Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Good morning ladies. up early this morning. Trying to get it together enough to go for a bike ride this morning while it is still cool. Drinking my coffee that isn't Cafe Vienna and then to the bike. It hit 95 yesterday and is expected to hit there again today. I love spring, but it only last a couple of weeks this year. I feel REALLY cheated. I'm not overly fond of winter or summer, too hot & too cold. Fall is depressing, everything is dieing. It is just too full of death. I wonder, is there a place to live that is spring all year round? Right around 77 all the time. Candice, 40 degrees celsius is 104 degrees farenhiet. Damn that's hot. I would be sitting in air conditioning swearing at the weather. Montana gets in the 100's during August and I hate it. Unfortunately my house doesn't have central air, so we sit inside sweating or go outside and sweat. Sweating is my least favorite thing to do, right up there with slogging to work when it is 20 below zero. I really need to find a different place to live. Steph is even hotter than I am because she is on the 'flat land', I am at least in some kind of mountain.

Speaking of Steph, I called yesterday and left her a message. I haven't heard back. I know she needed to go to Bismark to get an unfill, and that her DH was really missing her with all the traveling she has been doing. I think she was heading to Lincoln after Helena, but I didn't think she was planning on staying. Steph, where are you.

I'm headed to a jewelry party tonight at a friends house. We are planning a little post school celebration of drinks on the deck. So I will have to nurse my drink because of the calories. I did find a place that you can order sugar free margarita mix. I'm thinking on ordering some. I'm not a huge drinker, but I would like to know that when I choose an adult beverage I can consume it without ALL the guilt, just some.

food plan for today, Protein smoothie, chicken salad, and haven't thought of dinner.

I'll check in later, have a good one.

The sugar free margarita mix is actually pretty good. I would make mine virgin because I dont' like the alcohol, but when I was on Atkins I actually drank it quite often. They also have diet cranberry juice that you could mix with vodka. I dont' know how carbonated Mike's hard lemonade is, but they do make a light version of that as well.

Hey look at that...I CAN make alcoholic drinks healthy!!!

Good Morning Gang ...

Candice - it's it funny how fast time goes by when you are away from home - it drags at home but when you are out and about it flys by...

LMAO - harder without me - I doubt it - I bet pple get sick and tired of me preaching :0) !!! I know I would :0) but I can't help it - I am a know it all lol lol and very very opinionated :0)

I agree - I don't like teenage girls - Hell teenage boys are a pain in the butt - but girls no I rather deal with boys..

My financial advisor is an Edward Jones guy :0)

Karla

Crystal light and alcohal too - there are tons of way to have a cocktail and make it a little lighter.. I'm not a big drinker either but when I go out I do drink - tequilla and tonic - or a lemon drop martini :0)...

My dinner 5 oz fish broc and rice - I was nice and full - no after dinner snacks..

Karri - My DD you could/can make anything thing in a liter verision !!!! And occaissionally DH gets to you to have a glass of wine :0) Hows your school planning coming along??

Phyl - Where are you - what adventures have you had this week...

Denise - How long did you ground DS?? How's he behaveing now...

Kari - What's on your agenda today.. Soda or no soda :0)

Linda - Were are you - 3 weeks from thrusday we will all be together :0)

Ok just cking in - cbl - Hugs -

Okay ladies. I was supposed to be out mowing the lawn an hour ago but thought I would pop in and catch up. Ooops. I guess the lawn grew some more while I was trying to catch up. I have to admit I started skimming 5 pages ago! Sorry. Not that you aren't all important, just that I have to get something done or Jeff will flip.

Karla, I didn't get a message from you. Nothing on my voicemail or on my missed calls. Sorry. I would have called back.

Candice, I am very very jealous of your fabulous vacation but it gives me hope that there is lots of fun things left after retirement :thumbup:

Phyl, I'm curious about your progress with the ortho and the pulmo guys. Has the zoloft helped at all yet. It does take time. I have been horrible about my pills since I've been gone. Out of my habits and I can tell I haven't been taking my zoloft or my thyroid. I have to get back to those.

Janet, I don't have diet mentality, just too tight to eat food. I KNOW I can't live like this but I've been 500 miles from home which is 200 miles from doc so 700 miles was not going to happen. Will be making an appointment for next week. Can't do it this week. Just way too many commitments right now. I have to get something taken out, but can only do what I can do. Doing what I can, but do know that if I can't live with my choices for life, the choices are wrong.

I have a million things to share. Horror story from Nicks birthday. Lord, love a duck! I need to go mow the lawn. I will talk to you all later tonight.

Love you all and miss you horrible. Im back and will catch you all up. Today is actually the first time I've turned on the computer since Wednesday I think...maybe Thursday.

Hugs....will be back later!

Okay ladies. I was supposed to be out mowing the lawn an hour ago but thought I would pop in and catch up. Ooops. I guess the lawn grew some more while I was trying to catch up. I have to admit I started skimming 5 pages ago! Sorry. Not that you aren't all important, just that I have to get something done or Jeff will flip.

Karla, I didn't get a message from you. Nothing on my voicemail or on my missed calls. Sorry. I would have called back.

Candice, I am very very jealous of your fabulous vacation but it gives me hope that there is lots of fun things left after retirement :cursing:

Phyl, I'm curious about your progress with the ortho and the pulmo guys. Has the zoloft helped at all yet. It does take time. I have been horrible about my pills since I've been gone. Out of my habits and I can tell I haven't been taking my zoloft or my thyroid. I have to get back to those.

Janet, I don't have diet mentality, just too tight to eat food. I KNOW I can't live like this but I've been 500 miles from home which is 200 miles from doc so 700 miles was not going to happen. Will be making an appointment for next week. Can't do it this week. Just way too many commitments right now. I have to get something taken out, but can only do what I can do. Doing what I can, but do know that if I can't live with my choices for life, the choices are wrong.

I have a million things to share. Horror story from Nicks birthday. Lord, love a duck! I need to go mow the lawn. I will talk to you all later tonight.

Love you all and miss you horrible. Im back and will catch you all up. Today is actually the first time I've turned on the computer since Wednesday I think...maybe Thursday.

Hugs....will be back later!

Hi Stephanie, glad you took the time to pop in, even if it was SHORT AND SWEET.

Finished reading a really good book today.... LOOK AGAIN by Lisa Scottoline, think I picked itup at Walmart just befoare I left Canada. I was crying the last 4 chapters... really a good read....

Hey, is Jeff still considering Lapband??? whats the progress on that?

And what happened at DS birthday party????

and yes, there is plenty of cool stuff to do after retirement... although I don't think its still hit Peter just yet... don't think it'll hit him until Sept/Oct... but I'll be there to hug him and make it all better :-)

Turkeyscewers BBQ'd for dinner tonight, Bryan is such a good cook... I don't think I've cooked supper since we've been here???? Breaky a couple of times.. that's it. How spoiled am I????

Well, I am being tasked with Playing CARDS so I'd best sign off for now..

Love C

p.s. Tomorrow is CANADA DAY!!!! :thumbup:

Steph, glad to know you are alive. We were worried, hell, I was worried that Jeff chained you to a chair so you wouldn't leave again. I know you thrive on curriculum stuff, me to, but maybe you need to slow down a bit. Now don't throw anything at me, I love you and am just worried. I know that if I was as tight as you that you'd come and slap me and then haul me off to the dr. Do we need an intervention? IF you don't get an unfill next week, the intervention is on!! How do you expect to function without your depression meds and thyroid meds. The thyroid is NOTHING to mess around with. Have you read the impact on your body without it? I have to be honest, everytime I go to the dr. they check my thyroid. Each time I hope that it finally is at the right number. But alas, it is ALWAYS just below the # needed to be on synthenoid. Okay, enough lecturing, see, Janet is starting rub off on me. Just remember it is all with love.

Okay ladies, road my bike to the grocery store this morning, 6 miles round trip, not a huge amount, but I am still recovering from the pond building at work. Some bitchy lady yelled at me from her car about not being on the bike path. Well first of all, were I was, there wasn't a path, second, I was observing the bike in traffic rules. So I guess I won't ride to the store again. I will go the other direction. When I got home, I sprayed weeds and pulled weeds for 2 hours. I figure the both will go towards the calories I will have for tonight's adult beverage (s). Going over to a friends for a jewelry party and then after everyone leaves we are celebrating the end of school (I think I mentioned that already, sorry, early alzheimers).

Talked to mom this morning, I guess dad had a better day yesterday. He was able to walk into the dr. office with his walker. This is a first. When they were done, he wanted to go out for dinner and he went into the restaurant WITHOUT his walker. Naturally he is exhausted today, but he has some normal living. I guess his lung has some Fluid in it, but the doc is going to leave it alone for right now since dad is feeling better. I head up on Thursday and mom only has landline at a snail's pace so I probably will be out of touch until Sunday night.

Karla, have a great visit with your Dad... sounds like he was having a Great Day... Thank God for that!

Have fun tonight!

Question for tonight discussion....

Do I need an unfill? There are times that I can eat a 'normal amount', ex: 3-4 oz of steak, or 2 oz of pistrami with lettuse, 100 cal bag of popcorn, others where 2 bites will cause me to stick. I 'think' I am eating more solids, ex: chicken salad with chopped onions, celery, and pineapple tidbits. I can eat cooked carrots, corn, peas, greenbeans, but not aspargus. I know that my 1/2 c lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries, craisins, & almonds is probably a slider, but it does keep me full until dinner. I'm not anxious to go for an unfill, because I won't be able to afford to go back for a refill for months. But I am putting the question out there. I am so affraid to start gaining weight. I'd appreciate your imput here. Should I be able to eat more? Am I not eating enough solids. I know we have hashed this out before, but I am a slow learner, and I need to make a decision about whether I should go for the unfill.

Question for tonight discussion....

Do I need an unfill? There are times that I can eat a 'normal amount', ex: 3-4 oz of steak, or 2 oz of pistrami with lettuse, 100 cal bag of popcorn, others where 2 bites will cause me to stick. I 'think' I am eating more solids, ex: chicken salad with chopped onions, celery, and pineapple tidbits. I can eat cooked carrots, corn, peas, greenbeans, but not aspargus. I know that my 1/2 c lowfat cottage cheese with blueberries, craisins, & almonds is probably a slider, but it does keep me full until dinner. I'm not anxious to go for an unfill, because I won't be able to afford to go back for a refill for months. But I am putting the question out there. I am so affraid to start gaining weight. I'd appreciate your imput here. Should I be able to eat more? Am I not eating enough solids. I know we have hashed this out before, but I am a slow learner, and I need to make a decision about whether I should go for the unfill.

Based on my observations at the lake...take it for what it is worth....

My initial reaction is yes. There was a lot of good food there that you should have been able to eat. Pork roast, roast beef, charcoal chicken (LOL...okay eat, I didn't say enjoy), burrito...

I know that some of the reason you didn't was because of fear of eating something and getting stuck in public. I SOOOO know that feeling. I eat a lot of sliders in public because it isn't worth the embarrassment of what COULD happen. However, what you were subsisting on is not what you could survive on for life. That has always been what has been my picture of ideal. Can you eat what you are eating for the rest of your life? If the answer is "No, I want to be able to eat steak and chicken, and pork, and fish, and this and that, and all those other good for me foods." then you need an unfill. If you are wanting an unfill so that you can eat bread and Bagels, and donuts, and fries, and that sort of stuff, then it's a head issue and not a stomach issue that you need to deal with.

I KNOW that I need an unfill. If I could have gone back 2 days after my fill I would have, however I left town the next day. I am way too tight. I can't eat solid food. I had cottage cheese and melon for lunch and that was good, but this morning couldn't drink a Protein drink. I can't live like this. No way no how. I may lose, but it will come right back when I can eat again because I'll binge. I'm feeling like I am dieting and I don't/can't/won't diet.

Try this....Figure out what you would like to eat for a month. Good healthy foods. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks. Look at their calories, protien, all the rest and make sure it's a balanced diet. Next, ask yourself if that menu is one you could live with for the rest of your life. When it is, look at it and ask yourself, "what of this can't I eat because I'm afraid of it getting stuck." Strike all of that stuff. Is your menu still something you can live with? If not....you need an unfill.

It may take some time to sit down and come up with those foods. It will take some soul searching to decide whether some of those comfort foods are healthy. Trust me, cream tuna on toast was a killer for me to give up. I wanted to say it HAD to be on my menu and if I couldn't eat it, I was too tight. However, it wasn't really a healthy choice...it went bbye. Still a comfort food and I love to make it for the family sometimes...I just eat a little of the tuna and something more solid for my meal. Be honest with what you can live with. Deprived spells disaster.

I would say that I'm at a healthy fill when I can eat kashi and yogurt for Breakfast, lunchmeat lettuce wraps for lunch, and pork, chicken, or sausage for dinner. Fruits and veggies have never been a problem if those protiens were alright. That's what I can live with. Before this last fill I could eat just about ANYTHING in any amount. Now I can't eat any of anything. Deprivation is definitely spelling disaster!

Remember that this is for life! Not for "until you figure it out." Janet's meals don't sound like something I could do for life. That's fine because that is me. It works for her. I don't like fish well enough. Karri is a morning eater where Janet eats at night. Both are successful because they have found something they can do....forever....and not feel deprived. They LIKE their meal plans. They LIKE the food they are eating. They LIKE the results. They LOVE their lives. They are definitely successful.

Hope this helps. Done preaching.

Okay ladies. I'm going to share with you my horror of the 25th. It's a long story so please bear with me.

The 25th was Nick's 5th birthday and I planned on spending the day just the two of us having a really good time at a variety of places in my hometown.

We first went to lunch at Ronald McDonalds because there is no better place on earth for a 5 year old! Then we went to the hometown park with the coolest playground every. He played there for an hour or two. Had a great time. Then we went to the Exploration Center. He built a dam, played with an earthquake table, wall sized geo-board....it was AWESOME! Then we went to the carosel where he rode 4 different animals. For his last ride my brother and SIL brought Jaimison down. We were all going to meet up for an estate auction. However, my mom didn't feed Jaimison before she left because of her tendancy to get car sick. Poor kiddo didn't feel really great AND was hungry.

So I went to the grocery store and picked up some bottled Water for them. Then, Nick was begging for more McD's and since Jaimi hadn't eaten I figured what the heck.

So I drive over to the auction. It's on a fairly busy street. I pulled up across from the house and sit there for a few minutes trying to figure out my best plan of action with the kids. They need to eat, they need some quiet time (nick from all the comotion of the day and Jai from riding in the car), and it's rush hour. I figure I'll give them their food and let them eat in the car while I scope out auction area for safety and such. I decided that the place I parked was not the best place because if there was an issue, Nick would have to cross the traffic to get to me. So I drive around the block and park on the same side of street two houses down.

Next I have to figure out how to best leave them in the car. Jai is in her carseat so she can't get out. Nick usually sits quietly so I'm not overly worried. I rolled down all the windows and Nick complains that the sun is in his eyes. I roll his up and Jai wants hers up too. Now I only have the front windows open and I'm worried that there won't be enough air. It's only 78 degrees but we all know how hot cars can get. I don't want to leave the car running because something freak could happen and Nick could put it in drive...even though that possibility is super slim. So I decide to turn off the engine but leave the keys "on" so that the blower will keep the air moving. In order for Nick to do something freak he would have to push the brake, turn the key off, turn the key back on and THEN put it in gear. I feel very confident that is not a possibility. I sit in the car and explain to Nick where he will find me. There were flags waving and an arrow. I'm only 2 houses away in the yard.

So I go check in, decide that they can come out of the car when they finish their meal...the yard if fenced. In about 10 minutes I go back to check on them to make sure they are alright. The car in front of me has moved and it is shady ahead so I move the car forward so it's only next door to where I am. Kids are still eating. Jai has finished her Water and I get her more, I make sure she is securely buckled and go back to the auction.

I walk back to check on them in about 10-15 minutes. Pretty sure they will be finished with their food...or as finished as they are going to get. Not sure exactly how long but not long. Standing there are two police women. And now my hell starts.

The ladies ask me if this is my vehicle...yes. Are these my children...yes. Did I know I left the keys in the ignition and my windows rolled down....yes. The neighbor had called the police because someone could have come and stolen my car with the kids in it. Are you kidding me? I'm not in the big city. The number of stranger car thefts in Helena is MAYBE one a week. That's probably pushing it. I wasn't parked in a bad neighborhood. Across from the golf course. Not a pedestrian high traffic spot. Who in the hell would be walking by looking for a car to steal there? No ONE! I explain that the possiblity of someone stealing my car was not one of my thoughts when I left the kids. They didn't want to hear what I had to say. They wanted to see me cry. The one lady wasn't very nice. I explained to the one that I was sorry. I didn't think about car theft. That I thought I was leaving the kids in the safest place for them considering the circumstances. She didn't want to listen. So....I got a ticket for endangering the welfare of minors.

I had to go to court. What a horrible experience. The judge was so nice, he handed me a box of kleenex, told me to take a deep breath, told me to plead not guilty and find a lawyer. He said no one was going to call me horrible names and we would take care of it. He said he couldn't listen to my story...but that between the lawyer and city attorney it would get figured out. The clerk was so nice. Told me what to do next. It was so horrible but nice also. Good to know that the justice system isn't HORRIBLE. I had nightmares the night before of them taking my kids away.

Anyways....now I need to find a lawyer in Helena....while I'm 500 miles away. I didn't want to plead guilty because I didn't know how that would effect my teaching license. Yes I left them. I did not, and still do not, think I was putting them in danger. I did it and will plead guilty if that is what my lawyer tells me to do.

So that was my son's 5th birthday. It was an amazing day that ended in heartbreak. Please know how much I love my children. How I would NEVER leave them where I thought they were in danger....not for a minute. I hope you all know me that well. Stupidity is involved...but not cruelty.

So that is why the 26th-29th I didn't feel a great urge to get online. I'm embarrassed sharing it with you all. It sounds so stupid of me. I know that many of you will think I was beyond stupid. Honestly, I did think it was the best thing for the kids.

Anyways...that's my story.

HUGS, STEPH!!!! I can't believe how things have changed in just a few years. I used to leave my kids in the car, run into the store.......no big deal. BUT......we know there are those out there who never should have had kids so we must pay the price for their stupidity. I had something similar happen to me when my son was 18 months old. He figured out how to climb out of his crib. Clawed himself up the side and threw himself over the side. Onto toys, into his toy box, etc. Kid was a mass of bruises. i had to take him to the pediatrician and she took one look at his bruises and admitted him into the hospital.immediately.....do not pass go....do not collect $200.00. And the questions she asked. She all but asked me if I beat my kid. It turned out that no one had informed me that aspirin thinned out the blood and he had one ear infection after another because he was lactose intolerant. It really was a scary time. I was afraid to disapline him because I thought Big Brother was watching etc. So, my prayers are with you.

Janet - No, I'm not thumbing my nose at you. I just like soda.............and it calls to me real loud. You can't ignore it's voice.

Candace- sounds like you're having a great time. Hope you've taken a lot of pictures. Looking forward to seeing them.

Phyl - WHERE ARE YOU??? Has Earl tied you up and keeping you prisoner?

Karla - I'm going thru the same dilemma. Fill or Unfill? Some days I just can't eat enough.. and other days when a couple bites fill me up. BUT........the acid reflux I am suffering at night makes me think I need an unfill. I'm just procrastinating. (I'm good at that)

Still waiting for my passport. Left it to the last minute, as usual. But DD and DH got theirs in seven days. Why should mine be different?

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT. WILL TALK WITH YOU ALL TOMORROW.

Karla

Yes Girl I am rubbing off on you :0) !!!

I think that you could use some taken out - not a lot but a tad

Test 1st - are those times that you get stuck are you eating slowly - chewing etc you know the whole band rules.

That's the hardest part of the band - is getting use to those rules and also the 1st bite thing where you get stuck feelling on the 1st bite - but then can eat your meal if you wait a bit.

I eat regular food - steak, pork chop or pork loin (my new fav thing) chicken- I can eat a taco or enchillda or releno - I can eat Pasta - rice and potatoes - I can eat a bagle (small) I can eat english muffins - Can I eat tons of these things most days no - some days yes - I have eaten 2 taco for dinner plus some bean... I do eat alot of fish -but like Steph say's I like it - but lunch was salad (normal size) and 3 oz of pork loin -

For me mentally I have to be able to eat at least 1 cup food per meal - and I usually eat 1.5 per meal and some days it can be 2 (when it's more it's usually veggies) - So for me that's the real test you need to figure out..

Now that you are home - when you eat concentrate on eating slowly - chewing etc and see how much you can eat...

And like Steph says - this is for a lifetime - can you continue this tight for the rest of your life..

Steph

Hugs on your ordeal with your son and the cops... Back in the day we use to leave our kids in the car and run into the store .. But now a days things are so much different - heck pple call the cops if you leave your dog in the car (say it a couple of weeks ago at the grocery store)...

Hugs.

Sorry to hear about your incredibly BAD day!

Ortho appt is Thurs but I already have a bad feeling about it. His nurse called me the end of last week to say that they'd gotten all the pre-op tests from my primary care doc and the doctor wanted me to come in to "talk to him". I asked if he was ready to give me a surgery date and she said "he'll talk to you about that when you come in." So I'm thinking he's going to try to talk me out of it again. Saw the pulmonary guy last week and have a repeat sleep study scheduled for next week. Zoloft... slight improvement after one week.

Okay ladies, road my bike to the grocery store this morning, 6 miles round trip, not a huge amount, but I am still recovering from the pond building at work. Some bitchy lady yelled at me from her car about not being on the bike path. Well first of all, were I was, there wasn't a path, second, I was observing the bike in traffic rules. So I guess I won't ride to the store again. I will go the other direction.

Talked to mom this morning, I guess dad had a better day yesterday. He was able to walk into the dr. office with his walker. This is a first. When they were done, he wanted to go out for dinner and he went into the restaurant WITHOUT his walker. Naturally he is exhausted today, but he has some normal living. I guess his lung has some Fluid in it, but the doc is going to leave it alone for right now since dad is feeling better. I head up on Thursday and mom only has landline at a snail's pace so I probably will be out of touch until Sunday night.

WA state bike riders are militant. Wouldn't DARE yell at one! They rule the road. A lot of the streets/roads have bike lanes. And there are miles and miles of trails.

Glad your Dad is doing better!

Candice..... hope you had a HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

13_16_18v.gif

Hi Stephanie, glad you took the time to pop in, even if it was SHORT AND SWEET.

Finished reading a really good book today.... LOOK AGAIN by Lisa Scottoline, think I picked itup at Walmart just befoare I left Canada. I was crying the last 4 chapters... really a good read....

Hey, is Jeff still considering Lapband??? whats the progress on that?

And what happened at DS birthday party????

and yes, there is plenty of cool stuff to do after retirement... although I don't think its still hit Peter just yet... don't think it'll hit him until Sept/Oct... but I'll be there to hug him and make it all better :-)

Turkeyscewers BBQ'd for dinner tonight, Bryan is such a good cook... I don't think I've cooked supper since we've been here???? Breaky a couple of times.. that's it. How spoiled am I????

Well, I am being tasked with Playing CARDS so I'd best sign off for now..

Love C

p.s. Tomorrow is CANADA DAY!!!! :P

Candice

Is Canada day like our 4th of July - I know it's on my calendar at work...

Well ladies, got home about 40 min ago, took a shower and had a snack, had to make my bed, who thought it was a good day to change the sheets and NOT put them back on, so now I am just crawling into bed and it is almost 2am. I haven't been up this late since the baby who is 19 was 2, I guess I'm a wild and crazy party girl. Had a fabulous visit with my friend. We sat on her back porch and drank a little wine and solved the problems of the teaching world. Now because of Phyll I can't shut the light off yet because I have crops that will waste if I don't go and harvest. I want that white farm house on farm town and if I don't harvest tonight I will lose 70,000 coins.

Steph love to you, we have talked it out and you know I am only a call away AND if you need me there in person, say the word and I'll be there!!!!

Good night you all, or should I say good morning.

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY

KARRI

:P:party::)

WISHING YOU THE HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!

LOOK AT ALL THAT YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SINCE YOUR LAST BIRTHDAY !!!!

SO PROUD OF YOU !!!

LOVE MOM