Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning ladies!

Just a quick check in. Do I say that every day??? I'm getting to be too predictable.

I have a question for Karri!!! Did you really say a POUND of fruit when you gave those calorie totals? Did you MEAN a pound???? My body is definitely craving melons and berries this month and they are soft enough that I"m not getting stuck on them. But a POUND??? I can eat a WHOLE watermelon??? Come to mama!!!!

I slept very well last night. I feel really good today. Still very tired but I know that is because my body has not gotten its meds lately. I have a much better outlook today though. For that I'm thankful. I feel stronger.

Okay....gotta run. Have a great day ladies. Love you!

I ATE TACO SALAD!!! I ATE TACO SALAD!!! I DIDN'T GET STUCK!!!

Okay...no big deal I guess...but it's the first real food that hasn't come back in quite a while. More meat and salsa than lettuce, but I'm so excited. It felt sooooo good. Maybe my restriction is lifting a bit. Still going to get some removed but at least I had a meal!

Hi,

I am having major problems with my MS Outlook program... will not even open now... and I use it to totally organize my life... my address book, my calendar, and, of course, my email... all comes through Outlook. I don't know if recently downloaded updates have screwed it up or what but I am extremely frustrated I've been getting these "unable to open folder" messages for days, but if I closed and repopened the program, it would fix it for a little while. Now it won't even open. I'm trying to do a repair, but don't know if it's going to work or not. In the meantime, I'm going to have to go to the gmail site to read my email.

So.... GOOD news...

my knee replacement surgery is scheduled for Aug. 25. I was expecting resistance, but.. none at all. He just reiterated his concerns about infection... 1-2 % for most people, slightly increased by 1/2-1 % for "obese patients". As I said two weeks ago.... my internet research did NOT support that theory at all. He told me all the degrees of infection that could involve and how he would treat them down to the worse case scenario.

Interesting tidbit... while I was waiting in the examining room... I was reading all the stuff on the walls... testing my new contacts to see how well I can read. One thing posted was a list of all the Rx, OTC, herbs, etc. to discontinue 1-2 weeks prior to surgery and guess what was on the list???

PAPAYA!!

Apparently it increases the risk of bleeding!

WHO KNEW!!

I DO need to curtail my use of that stuff!

I'm going to a knee replacement pre-op class on Aug. 6th, pre-op appt on the Aug. 13th and check in at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. on Aug. 25th. He said traveling south for the winter should not be a problem. I'm assuming I'll probably have to be in the area for about 6 weeks, though. If rehab goes well, maybe we can get out of here by Oct. 1st. We'll just have to wait and see.

HI, I'm still with you. I THOUGHT I'd have more time now that it's summer, but somehow it doesn't feel that way. I always think of the 4th as the half way point--can't believe it's this weekend! We had about 2 days when we needed AC, (while I was getting ready for the garage sale) and today I was tempted to turn the fire place on. They predicted 70's and sun today--HA! Try maybe a cloudy 65! How you doin, Phly?

Hope you had a great BD, Kari--yesterday was DS's 30th too. Of course that meant going out for dinner and cake, which I managed to avoid mostly.

Cora and Grammy day is moved to Tuesdays now b/c mom's work schedule got changed. It was too cold to do much more than take her to Target and do some other errands--hoing to take her to a little Water park next week--we'll see. She is getting more mobile now, and i've forgotten how much exercise you get running after a baby in an un-babyproofed house! We did get a baby gate for the stairs, but this week she was facinated by the dog's food and Water dishes and all the new nooks and crannys to explore. LOVE IT! Attached (I hope) a new pic of her and all 5 teeth:

post-221018-13813138532867_thumb.jpg

HI, I'm still with you. I THOUGHT I'd have more time now that it's summer, but somehow it doesn't feel that way. I always think of the 4th as the half way point--can't believe it's this weekend! We had about 2 days when we needed AC, (while I was getting ready for the garage sale) and today I was tempted to turn the fire place on. They predicted 70's and sun today--HA! Try maybe a cloudy 65! How you doin, Phly?

Hope you had a great BD, Kari--yesterday was DS's 30th too. Of course that meant going out for dinner and cake, which I managed to avoid mostly.

Cora and Grammy day is moved to Tuesdays now b/c mom's work schedule got changed. It was too cold to do much more than take her to Target and do some other errands--hoing to take her to a little Water park next week--we'll see. She is getting more mobile now, and i've forgotten how much exercise you get running after a baby in an un-babyproofed house! We did get a baby gate for the stairs, but this week she was facinated by the dog's food and Water dishes and all the new nooks and crannys to explore. LOVE IT! Attached (I hope) a new pic of her and all 5 teeth:

ADORABLE BABY!!

What a cutie! I love her grin!

I'm doing better... especialy not that I have that surgery date. Looking forward to more mobility, more exercise, more walking without pain, etc. I am so glad he agreed to do the surgery this summer because I'm afraid if I had to wait until next summer, our wonderful politicians may have totally screwed up our health care system by then and I'd be looking at more delays, red tape, etc.

I do think maybe that 50 mg of Zoloft might not be enough as I still feel kind of dragged out. I can't get back for a reassessment until I'm on it a couple of weeks, and then it's time for our trip... so will have to wait until early August.

Our weather has really been fairly nice, though I wish it was a little warmer. Everyone will be complaining (except for me) if it really hits 80 today and tomorrow is supposed to be warmer. People will be whining about it being too hot and I'll just be warming up!! LOL

Janet,

Karla is taunting us with those Margarita references... she says she's going to win the current challenge and WE have to buy her a Margarita!

12_13_2.gif

Phyl--Great news! I'm so happy!!

Thank you, thank you!

I wish I could truly enjoy. Glad someone else is rejoicing with me~~

Someone I live with is in a horrible, nasty foul mood today! He had to have "photos", digital, I think, taken of his eyes this morning, and apparently it was not a pleasant procedure and 4 hours later his eyes are still bothering him.

But he was in the tank prior to that... frustrations over registering this '53 Chevy our SIL gave him, getting insurance and title, etc. It wasn't THAT complicated, but he doesn't do well with that kind of stuff. So he was tossing insurance papers around the living room and having a temper tantrum bright and early this morning! Ane whenever he can't find what he needs, it's MY fault!

Thank you, thank you!

I wish I could truly enjoy. Glad someone else is rejoicing with me~~

Someone I live with is in a horrible, nasty foul mood today! He had to have "photos", digital, I think, taken of his eyes this morning, and apparently it was not a pleasant procedure and 4 hours later his eyes are still bothering him.

But he was in the tank prior to that... frustrations over registering this '53 Chevy our SIL gave him, getting insurance and title, etc. It wasn't THAT complicated, but he doesn't do well with that kind of stuff. So he was tossing insurance papers around the living room and having a temper tantrum bright and early this morning! Ane whenever he can't find what he needs, it's MY fault!

ROFL!!! I know I shouldn't laugh at you but honestly your descriptions make me so happy. Sounds just like my DH! I'm not sure what type of pictures he had taken of his eyes but I had mapping done when I was having my lasik done...It was a little uncomfortable but not that bad. The worst has always been the exams. I'm sure it's just a combination of all things. Poor poor guy....ROFL!!!

He needs a good swift kick....and you better let him know to enjoy it while you CAN'T do it because he's asking for a butt kickin if he throws these little temper tantrums after your knees are better!

You're the best!

Phyl

Congratulations on 8/25 knee surgery !!!! I am so happy for you!!! I can't imagine how much pain you are in doing things that I take for granted.... I am just elated this morning with that bit of good news!!!!!

I downloaded the firefox and am using that instead of aol and i am not having the reload problems and on the 50 thread I read where we have 2 sites a beta and this one - I don't know what they were talking about - I don't have time this morning to ck it out.. Hope you get the computer issues worked out - it's hell when the damn thing doesn't work !!!

Hope that person you live with is in a better mood today...

Yep they love to blame anyone but themselves !!!

Since DS & DIL are still most likely in a tiff - I really don't even want to go up there today - but have to take Kaitlin home.. If there is tons of anger feelings and fighting or not talking when I get up there - I plan to turn around and come home - I don't need or want to be around that at all...

So wish me luck..

Oh - well I'll buy Kari a margarita !!! for winning the challenge - so far I am maintaning 137.5 yesterday - So I'm happy :0)

We will see what it is next thrusday after this weekend :0)

Linda - Cora is BEAUTIFUL... Enjoy this stage of her life cuz as you already know they grow up so fast !!!

Steph - Glad you are feeling better and got to eat real food..

Well Gang - I just wanted to pop in before I left - I haven't even packed - well I only need clothes for 3 days and it's not like we will be going out - so just capri's & tshirts..

8_14_12.gif 14_1_108.gif 8_14_13.gif 8_14_10.gif

I am schedule to come home monday - but you may see me before that :0)

Happy 4th of July !!!

Love to all - You guys are my salvation and I want you all to know how much I enjoy you all and am glad you are all in my life!!!

Hugs & Kisses - Janet

Love you too, Janet! Only 3 weeks till Canada. . .yeah!!! I sure hope your weekend is uneventful--I wonder how Katlin feels about going back to all of that?

Phly--I'm so glad that you are joining us in Canada! Sounds like you really need a break and to be sourrounded by friends for a few days. Give the meds a few more days. I remember when I started taking them--i doubted it too, but then one day I found myself sitting on the floor playing with my kids and I realized that I haden't done that for a very long time. that's when I knew that the meds were helping. I'm really glad that you're starting them now b/c as you know, it's not unusual to get really depressed post op with all the pain and narcotics. At least you'll have a decent level of serotonin in your brain to counter some of that. Did your surgeon tell you to add some Protein Drinks back into your diet? You'll need that for healing. Time to boost up your nutritional status. More important than ever to eat healthy!

Candice--I love it that you can keep up while you're in France. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and pics. It'll be so fun to hear the details first hand!

Still in the 60's, damp, and cloudy. Will this ever end? Geez!

Hey Phyl - sounds like it's Earl's TOM.

LOL!

He just had too much frustration to deal with yesterday.

He's fine now. He cheered up after he had his glass of wine yesterday afternoon.

I'm having a lot of computer problems this week. Internet seems to be okay now, but Outlook won't open, so have to get my mail from gmail site and I can't synch my Blackberry...

extrememly frustrating!

TOPS ladies were talking about these Orowheat rolls the other day.. they're like hamburger Buns but half the thickness and only 100 caloires. I bought some... they come in Whole Wheat and Multigrain. Pretty goood... but a whole one is still a bit much for me.

Also, the Hebrew National hot dogs that Karri talks about... they're usually $5.49 but Safeway has them on sale right now for $2.99. I bought two packages... only 40 calories each.

Happy 4th

everyone!

(Candice too)

YES! And what a lovely day we're having here in the NW!!

It's a gorgeous day! I think it's supposed to be in the mid 80's today. We're hanging out at home and having a BBQ with a few of the neighbors this afternoon. We might go to church to watch the fireworks tonight. They're having a big display complete with professional pyrotechnicians and I heard it was excellent last year. However, I must confess, I'm not a big fan of the big loud noises! So we may just decide to stay home and watch the Boston Pops & NYC displays on TV. I think they're broadcasting one of the local Seattle shows, too.

Internet was down briefly yesterday because of a fire downtown in a big communications hub. A FB friend helped me figure out how to fix my Outlook program, so I'm back in business with all my techy stuff making me a much happier camper!

14_1_108.gif