Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

How cute - I figured it was something like that - too funny that's she's worried that pple are talking about her..

Almost like me and Earl in the elevator at the mofa when you were trying to sneak off to the mall - you came back at him with What are you and Janet doing - lol that was just so funny..

Congrats on the weight loss - we all get on and off the scales a few time..

Can't beleive you have all that energy - I was pooped when I got home..

So glad that Tracy's mamo came back good/no problems..

Yeah... little old lady is pretty cute. When we got to church this morning I went in the kitchen to chat with a couple of my friends and said, "I'm gone two weeks and Earl has a new girlfriend and I have to sit in the back seat!" LOL! First time I EVER sat in the back seat of our car! Yeah, and then I couldn't find my name tag anywhere. Everyone was looking for it. But there is another "Phyllis", 93 yrs old... and after about 10 minutes of teasing everyone that they threw away my name tag becaues I was gone two weeks, I saw the other Phyllis was wearing a name tag that said "Phyllis Hand"! So I gave her a bad time about that.

I forgot about you & Earl in the elevator.... yeah, I think he was in his robe, too! LOL!

So now I'm all caught up.. read about your vag ultrasound. Tracy having trouble with fibroids, too... on Lupron to see if they'll shrink. Might have to have a hyterectomy if it doesn't work because she's in a lot of pain.

I have to get on and off that scale over and over because it is so irratic! Range is sometimes as much as 15 lb! I move it around on the floor and each spot weighs different. So it just really gives me an idea where I'm at! That's why I always assume the highest number is the right one. Then I can be pleasantly surprised if I get on the Wii and it's lower! But usually get on the Wii "scale" only once a week on Monday.

Good evening ladies. Just a quick pop in.

Jeff and I went riding tonight with another couple. Had a nice dinner about 30 miles south of here.

The best part of that....I ATE!!!! I've been able to eat all day. Now I need to stop being so excited about it and concentrate on what I am eating. I am traveling all next week so we will see. I don't know if I mentioned it yesterday but according to their scales...I lost 11 pounds since my fill in June. wooohooo. I think that's why the lady who does the pre-fill work looked at me like I was nuts when I wanted an unfill. The PA knew I was serious though and didn't question that I knew what I was talking about. The bad part about the scale, their scale says 6 higher than my wii. I'm sticking with the wii number though.

Okay...time for bed. Glad everything is good with the Hand's. Janet, I know you are so very very right. I am so bad at it. I want him to understand that I'm not crazy and unjust. That I do think about my answers and that there are reasons for what I say no about....but when I do that, it makes it worse because no should be no...period.

Okay...bed. Night ladies.

Ladies, the next page is 1000!!!

Been doing well, food wise. Haven't been exercising like I should, I'm enjoying quilting. Here is the biggest shock of them all...for the first time in over 2 years I am finally calm and at peace. Strange, I shouldn't be. I poorer than ever, school is getting ready to start, but here I am...enjoying cooking and quilting in a clean organized house. I went and bought several SF syrups and have started making my own skinny surgar free latte's. I don't even miss my International coffee any more. My children are wondering where is my mother and who is this stranger their living with.

Janet, I go to the new fill doc on Friday. Still haven't decided if I will get a fill or not. Breakfast and lunch I can still eat 2 cups of food. dinner I'm always tighter on and can eat only about a cup. I'm hungry, stomach growl hungry about 2-3 hours after I eat. I think I need a fill, but part of me is saying...hey, things are working, don't mess with it. I'D APPREACIATE ALL YOUR INPUT. So let me know.

Did some late night shopping, damn internet. There a BHG quilt & bag magazine that I have been wanting, found it for 1/2 price, $6! Then I had a quilt pattern that I have and found the perfect fabrics for it, also 1/2 price. Candice, check out Quilting Fabrics on SALE - Quilt Fabric - Fat Quarter Shop (Fat Quarter Shop)

and

Clearance Sale Fabric (Autumn Rose)

Both have fabulous sales on everything from charm packs, fabric to patterns.

Well have eye appointment today. Hoping to get contacts...don't know if I can tolerate them. Years ago when I tried them, my eyes were to dry and couldn't handle them. I'm hoping that with the newer contacts I might have some luck. But then again, I'm older so I suppose my eyes are dryer.

Lost some!!

weight.png

RV lady called back this a.m.... she won't go for the low ball offer, she counter offered and I said NO we are holding firm. SHe has another couple coming on Sunday to look at it. THen she'll decide if we can have it for the lowball offer!

I hate this waiting game!!!

Been doing well, food wise. Haven't been exercising like I should, I'm enjoying quilting. Here is the biggest shock of them all...for the first time in over 2 years I am finally calm and at peace. Strange, I shouldn't be. I poorer than ever, school is getting ready to start, but here I am...enjoying cooking and quilting in a clean organized house. I went and bought several SF syrups and have started making my own skinny surgar free latte's. I don't even miss my International coffee any more. My children are wondering where is my mother and who is this stranger their living with.

Janet, I go to the new fill doc on Friday. Still haven't decided if I will get a fill or not. Breakfast and lunch I can still eat 2 cups of food. dinner I'm always tighter on and can eat only about a cup. I'm hungry, stomach growl hungry about 2-3 hours after I eat. I think I need a fill, but part of me is saying...hey, things are working, don't mess with it. I'D APPREACIATE ALL YOUR INPUT. So let me know.

Did some late night shopping, damn internet. There a BHG quilt & bag magazine that I have been wanting, found it for 1/2 price, $6! Then I had a quilt pattern that I have and found the perfect fabrics for it, also 1/2 price. Candice, check out Quilting Fabrics on SALE - Quilt Fabric - Fat Quarter Shop (Fat Quarter Shop)

and

Well have eye appointment today. Hoping to get contacts...don't know if I can tolerate them. Years ago when I tried them, my eyes were to dry and couldn't handle them. I'm hoping that with the newer contacts I might have some luck. But then again, I'm older so I suppose my eyes are dryer.

Lost some!!

weight.png

awh,thanks for the Quilt shop links!!! I'll check them out for sure!

Cool news on the Contacts. I'm sure you'll like the NEWER Versions. I too had DRY EYE problems, but this time my Dr. gave me Acuvue Oasys and they are plenty wet enough for me.. I can wear them all day at work. Just gotta through 'readers' on occasionly LOL :sneaky:

DH has gone off to check on another RV, its a 3 hour drive away so we'll see what happens with that!

Yeah... little old lady is pretty cute. When we got to church this morning I went in the kitchen to chat with a couple of my friends and said, "I'm gone two weeks and Earl has a new girlfriend and I have to sit in the back seat!" LOL! First time I EVER sat in the back seat of our car! Yeah, and then I couldn't find my name tag anywhere. Everyone was looking for it. But there is another "Phyllis", 93 yrs old... and after about 10 minutes of teasing everyone that they threw away my name tag becaues I was gone two weeks, I saw the other Phyllis was wearing a name tag that said "Phyllis Hand"! So I gave her a bad time about that.

I forgot about you & Earl in the elevator.... yeah, I think he was in his robe, too! LOL!

So now I'm all caught up.. read about your vag ultrasound. Tracy having trouble with fibroids, too... on Lupron to see if they'll shrink. Might have to have a hyterectomy if it doesn't work because she's in a lot of pain.

I have to get on and off that scale over and over because it is so irratic! Range is sometimes as much as 15 lb! I move it around on the floor and each spot weighs different. So it just really gives me an idea where I'm at! That's why I always assume the highest number is the right one. Then I can be pleasantly surprised if I get on the Wii and it's lower! But usually get on the Wii "scale" only once a week on Monday.

LOL I think he was on his way to the pool :0) - I haven't been on my Wii in a while - maybe tonite since it's my off night from the gym...

Well hopefully my fibroids have shrunk now that I have truly hit menopause..

I remember talking to Tracey about the fibroids... Mine never caused me pain - but lately I have been bloated feeling and I worry in the back of my mind about them every now and then - I think I need to find a gyn - not just my gp doc..

Depending on the results of this last pap - will determine if I look for one - We changed insurance in April - Aenta ppo - and I really just want a gyn doc not one who's an ob - cuz I hate when I go for an appointment and they are gone delivering a baby... The wasted time of driving there and then back - it's hard to work dr appointments in when you work..

Good evening ladies. Just a quick pop in.

Jeff and I went riding tonight with another couple. Had a nice dinner about 30 miles south of here.

The best part of that....I ATE!!!! I've been able to eat all day. Now I need to stop being so excited about it and concentrate on what I am eating. I am traveling all next week so we will see. I don't know if I mentioned it yesterday but according to their scales...I lost 11 pounds since my fill in June. wooohooo. I think that's why the lady who does the pre-fill work looked at me like I was nuts when I wanted an unfill. The PA knew I was serious though and didn't question that I knew what I was talking about. The bad part about the scale, their scale says 6 higher than my wii. I'm sticking with the wii number though.

Okay...time for bed. Glad everything is good with the Hand's. Janet, I know you are so very very right. I am so bad at it. I want him to understand that I'm not crazy and unjust. That I do think about my answers and that there are reasons for what I say no about....but when I do that, it makes it worse because no should be no...period.

Okay...bed. Night ladies.

Steph - I totally understand - like I said I gave in alot as it was just easier than fighting - but in all reality when I did stick to my guns and not let him push my buttons - it did work - just try it - it's hard but give it a shot and see what happens - Teenagers are very trying - look you are in your 30's - I did this in my 20's/30's and again in my 40's/50's - You don't have to make him understand that you aren't crazy you are the Mom - you explain it once and that's it - please give it a try- Like I said I wasn't always successful in my attempts to not fall into the arguing trap - the getting so pissed that I wanted to hit - scream and yell - the times I did follow thru - it does work - so just try and see what happens..

Glad you can eat - Make those good food choice now :0)

Congrats on the 11 lbs !!!

Janet, I go to the new fill doc on Friday. Still haven't decided if I will get a fill or not. Breakfast and lunch I can still eat 2 cups of food. Dinner I'm always tighter on and can eat only about a cup. I'm hungry, stomach growl hungry about 2-3 hours after I eat. I think I need a fill, but part of me is saying...hey, things are working, don't mess with it. I'D APPREACIATE ALL YOUR INPUT. So let me know.

and

Lost some!!

Karla - My doc wouldn't fill if I was losing weight - that was what he used to determine fills. Again that can't always be the determining factor cuz you can be tight and eat around it. IMHO are you comfortable with the amount of food that you eat - is it satisfying you mentally (notwithstanding the head hunger issues) and physically

Ok looks like you have lost 64 lbs - got 36 lbs to go - now when did you get banded (my short term memory is shot)

You are doing great - 36 lbs to go - by Dec or Jan you should be at goal - and I do know that will be goal in under a year.. cuz wheren't you banded in like March/april ??

IMHO I think that sometimes too much emphasis is put on the whole fill issue - yes we need restriction but this is a lifetime change in our eating (we choose the foods not our bands) - can you live your life only eating 1/2 c of food per meal.

Well, boss just walked in he's early today - so better get to work - cbl

Good morning ladies. I hope you all slept well.

Janet, I'm going to try to hold firm. I know it's a trap that I fall into way too easily. Just say no!

I'm not sleeping well. I'm not sure what seems to be the problem. Once I do get to sleep I have these super bizarre dreams....and they flip from one subject to another in the oddest ways. I wish I had a clue what was bothering me so much that I could get rid of the dreams. I'm exhausted. I hope some of that will go away since I can eat now. not getting in the proper nutrition takes it's toll.

I leave tomorrow with all the kids to go west. Dropping kids at moms and then spending 5 days at the lake. It sounds like perfection but it will be crazy mentally busy....working on math stuff.

Only 5 weeks until my walk!!! Can you believe it! Absolutely amazing! I can't wait. I know I'm not ready. Haven't had time to be walking. I'm strong but probably not strong enough for the walk. I'll do what I can. I need to find time to do a back to back 18/18 in the next week. If I don't get that in I'll be a hurting unit I'm sure.

Alright. A million things to do today to get ready. I'll talk to you all later. Love you.

Well I have contacts!! I hope they work, yep I'm doing the Acuview Oasis. They feel okay.

Just looked at the check book... My car needed work...kids needed glasses...thought I was on budget, but I guess not...so I have 50 days before a payday and not much money left...hum, can I buy healthy food cheaply???

Just got off the phone with the lawyer. He talked to the city attorney. He suggested pleading no contest with a deferred imposition and if I keep my nose clean for 6 months I can go back and ask for the whole thing to be expunged from my record!!!!

Do you have any idea how much weight that lifted off of my shoulders? I told him I would sleep on it but I'm pretty sure that is the best solution. It can all be done next week when I'm back in Helena.

I hear angels singing...do you????

Steph, woooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!

Well, just calculated my expenses for the next 50 days. I can spend $8 per day. But guess what, I'm not going to stress it!!!

Steph, woooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!

Well, just calculated my expenses for the next 50 days. I can spend $8 per day. But guess what, I'm not going to stress it!!!

I can bring you 20 bags of kettle corn. You can sell it and live on the proceeds. Or you can just come live with me and I'll feed you.

Let's see....I'll come up with something original here soon. Oh....I'll give you a 14 year old with child support payments of $500 a month....in advance.

Don't you dare come near me with kettle korn, there wouldn't be ANY proceeds because I'd eat the inventory.

Hummm...child support...Now I know Michael would be on his best behavior for at least 2 weeks, but I hear that growing boys will eat you out of house & home. so I don't think I would make much of a profit.

Just you wait until that little angel in pigtails hits 13...be prepared, girls fight dirty and in your face. More than once I have had to repair slammed door which then broke off the hinges and flew across the hall, naturally after I took it away for a month. Alexa lived with out everything, but a matress...on the floor... more than once. No ANYTHING, including the door to her bedroom and bathroom. I locked myself in my bathroom more than once.

Well, Janet. only a couple more posts and we're at pg/1000. Are you starting us all a new thread? Any ideas for a name. Guess you better decide soon. food choices are doing much better. Not great, but better. I've pretty much decided to go for a slight unfill. This 3am acid reflux stinks. Finally had another BM today. Once a week just doesn't make it for me.

Well, I'll check back later. Have a great evening.

Ok gang made a new thread that we will start using once we hit 1000 pages

Lucky #7's Still going Strong !!!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f94/lucky-7-still-going-strong-99866/

Steph - Hugs GF - Like I said I didn't always succeed - but when I did it did help... I like Karla's suggestions - no doors nothing but a mattress.

Glad to hear that the problem will solve it's self - like my Dad always said - things have a way of working out for the best.. This will be one less problem on your shoulders..

Good luck on your walk - I don't think I could walk 18 miles a day that's 2.25 miles per hour for 8 hours.. Great cause but I couldn't do it - and then sleeping in a tent.. Good Luck on that one...

Karla - Hugs on the $$$ - Wish I had some ideas - the only one I can think of is for the girls to ask their father for some help.. Can you get more hours at the nursery.. Are there any part time jobs in your area.. How about tutoring.. You could do that to make extra $$$ - heck here in Cali - it's like $45 an hour...

Kari - GF - you need to eat healthy and drink plenty of Water and exercise and you will go #2 more often -

Candice - What happen with this MH??

Linda - Where are you...

Denise - How school - or should I ask lol

Phyl - Do you have to do anything to prepare for your up comming surgery..

Well, today is my day off from the gym - my GF candy is suppose to come over in a bit..

CBL