Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Well, best get busy, I have a little time before going to work, can I get packed for a week in 1 hour? Good question? Would appreciate any imput on the weight loss 'holding pattern'? Too tight? probably, Ate the wrong foods at Canyon Ferry? Schmirnoff, Not exerciseing enough? Walked 13.5 mi with Steph. So is this it??? Destined to be fat all my life?

Karla,

There are some things that you can do to help ensure success and in reality they are very easy. But you have to commit to them. You can't do them here and there. At the beginning you MUST follow EVERY rule. It is later on when you get to maintenance that you can slack off a little on the following things. The following is what I did when I was in the losing phase. I was incredibly rigid (and so was Janet). I am not as rigid now...but I learned the tools so that if I needed to go back to them I could. It takes 28 days of constant use to create a habit. If you haven't been doing something consistently for 28 days it is not going to be a habit. A new lifestyle is changing the habits of the past.

1. Made a menu of all the food I was going to eat for the day and stuck to it. (If it wasn't on my menu...I didn't eat it. This allowed me to know what foods I needed in the house and made shopping and dinner planning easier).

2. Ate my Protein first, followed by veggies. I didn't eat a whole lot of carbs. I was an Atkins girl so this was very easy. However, I didn't cut out carbs in total. I would have a VERY small serving of them so that I didn't feel like I was being deprived.

3. Ate 1 cup of food (most of that was protein). If I couldn't eat a cup of food or I couldn't eat much protein I knew I needed an unfill. I lost 85% of my weight completely unfilled. That doesn't mean that you can, but I think my sweet spot would probably have been right above an unfill (like 0.5) but my fill nurse kept overfilling me. If YOU CAN'T EAT YOU WILL PROBABLY NOT LOSE WEIGHT! Your body will revolt and you risk MAJOR damage to your band if you try to eat and are too filled. Even being tight when you drink Protein Drinks you are still going to be hungry because it goes right through...so you end up drinking more. Even the Atkins shakes have 150 calories and I have seen protein drinks upwards of 450 calories if you count all the servings that are in there.

4. You have to have a plan when you go out. Anticipate your calories. Everyone under the sun knew that I had the band so they didn't think twice when I would bring my own food with me. I am more self conscious about doing it now, but when I was losing, I didn't care. If we went to a party I would take my own food and my own drinks. My weight loss was more important to me than people thinking I was weird. I don't drink alcohol so that was never a problem for me. But if I had, I would have calculated it into my calories. I think that if you plan for that you might realize that the calories in there just aren't worth it...but then again, maybe not.

5. Exercise. Good for you on the 13.5 miles of walking...but if that isn't regular, then it isn't going to do anything. You need to do 30-60 minutes of consistent exercise 5-6 days per week. You don't need to run...walking will do just fine. Janet's main exercise is walking but as you progress you are going to have to either increase the distance, intensity (speed or incline) to keep up with the weight loss. You burn less calories as you get smaller.

I think that I read earlier that you had last 45 or so pounds. My doc said that the band will usually cause you to lose 30-40% of the weight without you doing much. But if you want to lose MORE, then it is all up to you. Yeah...it is tough. Not being able to eat foods that you want, exercising when you are tired and sore, and feeling like it is a never ending battle is a BITCH. IT IS F'ING HARD. But it is worth it. The phrase...nothing tastes as good as thin feels probably means very little to you because it didn't to me. I didn't know what thin felt like. But now I do and believe me...there is no feeling quite like it. My feeling that I can do ANYTHING now is great. I don't ever have to worry about not being able to keep up or fitting in. I can just roll out of bed and face any challenge that might come my way.

As for the holding pattern...it could be that you had gained and then lost. I weighed daily so I would always know. I am not saying you should be as obsessed with the scale as I was, but the scale is a tool and while you are losing it will help you make adjustments.

As for the challenge, we could most certainly start one, but you also need to be able to do it on your own. Make your own challenge. We don't like to let other people down so we tend to perform better on challenges with other people, but it is very important to not let ourselves down.

So I can't guarantee that what I told you will cause you to lose weight, but I didn't have a single week that I didn't lose something. My lowest week was a 1 pound loss and that was when I was overfilled. I averaged 3 pounds per week.

One last piece of advice, tinker with recipes that you like. I could usually get a 500+ calorie per serving recipe down to below 300. I would be willing to look at some of your recipes and try to help you.

Well I need to get going. I have an 8 mile run to get in today.

OK It's official: I regained the whole pound that I lost during the 2-week challenge :) So now I'm back to square one. I'm going to have to redouble my efforts. I can do better than this. I know what I have to do. I just have to do it! Why is this so difficult? I'm pretty sure I'm tight enough--I still have reflux sometimes and can't sleep if I eat after 6 pm. I know I need to be more disciplined. Get tough. Just do it!

Time to leave for church. Then it's the Dad's day pig-out and Bible Study tonight. I know it sounds selfish, but I'd rather just stay in bed all day than have to deal with all the people and food.< /p>

Hi, Linda,

So how did the day go???

Dad's Day Pig-Out.....?? Did you go out to eat?

We were pleasantly surprised when DGD, DGS and even SIL's older daughter & her two little ones showed up for church this morning... so we had quite a crowd when we went to lunch afterwards. DD & SIL are both doing WW, so we were sitting with them and we all ordered salads... the younger folks were eating sandwiches w/fries! We ate at Canyon's... I think it's a chain. Salads are very good, but they're huge! I saved half of mind and just finished it for dinner... I like the "Emporer's" something or other.. kind of Asian with sesame dressing and grilled chicken breast.

I'm getting discouraged again. Hope I have a loss tomorrow morning (TOPS day). I, too, know what I need to do to get going again! scale went up last week. It better be down this week! My stupid bathroom scale says I'm down, but who knows. I can move it around to five different places on the bathroom floor and get five different weights, sometimes with a 10 lb span! Ridiculous! DH picked out a CHEAP scale when we got a new one last summer! The Wii is usually pretty close to accurate... as long as the little feet don't fall off! I haven't been on it much lately. Knee has been acting up. I was doing 45-55 minutes but now I can barely make 30 minutes. I stopped doing so many of the balance exercises and doing some bowling, golf, baseball.. so I am at least doing something. Going to try some balance exercise tonight and see how it goes.

I got my pre-op letter from the ortho surgeon yesterday.. so I can make an appt with my primary care doc now that I"m armed with the list of stuff he wants her to do prior to surgery. Want to get it all done by my next appt with surgeon on July 2.

Hi Gang

Phyl

Sounds like you had a good Father's day with the family and did good eating...

You know your body - it loses big then doesn't for a while and this is why I can't wait for your knee surgery cuz then you will be more mobile and I think that will help tons in the weight lost dept - do you have any Water arobics up there like you do down here...

I think Linda has bible study tonite - so we might not hear from her til tomorrow..

Gosh Candice gone - Steph traveling so is Karla -

Denise & Kari where are you girls !!!!!

Went and got nails done - looked around Marshalls bought some lotion and DGD some hair stuff - then Target - Then winco - home - had a piece of chicken & popcorn - read a little took a 1/2 nap and then cooked lunch for the week BBQ chicken - Steamed some cauliflower for dinner to go with my fish - but I'm not hungry - I think it's the popcorn - ate a big bag around 3..

Called DS and wished him Happy Fathers day - it's not one of my most fav holidays - since I don't have my Dad..

And that's about it...

Well I'm hot - from being outside BBQing - it's suppose to be 113 on Wed ugh !!!

Well I guess I have to count my blessings - its the end of June and just now getting hot...

CBL

Here I am. Just got home from being up north at a Graduation party. food? ????? I won't even touch that with a ten foot pole. Let's just say it left a whole lot to be desired. Or should I say I desired a whole lot? NO WORRY though. After weighing myself yesterday morning and knowing about today's party, I said to my self "Kari, eat, drink and be merry, for on Monday you get back on the program." I even got DH involved to help. I told him I wasn't cooking a whole lot, and no more garlic mashed taters,( he'll take baked) or soda and he said that was okay.

SO..........KARLA AND LINDA

How about a new challenge? I'll even make it easy on us. Five pounds by Canada, July 23. Hopefully it'll be more but....................shall we make a bet, Linda? The one of us who loses the least by the time we get to Canada has to buy the other one a drink. Or, a big hot fudge sundae. Winner's choice. Mqaybe we can get Candace in on it since she'll be living it up in France for two weeks. We can make her work double hard when she gets home.

Okay, I need to get through yet, and it's getting pretty late so, I'll check back tomorrow. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL, sleep TIGHT.

Here I am. Just got home from being up north at a Graduation party. food? ????? I won't even touch that with a ten foot pole. Let's just say it left a whole lot to be desired. Or should I say I desired a whole lot? NO WORRY though. After weighing myself yesterday morning and knowing about today's party, I said to my self "Kari, eat, drink and be merry, for on Monday you get back on the program." I even got DH involved to help. I told him I wasn't cooking a whole lot, and no more garlic mashed taters,( he'll take baked) or soda and he said that was okay.

SO..........KARLA AND LINDA

How about a new challenge? I'll even make it easy on us. Five pounds by Canada, July 23. Hopefully it'll be more but....................shall we make a bet, Linda? The one of us who loses the least by the time we get to Canada has to buy the other one a drink. Or, a big hot fudge sundae. Winner's choice. Mqaybe we can get Candace in on it since she'll be living it up in France for two weeks. We can make her work double hard when she gets home.

Okay, I need to get through yet, and it's getting pretty late so, I'll check back tomorrow. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALL, sleep TIGHT.

Kari

You are living a normal life - we all go a little hog wild every now and then especially after 2 yrs - but the main thing is to get back to eating healthy (no soda :0) ASAP...

I like your challenge - it's reasonable - the 5 in 2 weeks was a bit challenging and not really feasable - that's alot of weight for us to lose in 2 weeks - it's doable but hard..

I vote for the drink - not the hot fudge :0) less calorie in the drink :0)

--------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Gang.....

Not much to report since last night - had fish - fake taters (cauliflower - oh it was good) then a little more popcorn and fudgesicle...

Meeting another Dr Bobby patient for lunch - we do chinesee chick & broc...

Well that's about it for now - Hope you all had a good Fathers Day yesterday..

Hugs J

Cold morning...uh...I mean good morning. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE WEATHER???? Seriously, we got down to below freezing last night. NOT COOL!

So it is the second day of summer and I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants. I WANT MY SHORTS!

Well the scale for me is doing interesting things. I am down 2 pounds in 2 days. I don't think I mentioned here, but when I went in for my annual exam the doc put me on thyroid meds because I have hypothyroidism. I have been tested every year since I was 9 for thyroid problems and my levels have always been fine. Well apparently they were slightly elevated (thyroid levels are opposite...the higher the number the LESS your thyroid works) last year when I had my blood work done for my plastic surgery but since I wasn't complaining of any of the symptoms she didn't put me on meds. Well when I went in the last time, I was complaining. I am CONSTANTLY cold, have pretty low blood pressure, tired a lot, very dizzy, and have thinning hair. So she put me on meds that are supposed to eliminate my symptoms before she even gets the test results back. It is a good thing too, because I passed out 3 times on Saturday. After running I came home and took a shower drank some gatorade and ate Breakfast. Over the next 4 hours I passed out 3 times. DH was scared and wanted to take me to urgent care, but I resisted. I told him that if it happened again we could go in. Fortunately I didn't have to go in! It has gotten better and I wasn't nearly as dizzy yesterday and today no symptoms. She told me it would be just a few days before I started feeling some relief. Now if only the pills would make me feel warmer. One of the effects of the meds though is an increased metabolism. I was convinced that it wouldn't do anything to my scale, but I have eaten maintenance levels and still lost two pounds and TOM is rapidly approaching. I am supposed to keep an eye on the scale and if it starts dropping too rapidly I am supposed to increase my calories. That might freak me out a bit!! I will of course follow her directions to increase calories, but I am having her contact my Lap Band doc so that he understands the situation and if I do lose weight he won't hold up my plastic surgery. I am not going to start upping calories though unless I lose 5+ pounds without trying. I have read a lot of stories of people taking Synthroid and gaining weight because they figured their metabolism would increase so they could eat whatever they wanted. They can't fool me THAT easily.

Well I have my first training for my new job today at noon and I have some rubrics and tests that I want to get written so I had best get busy!

Edited by salsa1877

Cold morning...uh...I mean good morning. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE WEATHER???? Seriously, we got down to below freezing last night. NOT COOL!

So it is the second day of summer and I am wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants. I WANT MY SHORTS!

Well the scale for me is doing interesting things. I am down 2 pounds in 2 days. I don't think I mentioned here, but when I went in for my annual exam the doc put me on thyroid meds because I have hypothyroidism. I have been tested every year since I was 9 for thyroid problems and my levels have always been fine. Well apparently they were slightly elevated (thyroid levels are opposite...the higher the number the LESS your thyroid works) last year when I had my blood work done for my plastic surgery but since I wasn't complaining of any of the symptoms she didn't put me on meds. Well when I went in the last time, I was complaining. I am CONSTANTLY cold, have pretty low blood pressure, tired a lot, very dizzy, and have thinning hair. So she put me on meds that are supposed to eliminate my symptoms before she even gets the test results back. It is a good thing too, because I passed out 3 times on Saturday. After running I came home and took a shower drank some gatorade and ate breakfast. Over the next 4 hours I passed out 3 times. DH was scared and wanted to take me to urgent care, but I resisted. I told him that if it happened again we could go in. Fortunately I didn't have to go in! It has gotten better and I wasn't nearly as dizzy yesterday and today no symptoms. She told me it would be just a few days before I started feeling some relief. Now if only the pills would make me feel warmer. One of the effects of the meds though is an increased metabolism. I was convinced that it wouldn't do anything to my scale, but I have eaten maintenance levels and still lost two pounds and TOM is rapidly approaching. I am supposed to keep an eye on the scale and if it starts dropping too rapidly I am supposed to increase my calories. That might freak me out a bit!! I will of course follow her directions to increase calories, but I am having her contact my Lap Band doc so that he understands the situation and if I do lose weight he won't hold up my plastic surgery. I am not going to start upping calories though unless I lose 5+ pounds without trying. I have read a lot of stories of people taking Synthroid and gaining weight because they figured their metabolism would increase so they could eat whatever they wanted. They can't fool me THAT easily.

Well I have my first training for my new job today at noon and I have some rubrics and tests that I want to get written so I had best get busy!

Can't wait to hear about the new job training - sound like this is going to be the perfect job...

Ya I know that you would worry about increasing the calories- don't think of it that way just have a few more Snacks - I know that's going to freak you but agian I know how bad you want your PS so you can do it....

Weather is weird - I saw that in Wisconsin it was raining and flooding - Linda are you ok... Here in the desert we are finally getting hot but yesterday it said 113 on wed now they have lowered it...

It would be great if I was cold - it would help my a/c bill :0)

Hello ladies, quick stop in before heading to my next workshop session. I am here with teacher's from my school, but no one I am fond of. Steph, Pam is here from Cutbank, and Susan H. is here from W. Yellowstone. Rather than lunch I came back to the dorm after a walk and had a Protein Bar and some grapes. BFwas about 1/2 c of cottage cheese, fruit and 1 scrambles egg. I'll have to look at cal. I still have a hard time eating solids, so I probably go for a unfill in July. I'm game for most anything...best get going, k

Kari

I like your challenge - it's reasonable - the 5 in 2 weeks was a bit challenging and not really feasable - that's alot of weight for us to lose in 2 weeks - it's doable but hard..

I vote for the drink - not the hot fudge :0) less calorie in the drink :0) Not much to report since last night - had fish - fake taters (cauliflower - oh it was good) then a little more popcorn and fudgesicle...Hugs J

Yeah, Kari.. what's up with the hot fudge sundae?

LOL

29_5_31.gif

If I was going to have a treat, it wouldn't be something like that. As much as I'd enjoy it, I'd pick spaghetti, mashed potatoes and gravy, or something like that!

36_1_51.gif

Tell me how you do your cauliflower. I've tried it and wasn't impressed with how they turned out.

Mashed potatoes... one thing I REALLY miss!!

Cold morning...uh...I mean good morning. WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THE WEATHER???? seriously, we got down to below freezing last night. NOT COOL!

Well the scale for me is doing interesting things. I am down 2 pounds in 2 days. I don't think I mentioned here, but when I went in for my annual exam the doc put me on thyroid meds because I have hypothyroidism. I have been tested every year since I was 9 for thyroid problems and my levels have always been fine. Well apparently they were slightly elevated (thyroid levels are opposite...the higher the number the LESS your thyroid works) last year when I had my blood work done for my plastic surgery but since I wasn't complaining of any of the symptoms she didn't put me on meds. Well when I went in the last time, I was complaining. I am CONSTANTLY cold, have pretty low blood pressure, tired a lot, very dizzy, and have thinning hair. So she put me on meds that are supposed to eliminate my symptoms before she even gets the test results back. It is a good thing too, because I passed out 3 times on Saturday.

It's just downright COLD here!

It's definitely not RIGHT!!

After reading all your hypothyroid stuff... I'm wondering if my Synthroid needs to be bumped up a little. I am SO COLD all the time. No BP problem, but I"m on 2 Rx for elevated BP. So I've been running about 110/50. Hair is definitely thinning, too, but no dizziness... depression, though. I have always had my "down" days, but last couple of weeks... feeling VERY down! Had a good cry today because DH was eating leftover pizza for lunch! Well, that and i only lost 1.2 lb today... weekly TOPS weigh in. Four weeks away from 2 yr Bandiversary and I wanted to be below 200 by then. That's not going to happen. Sometimes it feels like it will NEVER happen.

BOO HOO, woe is me!!

Dr. appt tomorrow, but not with my regular doc.

She is a young gal with kids so she only works until 1:30pm every day and they couldn't get me in for pre-op physical (for knee surgery) until the first week in Aug.

So I agreed to see a different doc tomorrow.

Don't know if I should ask her, but maybe need an anti-depressant and Synthroid increased.

Hugs Phyl... But you lost !!! 1.2 this week and what did you lose for the challenge like 2 so that's 3 lbs - you are doing great Phyl !!!

- I know it has to be hard on you - but you have lost 112 lbs in 23 months that averages to almost 5 lbs a month and that's within the average for a lapband remember 1 to 2 lbs a week so you are doing very very good.

Pluseyou have to take into consideration that you can't exercise due to the knee issues - you went your whole 1st summer with no great restriction cuz you were here and needed fill - Look at those before and after pictures that you posted on FB last we - come on now gf - look at that before - now look at - YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK THE SAME - YOU LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.. 10 YRS YOUNGER AND 10 TIMES HAPPIER !!!!

Yep that 50 on your bp is low - Karri's was like 90/51 the 1st time we took it - I think you need to check with your doc...

oh ya I got some sad news - remember Green from the 50's thread when we 1st joined lbt - well Bjean just informed me that she passed away 6/12 - I'm so sad... She was such a nice lady -

Oh ya gang - for those going to Canada this summer - here is what I learned from her...

We have to take our shoes off when we go to Candice's - that's the custom in Canada !!!!! They sometimes have sippers by the front door for you to wear in the house or we can just walk around in socks... But in Canada NO OUTSIDE SHOES IN THE HOUSE :0)

Phyl

forgot about the cauliflower

Well I put it in my steamer and steamed it to death (falls apart when you stick it with a fork - most likely 40 mintues - i didn't time it)

Then I put some in my little one cup bowl and poured in a little I can't beleive it's not butter spray (1 teaspoon guessing here) and mashed it up - it was very creamy - of course add salt and pepper..

I still have them (mashed taters) every now and then - I use instant make with just a little 2% milk and Water and little can't beleive its not butter spray - I think 3/4 cup is like 200 max and on Thanksgiving etc - I always have a little - I just now usually say no to the gravy - now if it were white cream garvy I wouldn't couldn't say no - but brown or turkey no problem - for me it was the butter - I would use 1/2 stick in 2 cups of taters and eat the whole darn thing and want more butter

Edited by IndioGirl55

Hugs Phyl... But you lost !!! 1.2 this week and what did you lose for the challenge like 2 so that's 3 lbs - you are doing great Phyl !!!

- I know it has to be hard on you - but you have lost 112 lbs in 23 months that averages to almost 5 lbs a month and that's within the average for a lapband remember 1 to 2 lbs a week so you are doing very very good.

Pluseyou have to take into consideration that you can't exercise due to the knee issues - you went your whole 1st summer with no great restriction cuz you were here and needed fill - Look at those before and after pictures that you posted on FB last we - come on now gf - look at that before - now look at - YOU DON'T EVEN LOOK THE SAME - YOU LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.. 10 YRS YOUNGER AND 10 TIMES HAPPIER !!!!

Yep that 50 on your bp is low - Karri's was like 90/51 the 1st time we took it - I think you need to check with your doc...

oh ya I got some sad news - remember Green from the 50's thread when we 1st joined lbt - well Bjean just informed me that she passed away 6/12 - I'm so sad... She was such a nice lady -

Oh ya gang - for those going to Canada this summer - here is what I learned from her...

We have to take our shoes off when we go to Candice's - that's the custom in Canada !!!!! They sometimes have sippers by the front door for you to wear in the house or we can just walk around in socks... But in Canada NO OUTSIDE SHOES IN THE HOUSE :0)

Okay.. I know! I really think I need an anti-depressant and maybe boost to my thyroid Rx.

Shoes off... always. We're both in the habit of taking our shoes off at the door. In fact, I have slippers that live at youngest DD's house right by the door. And their carpets are a disaster! Other DD, Tracy... I used to have slippers there but DGD was always wearing them and they were never by the door..usually in her room! She moved out a year ago so I guess I can take a pair over there again!

Phyl

forgot about the cauliflower

Well I put it in my steamer and steamed it to death (falls apart when you stick it with a fork - most likely 40 mintues - i didn't time it)

Then I put some in my little one cup bowl and poured in a little I can't beleive it's not butter spray (1 teaspoon guessing here) and mashed it up - it was very creamy - of course add salt and pepper..

I still have them (mashed taters) every now and then - I use instant make with just a little 2% milk and Water and little can't beleive its not butter spray - I think 3/4 cup is like 200 max and on Thanksgiving etc - I always have a little - I just now usually say no to the gravy - now if it were white cream garvy I wouldn't couldn't say no - but brown or turkey no problem - for me it was the butter - I would use 1/2 stick in 2 cups of taters and eat the whole darn thing and want more butter

I have really come to prefer my taters without gravy, too. One of my favorite treats... which I probably haven't had in about a year... is KFC mashed potatoes w/their cole slaw! Very weird, I know, but I love their cole slaw and like to mix it with mashed potatoes. Earl will make me instant potatoes if I ask, but we usually don't have milk in the house so then he makes them with water. YUCK! don't care about the butter either. Albertson's has lobster tails on sale through tomorrow... $4.99. So I bought some last week. He overcooked them, of course, and gave me hot I can't believe it's not butter with it. I don't like fake margerine. And i am quite happy and content to have my lobster without it anyway.

I tried BBQ oysters a few weeks ago and really liked them. Thought I didn't like oysters. Now I'm thinking of getting some of those at Albertson's, too... $6.99 for a dozen. I was thinking I'd saute some garlic and onion in a little olive oil, drizzle it over the top of the oysters (in the half shell) and broil in my little counter top broiler oven for a couple of minutes. Maybe sprinkle just a tiny bit of grated mozarella on top. Does that sound good??? EArl probably won't eat them. I am just completely bored with what we've been eating. I want CHANGE! After the pizza incident at lunch time I decided I want spaghetti for dinner tonight! I am perfectly content with having meat sauce served over french style green Beans. I miss my Pasta terribly, but I'll eat it the green beans and pretend its pasta. And maybe I'll sprinkle some feta cheese on top.

I'm very sad to hear about Green... had forgotten about her. Do you know what happened? Remind me alittle bit about her because I remember her, but no details come to mind at the moment.

4_9_18.gif 17_1_10.gif

Taking shoes off isn't a problem for me. We've been doing that for years. I even take them off at other people's homes. It's second nature.

My PCP lowered my thyroid meds six months ago. Just about the time those pounds started creeping back on. And I'm always cold, and constipated, eyebrows keep falling out. I have to have it checked but am waiting till I'm done procrastinating.

Phyl - I like hot fudge sundaes. The other things you mentioned..............I haven't done without them so ice cream would be a treat for me cause I don't eat it too often.

TTYL

Okay.. I know! I really think I need an anti-depressant and maybe boost to my thyroid Rx.

Shoes off... always. We're both in the habit of taking our shoes off at the door. In fact, I have slippers that live at youngest DD's house right by the door. And their carpets are a disaster! Other DD, Tracy... I used to have slippers there but DGD was always wearing them and they were never by the door..usually in her room! She moved out a year ago so I guess I can take a pair over there again!

I have really come to prefer my taters without gravy, too. One of my favorite treats... which I probably haven't had in about a year... is KFC mashed potatoes w/their cole slaw! Very weird, I know, but I love their cole slaw and like to mix it with mashed potatoes. Earl will make me instant potatoes if I ask, but we usually don't have milk in the house so then he makes them with Water. YUCK! don't care about the butter either. Albertson's has lobster tails on sale through tomorrow... $4.99. So I bought some last week. He overcooked them, of course, and gave me hot I can't believe it's not butter with it. I don't like fake margerine. And i am quite happy and content to have my lobster without it anyway.

I tried BBQ oysters a few weeks ago and really liked them. Thought I didn't like oysters. Now I'm thinking of getting some of those at Albertson's, too... $6.99 for a dozen. I was thinking I'd saute some garlic and onion in a little olive oil, drizzle it over the top of the oysters (in the half shell) and broil in my little counter top broiler oven for a couple of minutes. Maybe sprinkle just a tiny bit of grated mozarella on top. Does that sound good??? EArl probably won't eat them. I am just completely bored with what we've been eating. I want CHANGE! After the pizza incident at lunch time I decided I want spaghetti for dinner tonight! I am perfectly content with having meat sauce served over french style green Beans. I miss my Pasta terribly, but I'll eat it the green beans and pretend its pasta. And maybe I'll sprinkle some feta cheese on top.

I love the I can't beleive it's not butter spray - I use it on artichokes... You could do the cauliflower and add a little cheese - the 2% isn't bad and Karris says the FF Kraft melts. I think I bought it once and it does..

I have been in to bbq chicken lately - and Im not a big chicken person - I like it cold though - and pork ternderlion marinated in the yokosomething tereaky (sp) sauce the bbq's but on the rareish side - I would die with Earl's over cooking things - Go to Target - I got a cookbook WW that was at the check out stand -5 ingrendants 15 min meals - it has some good ideas... What happen to you cooking a few of the meals - now that you are home you need to get back in the kitchen and make some stuff you like..

I love oysters on the half shell but I like weird stuff ;0) yes that sound good too me...

When you go to your primary doc have them ck your thyroid and some meds for the depression... It seems you have been a little blue lately - so I would ck out some meds - I know that it's hard on you when some of us have gotten to goal and some are real close - and you have a little ways to go - but you have to remember you started higher than us - you could be my big sis (as in age not size ;0) and you have mobility issues... Darling you have done so much in the last 2 yrs - Karri and I were talking about you and how well you have done - you are above the 1 lbs a week average - so sweetheart - get in the kitchen make some meals you want and know that we are very very proud of you... You are not a failure ok - You are a WINNER !!!

I'm very sad to hear about Green... had forgotten about her. Do you know what happened? Remind me alittle bit about her because I remember her, but no details come to mind at the moment.

4_9_18.gif 17_1_10.gif

Green talked in the 3rd person alot :0) - she inherited $$$ from her Mom - she was at goal - had a face lift - loved jewerly - lived w/her mate - but I guess they got married right before she died.. oh ya she lived in her linen pants - she love them even if they were too big she didn't want to give then up...

She had throat cancer, she couldn't talk for a while after an operation - but then she could and last time I pm'd her she said she was fine and that it wasn't termina and that she was in remission l - from what I read on the thread that Bjean announced it on - she was in pain - Wasa had talked to her on the phone... Her last post was the end of april where she posted she got married by a rabbi who married gay couple - question is gay marraige legal in Canada ?? Her and her bf had been together 25 yr - so now I am wondering was it just my assumbsion that Green was a girl - or was she a man - I gotta ask BJean since she posted that...

But in her lengthy post - she always talked about herself in the 3rd person which I thought was strange - I always figurred she was a writer by the way she spoke/typed..

I don't know if our original 50 thread is still there - if so go back to when we 1st joined she use to post ...

She was really funny.... And I remember she gave great advice... But it seems like once I sorta took over the 50's thread and posted 24/7 they quit posting there

Taking shoes off isn't a problem for me. We've been doing that for years. I even take them off at other people's homes. It's second nature.

My PCP lowered my thyroid meds six months ago. Just about the time those pounds started creeping back on. And I'm always cold, and constipated, eyebrows keep falling out. I have to have it checked but am waiting till I'm done procrastinating.

Phyl - I like hot fudge sundaes. The other things you mentioned..............I haven't done without them so ice cream would be a treat for me cause I don't eat it too often.

TTYL

I run around barefoot 99.9% of the time - but the problem is i do go in the back yard barefoot then come back in the house - I know at DS house shoe come off too..

Kari - I think you are the only one of us who hasn't given up much :blushing: but since you did get to goal - I guess it didn't hurt you.. I only do carbs/starches once a day for dinner (not counting my popcorn) But I do have sf fudgesicles ..

Well it's time to leave for the gym...