Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Janet, yep the feeding frenzie was carbs. I will try the high/low calorie thing. popcorn satisfies my chewing crazing, but really doesn't fill me up. I can eat and entire LARGE bag (I eat only the 100 cal paks) and be looking for more. It actually acts like a slider to me. Right now, nothing keeps me full. I don't think I am eating slider food. lunch is chicken salad with lots of chopped celery or 1/2 c cottage cheese with blueberries, craisins & almonds. dinner is hard Protein, veggies, & watermelon. The only meal that I have trouble eating after is dinner, so I know that is habit. But you would think popcorn would fill me and keep me satisfied. For lunch yesterday at Stephs, I had a hamburger (I know not the best) loaded with lettuse, onion, pickles, tomatoe...I stopped, not because I was full, but because the hamburger was gone. So let me know what you think. I am trying to stay way from carbs. I get into a rut, food wise, because I get to tired to think of anything new, alright, I'm just down right lazy!

I wish I was coming, oohhh, temps in the 70's AND the beach. I dream of living on the beach. Saturday we are suppose to be in the hundreds, I HATE hot weather. Comes from having all this insulation.

Had a good time helping Step get ready for the sale, man did her dad have stuff. I took some stuff up to contribute to the cause, craft stuff and garage sale stuff. Came home with a car load. I thought I was down sizing, but couldn't help myself. I DO love old stuff. Steph looked good, and has the 2 CUTEST little munchkins. I forgot how much I love those little creatures. Ah someday, grandchildren.

Oh, I get home last night, and discussing hair issues with DD#4, and she informs me that my hairdo is the mid-80's and time for it to go. Boy, now I regret teaching her how to speak up. So she is going to give me a 'hair' lesson today before I leave.

Hopefully, my shop hop day goes well. I know I will be depressed not being able to shop. Oh well.

GOOD MORNING GANG - TGIF !!!!

Today is my 2 yr band anniversary !!!

OMW I can't beleive 2 yrs has gone by - but gotta say I am enjoying life so much more these days with the weight gone...

I am really proud of myself that for the last year I have kept the weight off - that was always my fear (not getting it off but keeping it off). Well it's still a fear - cuz I know I am an food addict - for me it's one day at a time - making the lifestyle change - allowing treats occaisionally and the exercise and the help of the band.

Well, I gotta get my butt in gear - I only have 4 working days till I leave for Canada - and my desk it a total mess.

CBL :scared2:

We are flying in to Buffalo Tues. evening. Pick up rental car and drive to my youngest sister's (10 minutes away). Wed. see Mom & other sister probably. Thurs drive to Canada. We're bringing Tom Tom with us!

[/url]

Previous experience using U.S.A. cell phone in Canada.... VERY expensive!! Last year made two very short calls to DD while we were all in Niagara Falls because we were in two different cars and got separated.... cost me $10!

Janet, yep the feeding frenzie was carbs. I will try the high/low calorie thing. popcorn satisfies my chewing crazing, but really doesn't fill me up. I can eat and entire LARGE bag (I eat only the 100 cal paks) and be looking for more. It actually acts like a slider to me. Right now, nothing keeps me full. I don't think I am eating slider food. lunch is chicken salad with lots of chopped celery or 1/2 c cottage cheese with blueberries, craisins & almonds. dinner is hard Protein, veggies, & watermelon. The only meal that I have trouble eating after is dinner, so I know that is habit. But you would think popcorn would fill me and keep me satisfied. For lunch yesterday at Stephs, I had a hamburger (I know not the best) loaded with lettuse, onion, pickles, tomatoe...I stopped, not because I was full, but because the hamburger was gone. So let me know what you think. I am trying to stay way from carbs. I get into a rut, food wise, because I get to tired to think of anything new, alright, I'm just down right lazy!

I wish I was coming, oohhh, temps in the 70's AND the beach. I dream of living on the beach. Saturday we are suppose to be in the hundreds, I HATE hot weather. Comes from having all this insulation.

Had a good time helping Step get ready for the sale, man did her dad have stuff. I took some stuff up to contribute to the cause, craft stuff and garage sale stuff. Came home with a car load. I thought I was down sizing, but couldn't help myself. I DO love old stuff. Steph looked good, and has the 2 CUTEST little munchkins. I forgot how much I love those little creatures. Ah someday, grandchildren.

Oh, I get home last night, and discussing hair issues with DD#4, and she informs me that my hairdo is the mid-80's and time for it to go. Boy, now I regret teaching her how to speak up. So she is going to give me a 'hair' lesson today before I leave.

Hopefully, my shop hop day goes well. I know I will be depressed not being able to shop. Oh well.

Darling did you eat the bun or just the hamburger patty??

Yep I will agree that it's work to eat healthy - not last night but the night before by the time I was ready to eat it was like 8:30 - I didn't feel like cooking - in the past it would have been a bowl of instant mashed tatoes and stick of butter or 2 cups Pasta not so much butter - cuz they were quick and fast meals... But I know that I can't do that any more - that I have to make wise food choices - especially at home - like I have said - it's my healthy food haven - anyway - I ended up having 2 scrambled eggs & a lite english muffin. Was physically full - but as usual still head hungry - so had some popcorn too - for me it's the hand mouth one piece at a time - I wasn't hungry - but i needed to feed my head - like I said - I still do it - I just do it within my budget

Your lunch was a slider chicken salad - cottage cheese are sliders... the hamburger wasn't.

And as I have said a million times - head hunger manifest it's self into physical hunger.

Well I guess this is only going to apply to me - but I just ck'd 10 day weather in Toronto

76 high 60 lows - Yes I will be bring a jacket - maybe my leather one !!!! and a chance of rain -

Jul 23 38.gif?12122006

Scattered T-Storms

78°

61°

40%

78°F

Check Flight Delays

Fri

Jul 24

11.gif?12122006

Showers

76°

61°

30%

76°F

Sat

Jul 25

11.gif?12122006

Showers

76°

61°

60%

76°F

I think I am bring sweats !!!! and tennis shoes for sure for the evening time...

Candice what town do you live in???

I have your's, phyl & linda's cell #'s and I think you all have mine...

Oh Janet, I just checked the weather forecast for next week too... it SUCKS!!!

I "live" in the town of WASAGA BEACH... Collingwood is 10 minutes away, so our weather is the same....:scared2:

We are flying in to Buffalo Tues. evening. Pick up rental car and drive to my youngest sister's (10 minutes away). Wed. see Mom & other sister probably. Thurs drive to Canada. We're bringing Tom Tom with us!

12_7_19.gif 16_2_19.gif

Previous experience using U.S.A. cell phone in Canada.... VERY expensive!! Last year made two very short calls to DD while we were all in Niagara Falls because we were in two different cars and got separated.... cost me $10!

7_19_1.gif

Ya, o.k. Earl!!!

GOOD MORNING GANG - TGIF !!!!

Today is my 2 yr band anniversary !!!

OMW I can't beleive 2 yrs has gone by - but gotta say I am enjoying life so much more these days with the weight gone...

I am really proud of myself that for the last year I have kept the weight off - that was always my fear (not getting it off but keeping it off). Well it's still a fear - cuz I know I am an food addict - for me it's one day at a time - making the lifestyle change - allowing treats occaisionally and the exercise and the help of the band.

Well, I gotta get my butt in gear - I only have 4 working days till I leave for Canada - and my desk it a total mess.

CBL :scared2:

Omg - I better ck to see what AT&T is going to charge - I have to ck in with Andrew to make sure he's feeding my dogs and cat..

Oh Janet, don't worry about using cell phone while at my place, You can call Andrew on my Land Line I have an ALL USA phone priveliges for FREE!!!! Also, I have two computers you can check your email...

Darling did you eat the bun or just the hamburger patty??

Yep I will agree that it's work to eat healthy - not last night but the night before by the time I was ready to eat it was like 8:30 - I didn't feel like cooking - in the past it would have been a bowl of instant mashed tatoes and stick of butter or 2 cups Pasta not so much butter - cuz they were quick and fast meals... But I know that I can't do that any more - that I have to make wise food choices - especially at home - like I have said - it's my healthy food haven - anyway - I ended up having 2 scrambled eggs & a lite english muffin. Was physically full - but as usual still head hungry - so had some popcorn too - for me it's the hand mouth one piece at a time - I wasn't hungry - but i needed to feed my head - like I said - I still do it - I just do it within my budget

Your lunch was a slider chicken salad - cottage cheese are sliders... the hamburger wasn't.

And as I have said a million times - head hunger manifest it's self into physical hunger.

CBL :wink2:

I am getting ready, putting together beds and such... FUN FUN FUN:smile:

Oh and Congrats on your 2yr bandiversary!!! You have done so well.

Edited by peaches9

Ya, o.k. Earl!!!

Ya think I've been brain washed??

Wait til he sees what I spent yesterday!! LOL

It was a great day.... first, 2 hours getting mani and pedi in the morning. Then Tracy came over for lunch... leftovers from the day before... cabbage/chicken Asian salad & crab.

Then I went for a 2 hour cruise around the neighborhood and bought a purse/tote bag at Target. Then I went and got my hair done... cut and highlights. So... 5 hours of self-indulgence and well over $100!

FUN!!

3_2_3v.gif

Wow, we've all been talking and yacking for 2 years now...

Stop and ponder the life changes that have occured.

Today, I went to my PCP for my annual checkup... blood work, physical exam, ekg.... etc...

I have gone from 240lbs to 178(as of Dr. Office) and kept it off.

No I am not at goal, but to imagine that all that weight is gone for good is awesome...

I still have work to do but I do eat a lot less than pre-surgery and that's an awesome feat in and of itself.

My doctor was happy with my W/L and she was't even beating me up about not being at goal yet... I had all the blood drawn and test results will be in next week.

:scared2:

Ya think I've been brain washed??

Wait til he sees what I spent yesterday!! LOL

It was a great day.... first, 2 hours getting mani and pedi in the morning. Then Tracy came over for lunch... leftovers from the day before... cabbage/chicken Asian salad & crab.

Then I went for a 2 hour cruise around the neighborhood and bought a purse/tote bag at Target. Then I went and got my hair done... cut and highlights. So... 5 hours of self-indulgence and well over $100!

FUN!!

3_2_3v.gif

YOu are SO worth it Phyl!!! :scared2:

I was so glad DH was off cutting lawn for DD/SIL this morning because it postponed his daily checking of our bank accounts! He came home at a little before 10 a.m. at which time I thought I should probably go take a shower. Before i could get back there and get the Water turned on he came stomping in to the BR! "DID YOU SPEND $XX on your hair? ???! YEP, I DID! "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!" Answer: "GET OVER IT!!" HAH! Then I told him, "Yeah, but "m CUTE!" He admitted that he likes it!

He doesn't know what I spent on my nails yet! LOL

Yep isn't it awesome on how well we have done in our 2 yrs.

Ya everyone might not be at their goal - but we all have lost weight and that's what is the most important thing... We are all lighter than we were 2 yrs ago..

We all feel better physically - mentally - and we do think (well most of the time) before we stick stuff in our mouths

We all are eating healthier and exercising - We are a GREAT BUNCH

I know Phyl's date is 7/20 or 21 can't remember - Linda - what's your date - Kari yours - Denise yours

OMW Phyl - Linda - Candice - Kari - Denise - Me

We are the only Original Lucky #7's left...

That's another big plus - look at the freindships that we have today - we all have new Sisters (daughters & nieces too) and to our testament - we have 3 adopted Lucky #7 - Karri - Steph and Karla

Candice - Ya I gotta make sure Andrew feeds my dogs/cat and just ck in period - 18 yrs alone in the house for 4 days

I gotta say I am pretty lucky I can trust him not to have a major rave party while I'm gone...

Phyl - I loved your hair - I wish I could go that short..

I get my nails/toes and hair tomorrow - Lucky I don't have to share that info (cost) with anyone :0) and little shopping for trip - and load up on food for Andrew and animals

Hi--Internet's been down all day--grrrr. Janet--hear it's a little hot in the desert--like 115? You'll enjoy the cooler weather on this side of the world! Wasaga Beach forecast actually sounds warm to me. We are setting record lows for our "high" temperatures today! Low 60's, cloudy and a few dribbles of rain today--same for tomorrow except a little warmer--67?

Candice--we're flying American Airlines flight 4111 from ORD and should arrive YYZ @ 4:55. Flight 4111 arrived at Terminal 3 today according to the airport website. Oh, oh, oh I am getting so excited!

My baniversary was yesterday--the 16th. Yes, I am not the same person now that I was then in so many ways. I'm thankful for the band, however I have to say that in some ways it was dissapointing. I didn't anticipate having so many problems and needing to have it adjusted so often. I still like amphetamines better, but we all know that down side of that! Janet nailed it--I'm an out and out addict. I miss my eating binges and the good feelings it gave me to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and as much as I wanted.

Okay, so what do you all eat for lunch. Since I seem to be eating sliders, That's why I am no losing like I should this last month. So TELL ME WHAT TO EAT, please answer ASAP so I can plan food.< /p>

Yes Janet, I age the bun, I know!!! slap, slap.

Just got home from a quilt show sale about 2 hours away. Was okay, I really didn't have fun. Strange. I feel like I am starting to 'out-grow' some of my quilting ladies. I just don't seem to enjoy listening to their petty problems. They have problems? Try being a single parent and your house-hold budget just dropped by $1000 a month. Maybe i just am on people overload?

Hi--Internet's been down all day--grrrr. Janet--hear it's a little hot in the desert--like 115? You'll enjoy the cooler weather on this side of the world! Wasaga Beach forecast actually sounds warm to me. We are setting record lows for our "high" temperatures today! Low 60's, cloudy and a few dribbles of rain today--same for tomorrow except a little warmer--67?

Candice--we're flying American Airlines flight 4111 from ORD and should arrive YYZ @ 4:55. Flight 4111 arrived at Terminal 3 today according to the airport website. Oh, oh, oh I am getting so excited!

My baniversary was yesterday--the 16th. Yes, I am not the same person now that I was then in so many ways. I'm thankful for the band, however I have to say that in some ways it was dissapointing. I didn't anticipate having so many problems and needing to have it adjusted so often. I still like amphetamines better, but we all know that down side of that! Janet nailed it--I'm an out and out addict. I miss my eating binges and the good feelings it gave me to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and as much as I wanted.

Candice I am on American Airlines Flight #488 arrives 5:39 p.m -So right after Linda - Same Terminal !!!!

Linda - Hugs on the issues you have had with your band - too bad we didn't know about the sleeve when we had our surgeries - I gotta say I have been lucky (knock wood) that I haven't had any problems.

Ya I like the little pills too - I loved the energy- but then that whole cycle - I might not eat all day - but then when they wore off - I would make up for it..

And I'm with you girl on I miss my eating binges and the good feelings it gave me to be able to eat whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, and as much as I wanted.

But gotta say I feel to damn good to go back there - I really do - and I don't want to go back... One day at a time - we are all addicts ... Our Lucky #7 Gang is our NA/AA :cursing:)

Okay, so what do you all eat for lunch. Since I seem to be eating sliders, That's why I am no losing like I should this last month. So TELL ME WHAT TO EAT, please answer ASAP so I can plan food.

Yes Janet, I age the bun, I know!!! slap, slap.

Just got home from a quilt show sale about 2 hours away. Was okay, I really didn't have fun. Strange. I feel like I am starting to 'out-grow' some of my quilting ladies. I just don't seem to enjoy listening to their petty problems. They have problems? Try being a single parent and your house-hold budget just dropped by $1000 a month. Maybe i just am on people overload?

Karla - WTF happen to your restriction ???

Bf - oatmeal - yogurt & granola - egg beater omelets with just a tad of cheese with green onions - fiberone bar or pt bar - or if I feel like it a sandwich or meat from the night before..

Lunch - today I had a WW meal cuz I wasn't hungry this morning and didn't feel like making lunch.. Lately my lunch has been a salad romaine - red onion - avocado - sliced turkey and my bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing - or it can be left overs from the night before - fish or meat 4 ozs and veggies or a sandwich made with lite whole wheat bread 80 cal 2 slices - 6 slice turkey with lite mayo or ham and 2% cheese & mustard - or my one pot wonders..

I eat real food chicken - pork chops - steak - hamburger patty (without the bun :0) fish - scallops - shrimp - lamb

Veggies and a little rice Pasta or tatos with my dinner

When you cook dinner make enough so you have left overs for lunch..

I don't eat starches/cheese/sugar/fats like I use to - I will still have a tacos every now and then but they aren't dripping in grease anymore and its only 2 with a little 2% cheese - no 8 or 10 with 1/2 lbs of cheese..

Got back a few pages - Karri gave some great receipts

What did you eat prior to banding??? You just have to make it healthier that's all - you are suppose to be eating real food

One Pot Wonders

Any kind of meat that you like - (ground turkey - chicken - pork etc) sauted in a little evoo with onions & bell peppers - salt pepper garlic add some zuchinne or cabbage and a can of Tomato sauce - cook til done..

I have done kelbas (turkey) with red potatoes - onion bell peppers and cabbage..

Spagh sauce made with ground turkey instead of hamburger over green Beans (phyl does this)

Turkey meat loaf - veggies & 1/2 cup mashed tatos (that aren't loaded with butter) - for lunch skip the tatoes and just have the meat loaf and veggies...

1/2 Chicken BBQ breast & veggies

4 oz turkey or hamburger patty and veggies

4 oz of any meat and veggies

You are bummed about $$ right now and your problems are front and center for you - you could careless if someone stubbed their toe - We all understand..

This thought just popped in my head - since your DD is mostly taking classes on line - are there any part time jobs that she could look for to help with expenses.. Don't know if it possible or what kind of school load she is carrying.. Just an idea...

Andrew is 18 now and we have sat down and had some discussion on $$ -

Hi ladies. Just popping in to check up so I don't get a million pages behind.

My lovely friend TOM showed up today. bleapedy pleapedy bleep! As if I needed ANOTHER thing on my plate. But it did do one positive thing. I ATE TODAY!!! Oatmeal and eggs for Breakfast, something for lunch...don't remember what....and a delicious chx salad (with lettuce) for dinner. REAL FOOD! So today was good.

As for the yard sale, so far we have raised just over $1300 and we have 1 1/2 more days to go. I'm hoping to get to $3k but that might be a pipe dream. I would like to put a big thank you in the paper here for such wonderful people.

We did have a little blip on the screen today when we sold some of my dad's stuff. I had to excuse myself and boohoo. Funny. We talked about it, looked at it all day yesterday...but today when it was being loaded away....I lost it. Reloading equipment for the Lord's sake! Why gets teary over ammo? Go figure.

Okay. I'm tired and I know by Monday I'm going to be the walking dead...but having a blast.

Oh...I bought a kettle korn business :^) What exactly does a fat woman (and in my head I'll always be a fat woman...just recovered now) need with that? I actually can't eat popcorn right now, so that's alright. It will be fun....and sort of like working at fast food. After a while you can't even stomach it. I'm so excited. I'm going to try to send some to Canada for my friends. It actually isn't bad cal wise. I'll look up cals when I have a chance.

Okay...to bed. Love you ladies. I so wish I was going to be in Canada next week. You all have no idea how jealous I am. Well...Karri does...and Kari does....and the rest who didn't get to do MoA last year....but I'm SOOOO jealous. Kettle corn is paying my trip next year :cursing:

Steph, I'm so sorry about the boohoo's. I was hoping that IF it happened I'd be there. But it is the grieving process AND you are tired. Naturally you are going to cry when you sell your dad's stuff. I am glad that I was able to buy some stuff. I know that each of the items I bought were special.

Janet, Restriction, what the hell is that? I can eat non stop. What is full? Can't figure that out either. So the reality is that I either stretched my pouch or my band has a leak. Yesterday for lunch we stopped at a restraunt. I chose what I thought was the best food selection, a 1/2 of sandwich with loads of pistrami, lettuce, tomatoe, onion. I ate the whole damn thing. This was no whimpy sandwich. It was on a slice of whole wheat bread, not a bun and no dressing. But did I feel any restriction. NO. Right now, I don't feel like I even have a band. I don't even have trouble with things sticking. I know the band is a tool, but I don't feel any different than when I was pre-band. The amount of food that I 'can' eat is huge.

So the question is: How can I need a fill, when 1 1/2 months ago I was tight. Last night I was trying to find some food ideas on the internet and ran across a booklet that a lapband doc gives his patients. It said no straws. I always use a straw. But it said that using straws will stretch out the pouch. Do any of you know about using straws? I guess I will need to go get a fill.

DD#4 does help out with the household budget as much as she can. She pays the cell phone bill and buys part of the groceries. But she has some medical bills that she has to pay. My house payment takes 1/2 my salary and then I have medical bills that take up about 1/4 of my salary. in 2004, I had to go to Duke Medical Center to have reconstructive surgery for pelvic organ prolapse. It was my 3rd surgery in as many years. So I am still paying on that.

My confusion about sliders vs non sliders is...what makes a slider. If it is based upon texture, I would think that eggs, any casserole, lunch meat would be sliders. If salad is a slider then shouldn't most veggies be sliders?

So now I am one of those needy patients.