeped outside my rabbit burrow, and decided to get back into the world! I rummaged in the back of the cupboards, found my brain and headed out into the world of acadaemia! I am doing a university certificate in Psycology, and am hoping to get into college next year to do a degree as a mature student. I am loving the course so far - and my new found knowledge will really come in handy with my bonkers family!

This is my NSV - there is no earthly way I could have concieved doing anything like this in my old body. I feel so focused and energetic, it seems like a miracle.... Last week, we walked to the nearby village, during the lunch break of our lecture - I was smiling to myself as I walked with everyone else - I wouldn't have been able to "stroll to the village", over half a mile, a year ago. The whole day was a triumph for me - my concentration, my confidence, and I walked!!! Wow!

Anyway just wanted to say hi to everyone - i'll try to be around more xx

Bright,

Nice to hear from you and glad your getting out into the "world". I think you'll enjoy it a lot. Best of luck on your fill and let us know how it goes. Good seeing you and wish you the best, Teresa

Hey Bright, lovely to hear from you! Did your DH ever get what you wanted from the health-food stores?

We're in exactly the same place band-wise, sistah!! I just scheduled a fill for November 4, in the hopes that I'll stop being so ready to eat more just because I can. A change is definitely needed, and not just in my restriction. But 70 lbs in a year is FABULOUS and I'm super-proud of both of us. :cool: :D :D

Good for you in going back to school!! That will do wonders for your spirits, and just think of all the cool stuff you'll learn and people you will meet. I'm jealous...

Congratulations on 70 lbs. :cool: I think the new hope and confidence are the most incredible benefits of having the band. Have a great time out in the "real world."

Bright, you don't have to apologize for being an infrequent visitor. We love hearing from you whenever you have time! Your weight loss is fantastic. In fact I envy you.

Congratulations on going back to school! I'm studying for an exam for an advanced credential and it's been so rewarding that I'm planning to go back, too. It's really empowering! Best of luck!

Nancy

Thanks everyone!

Alex - no my bloody DH did not bring back the few things I requested! I had forgotten about it and am all mad again :angry :angry :angry All I wanted was a lousy bottle of oil and a Pottery Barn catalogue but apparently that was too much for him to do (rant rant...) He's heading back there before Christmas so I will "reorder" with him! He loved the hotel tho, and had a giant steak there - he was telling our son about how huge it was, and my son said confidently " oh, the cows are MUCH bigger in America than they are here..." :cool: He has a trip to Morristown planned for March 05 too, and I'm hoping to go with him - wouldn't it be great if we met up???!!!

Hi Bright

Welcome back

You were missed. Carol Vera and I did wonder in Vegas where you had been. Glad to here you are doing OK..

hi guys - Am heading off to the UK tomorrow for a flying visit to meet my new doc and get a fill - just wanted to know if there are any special preparations you need to do before going? I have all my x-rays, info from France, have fake tanned my stomach (!) and am wondering about fasting? Are you better off not to have eaten before the fill? Or should I have done a naked rain dance? Or what?

Nervous and wishing I knew more about fills!

Probably better to have something in the morning, just not immediately before the fill. Continue to drink, for sure. I hope you like your new doc! Let us know how it goes!

Bright, just don't eat 2 hours before your fill. But you can have fluids right up to the fill time. Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, but even more importantly on your confidence and self image!!! Going back to school, that's wonderful! Clara Luz is going back for another Masters! I'm so happy for you! You are beautiful inside and outside! Now, once you get your degree, maybe you can figure out some of us Bandsters! LOL

Bright,

So glad to see you back here posting.!!!!! I missed you here. So ya finally got to see a pic of me at the Vegas Bandsters Bash. I brought the before photos and DVD with me when I was in Vegas. You have done wonderfull and I am proud of you. I still want to meet with you when and if you ever get to the States. Keep up the good work and dont panic about the fill. Its not a big deal. Just like getting blood drawn.

Babs in TX

334/194/170

6/23/03

Leatha, Marie & Babs, thanks so much for getting back to me...I'm not really nervous about the actual fill - just want it to go smoothly, and not have any immediate problems - like finding out I can't swallow Water on the plane ride home - I'm so far from any one band-aware, that I can't afford anything to go wrong - I am hoping my fill will bring me to 5.5cc or maybe even 6cc in my 9cc band - I REALLY need to actually feel the band working for me, instead of depending on willpower most of the time....! Thanks for the tips - I presumed I shouldn't go in with a full pouch but wondered about measuring restriction etc.... oh well - I'm just looking forward to this time tomorrow when I'll be back at Gatwick airport waiting for the plane ride home!!!