Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Steph, 1st..could the principal have handled things any worse?

2nd..try to take it with a grain of salt (yeah right, like any of us could) Maybe the Principal was trying to put on a show for his teachers.

3rd.. slap them all. You didn't use names on Facebook, so they need to just grow a skin.

4th..they know they messed up and are trying to put the blame on someone other than themselves.

5th..kick their butts again. let's hope they actually give you Michaels work. It is too bad that someone doesn't have have what it takes to admit they messed up.

6th..still squeek, this is your kid...

Karri...is it worth it? I know that I can start obsessing about things I can't control until I get physically ill. Even to the point that almost every time I let myself get pulled down I ended up having some type of surgery, and not just once, but 8 times!! So did some real soul searching...could I stay where I was, doing what I was doing without going crazy or killing my self. There have been times that I did make a change and most recently I considered making a career change. I have decided that it wasn't for me. However, making that decision, I had to accept certain thing weren't going to change and for my sanity I let things go. You are young enough that making a drastic change is possible. My paster once told me "God sometimes takes away something good to give you something better. give it some thought and then what ever you decision, don't second guess.

It is one year. I talked to my principal (not the asst. principal that I will be working for but the actual principal). He is taking care of things. There was an emergency staff meeting called and he set the record straight on all of the rumors floating around. He said any reports of people harrassing other will be investigated and that it could potentially weigh on the lay offs.

I was told to stay in my room and avoid conversations with people who are abusive. I was given a copy of the contract between the Redmond School District and the charter school which clearly states that I CAN work at both schools.

I made it known to my principal and the asst principal that next year WOULD be my last year at the high school. I will either be at the charter school or somewhere warmer. It really is that simple. So I said that tomorrow would be a better day and it will be. The janitor installed a locking cabinet in my room so that I can put my lunch there, I will not be talking to certain people, and it is the last day of the weeek. If I had to think about staying at this location for more than one year...then I would be freaking out. But this a ONE YEAR DEAL. That decision has been made. Now if the charter school takes off...I could go full time. I am not counting on it...but there is a glimpse of hope.

Thanks for caring about me. Sometimes I just need to vent. I know that I can make it one year. I will just sometimes need to vent.

OMW Karri & Steph - Big Big Hugs for the drama you both are going through

Karri - The B teacher lady is the one who most likely stole your food - I am glad that someone finally stood up for you and that they had the meeting - just go do your job and go home - I know easier said than done - but like you said 1 yr..

You have jealous pple who have it in for you - don't give them the satisfaction of tears ok - be strong - I know it's so hard right now - but it will get better maybe not tomorrow or the next day or even month (heck school's out in June and you get some R&R with me :0) it will get better hopefully sooner than later...

Steph - I am glad you are taking Michael out of that school - they can all go F themselves - I agree they know they have screwed up and they are closing rank - that might work for someone like me who doesn't know the system - but you are a teacher and you do.. So give them hell... Don't back down..

Karla - don't read the problem threads - of if you do - please take them with a grain of salt - some pple are full of drama

#1 does your doc do blind fills or under fluro..

Here's my 1st fill story - My doc does blind fills

First he shot me up with novocaine around my port - he then started poking - it took him quite a few pokes till he found the soft spot in my port - but I was numb so it didn't bother me at all - I laid down - sat up - well he finally found it -

He filled me had me drink Water and tell him if it was going down - I said yes so he added more then I said no - he took some out - back and forth for a while - you get confused but then when it goes slowly he said ok he was done.. Took the neelde out and that was it - I did have a few bruise after a day or two but nothing bad. He marked the chart where my port was and when I went back for the 2nd fill it was a piece of cake..

Ok - I got an email from a chick who needs my help - 12 lbs in 1 yr - so I gotta go answer that email - I will cbl

Again Hugs Karri & Steph - I wish I could help - I'm here to listen to you vent 24/7 !!!!

Karla - I have had more problems with my fills than anyone on here and I am still one of the biggest champions of the band. I would do it all over again if I had to have 10 surgeries. This tool has changed my life. The worst that can happen is that you have to have the fill taken out. My doc is 6 hours away, in another state and across a mountain pass. Sometimes it has been treacherous getting to him, but there is NOTHING that has happened that would make me have changed my mind about doing it. You will be fine. POSITIVE thoughts. I know easier said that done! Great job on the weight loss though. You are doing fab!

G'evening Ladies.

Seem that I have a big problem getting out of Facebook. It's the first thing I go to and the last thing I do when I go off..........just that some days there isn't anything between the two.

It sounds like a soap here. Shall we call it "all my calories" Or "days of our bands"?? I wish all of you the best. I'll say an extra prayer for you.

Food demons are back. Or I guess I could say the Pepsi demon. And I can't get my Water in either.

Oh well, guess I'll head back to the farm. TTYL

I actually ate the same thing that I fixed for my kid. we had chicken enchaladas and some salad and watermelon. I ate only one enchalada and some salad. Ate the watermelon later, which didn't agree with me. It decided to go straight through. I think it was similar to the dumping syndrome. Let's just say, i didn't make it. So am I the only one who had that happen? is it just a fluke (hopefully not a liver fluKe)?

Hi ladies, Just a quick check in before I call it a night. Thank you for all your words of encouragement. They mean so much to me.

I did talk to one of his teachers tonight. She called and we cleared the air. I explained that I was going to try to do that at this meeting but that they left so quickly that I couldn't. I explained all the things that I was feeling and she could see where I was coming from. She agrees that this time with Michael next week will probably be really good for him. I feel better about that in some respects.

Now, I just have to get back on plan and stop feeding my anger/frustration/fear. I've not been over calories most days but definitely not making the best choices. Didn't walk tonight because I went to dinner with DH.

karla, the fill will be fine. I've heard he does a good job. I don't know if they are blind or under flouro. I worked myself into such a tizzy before my first fill that the minute she poked me I started to cry. Didn't hurt, there was no problem, I just was so completely stressed out that I lost it. She had to poke a couple of times but really it was easy. Since that first time, she comments about my tears everytime but she has poked and got it every time. I can give you more detailed description of the fill process privately, but I'm sure every dr. does it just a little bit differently. Maybe go to the MT thread and ask for any of his patients to answer any questions.

BTW, the lady here who went to Colorado and then Roher did her aftercare...I haven't seen her, but I heard she has had her Tummy Tuck and is in a size 4. I guess she looks amazing. The teacher I know that he did her surgery, last time I saw her, she said it was 4 months after surgery before he actually did any adjustments because she was losing just fine without any. She has only had 1 or 2 I believe. Last I heard from her, she was doing wonderfully.

Okay...storm has knocked out our satellite. Going to miss Criminal Minds being recorded. grrrr.

I'd better get to bed. Have a great night ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.

Oh...a positive thing about today....per karla's orders....Michael had his confirmation pictures taken tonight and he was sooooooo handsome and grown up looking. He cleans up really good, that kid :thumbup:)

Wow, a size 4, I don't think I have ever seen size 4, okay maybe a size 4T when I was little. Actually after my divorce I was down to a size 6, but that was via some extremely unhealthy food issues, let's just say dry air popped pop corn was my ONLY food group.

I believe Dr. Rohrer does his fills blind. My biggest concern is whether I'll notice a change. Right now I know that i don't have restriction and that is why I have to struggle to stay within calories. What if it isn't any easier? I know I'll have to be vigilant, but I hope the band will help. Just being a ninny, and that I have to deal with the doubt. I guess I need to name my doubt Doris and keep slapping her down. Steph, I know, possitive thoughts, don't attract negative. But we all have lost weight, just to have it crawl back and then some for pay back.

On another note, I am so glad that one of the teachers had the spine to call you Steph. That lady deserves flowers. We all know it is hard to go against the current and it is ALWAYS hard to call a parent (for me anyway).

You all have a good Thursday.

Wow, a size 4, I don't think I have ever seen size 4, okay maybe a size 4T when I was little. Actually after my divorce I was down to a size 6, but that was via some extremely unhealthy food issues, let's just say dry air popped pop corn was my ONLY food group.

I believe Dr. Rohrer does his fills blind. My biggest concern is whether I'll notice a change. Right now I know that i don't have restriction and that is why I have to struggle to stay within calories. What if it isn't any easier? I know I'll have to be vigilant, but I hope the band will help. Just being a ninny, and that I have to deal with the doubt. I guess I need to name my doubt Doris and keep slapping her down. Steph, I know, possitive thoughts, don't attract negative. But we all have lost weight, just to have it crawl back and then some for pay back.

On another note, I am so glad that one of the teachers had the spine to call you Steph. That lady deserves flowers. We all know it is hard to go against the current and it is ALWAYS hard to call a parent (for me anyway).

You all have a good Thursday.

Here is the Mantra you repeat to yourself over and over. I WILL feel a difference, I WILL not be able to eat as much. Here is what you DO NOT do. DO NOT try to push it to see just how much you can eat. That is what a lot of people do. They complain that they can eat to much but the don't stop when they are satisified. One time they will eat as much as they can, realize that they can eat a significant volume of food, and then do that EVERYTIME and complain that they can eat too much. Unfortunately I am in the is category right now. My food choices are pretty healthy when my lunch isn't stolen, but I can just eat WAY too much. Problem will be fixed on Monday with a SMALL adjustment. (See oath from earlier!)

Well off to work. Last day due to budget cuts. :thumbup: I will work tomorrow but no students and most teachers won't be in on a day where you don't get paid so it should be pleasant!

Karla,

Just a word to Doris....it may take you 3 or more fills to feel true restriction. you have to be prepared for that to happen. I always felt tighter immediately, but that restriction was short lived for a few months. Others felt restriction with 1 or 2 fills.

You just have to be prepared for it if it happens so that you don't sabotage it. There are still times when I tell myself that I need a fill...but when I am completely honest with my food choices and eat like I'm supposed to, I am plenty tight. I can only eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of solid Protein. I HAVE restriction. However, I'm not great at following that rule and if I don't, then I don't have restriction. It's all in the mind games we play. I went last night to my user control panel and looked at all the posts I had made telling people how I was being successful and told myself that it was time for me to start taking my advice and following my rules. None of them were beyond me...none were too difficult. I just have to buckle down.

Okay...off to get kids ready. Jai is still sleeping. It's a miracle.

G'evening Ladies.

Seem that I have a big problem getting out of Facebook. It's the first thing I go to and the last thing I do when I go off..........just that some days there isn't anything between the two.

It sounds like a soap here. Shall we call it "all my calories" Or "days of our bands"?? I wish all of you the best. I'll say an extra prayer for you.

Food demons are back. Or I guess I could say the Pepsi demon. And I can't get my Water in either.

Oh well, guess I'll head back to the farm. TTYL

Kari- Farming is fun - but I lost my grape crop cuz I didn't get on last night !!! That and pathword !!!

I actually ate the same thing that I fixed for my kid. we had chicken enchaladas and some salad and watermelon. I ate only one enchalada and some salad. Ate the watermelon later, which didn't agree with me. It decided to go straight through. I think it was similar to the dumping syndrome. Let's just say, i didn't make it. So am I the only one who had that happen? is it just a fluke (hopefully not a liver fluKe)?

Do you mean straight thru like runs - nope - it could have been the enchillida that cause that - sometime food hits your tummy and it just doesn't like it - I do watermelon but have to be careful cuz it will stick.

Hi ladies, Just a quick check in before I call it a night. Thank you for all your words of encouragement. They mean so much to me.

I did talk to one of his teachers tonight. She called and we cleared the air. I explained that I was going to try to do that at this meeting but that they left so quickly that I couldn't. I explained all the things that I was feeling and she could see where I was coming from. She agrees that this time with Michael next week will probably be really good for him. I feel better about that in some respects.

Now, I just have to get back on plan and stop feeding my anger/frustration/fear. I've not been over calories most days but definitely not making the best choices. Didn't walk tonight because I went to dinner with DH.

karla, the fill will be fine. I've heard he does a good job. I don't know if they are blind or under flouro. I worked myself into such a tizzy before my first fill that the minute she poked me I started to cry. Didn't hurt, there was no problem, I just was so completely stressed out that I lost it. She had to poke a couple of times but really it was easy. Since that first time, she comments about my tears everytime but she has poked and got it every time. I can give you more detailed description of the fill process privately, but I'm sure every dr. does it just a little bit differently. Maybe go to the MT thread and ask for any of his patients to answer any questions.

BTW, the lady here who went to Colorado and then Roher did her aftercare...I haven't seen her, but I heard she has had her Tummy Tuck and is in a size 4. I guess she looks amazing. The teacher I know that he did her surgery, last time I saw her, she said it was 4 months after surgery before he actually did any adjustments because she was losing just fine without any. She has only had 1 or 2 I believe. Last I heard from her, she was doing wonderfully.

Okay...storm has knocked out our satellite. Going to miss Criminal Minds being recorded. grrrr.

I'd better get to bed. Have a great night ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.

Oh...a positive thing about today....per karla's orders....Michael had his confirmation pictures taken tonight and he was sooooooo handsome and grown up looking. He cleans up really good, that kid :))

You need to post his pic so we can see !!! Glad to here that that one teacher called and you did get to clear the air

Here is the Mantra you repeat to yourself over and over. I WILL feel a difference, I WILL not be able to eat as much. Here is what you DO NOT do. DO NOT try to push it to see just how much you can eat. That is what a lot of people do. They complain that they can eat to much but the don't stop when they are satisified. One time they will eat as much as they can, realize that they can eat a significant volume of food, and then do that EVERYTIME and complain that they can eat too much. Unfortunately I am in the is category right now. My food choices are pretty healthy when my lunch isn't stolen, but I can just eat WAY too much. Problem will be fixed on Monday with a SMALL adjustment. (See oath from earlier!)

Well off to work. Last day due to budget cuts. :thumbup: I will work tomorrow but no students and most teachers won't be in on a day where you don't get paid so it should be pleasant!

Well that's a postive out of a negative !!!

Karla,

Just a word to Doris....it may take you 3 or more fills to feel true restriction. you have to be prepared for that to happen. I always felt tighter immediately, but that restriction was short lived for a few months. Others felt restriction with 1 or 2 fills.

You just have to be prepared for it if it happens so that you don't sabotage it. There are still times when I tell myself that I need a fill...but when I am completely honest with my food choices and eat like I'm supposed to, I am plenty tight. I can only eat 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of solid Protein. I HAVE restriction. However, I'm not great at following that rule and if I don't, then I don't have restriction. It's all in the mind games we play. I went last night to my user control panel and looked at all the posts I had made telling people how I was being successful and told myself that it was time for me to start taking my advice and following my rules. None of them were beyond me...none were too difficult. I just have to buckle down.

Okay...off to get kids ready. Jai is still sleeping. It's a miracle.

Ya Steph - I'm with you I have been thinking lately I could use a tweek but know that I really don't - I ate 1.5 cup of squash (mushed up) with my ck thigh for lunch yesterday - Oh you need a fill - no Janet you don't that was a slider..

Ok gang I did terrible at dinner last night - didn't get off the computer til almost 9 - was too tired to cook - so I had some steak left over from Sunday about 3 oz - ate that and then made 2 100 c snack popcorn - Calorie wise not bad but nutritional it was way bad - then went to be woke up and ate a poptart (both pieces) - and I am complaining that I can't get this 1.5 off - !!!!

I am in a blab mood - don't know why - well ya I know why can't seem to get this 1.5 lbs off - I know it's only a 1.5 and but for me I am afraid of letting any weight stay on my body - I am afraid that one or 2 lbs will turn into 10 then 20 and you know the routine.. I know that I am being a bit dramatic - but it's how I am feeling right now - I got some vit b's (b complex and B12 they are small sallowable tablets)last night and have been really trying to remember to take my vitiman - it's something I am really bad about - hoping the b12 gives me a boost.

I don't have any plans this weekend and I think that will be good cuz I have been doing something every weekend since my cruise last month and my house needs cleaning - I need some down time I think... I need to recharge...

Well that's my tale of woes.. I hate to be a downer - I really strive to be up beat - I really am all about the postitive - but even I can get blah :0)... Here's what I would say if one of you was posting this message - concentrate on what you have accomplished - just keep plugging away it will come - look at where you are from last year at this time- I know that this to shall pass...

Hugs

I totally get it. My 1.5 pounds did turn into 10! Somedays if I am REALLY retaining Water it is 15. As for the fill...I have NEVER had a sweet spot. I have either been too tight or unfilled. Nothing in between!!!!

Well today has been better. no one stole my lunch so I have been nibbling on my sandwich for Breakfast and AM snack. The sandwich will feed my all day long and it is only 700 calories. I am running my last 5K today so I should be within my body bugg calorie target.

DH has agreed to start working out with me more and we are going to lose the 10 pounds together. It is actually easier for me to lose the 10 pounds than him because I am determined and he kind of half asses it!

Wel i had best get back to work. Grading, grading, grading.

MARATHON IN 3 DAYS...YIKES!!

Folks, I must REALLY be losing it, I couldn't even remember who Doris WAS....I had to go back and read my own posts. yeah right....Doris is my doubts....

Janet, yep..as in runs, it wasn't a pretty sight. I got some chewable vitamins from VitaCost.com. They seem to do the trick. I will have to watch the slider foods, those are some of my favorites. Slap down Doris.... I will work on my mantra, 'I will succeed, I will get healthy, I will get 'hot',,,okay maybe not hot, but I would like to at least me kissed by someone other than a family member. OKAY, lets get real...I want laid. Please don't shoot me, but it has been over 10 years...and...yep, really should just get drunk, but haven't done that for about 10 years either. Yes, I am going to hell.

My good thing that happened today...got my sub notes done by 4:30.

That being said...today was a day from hell. Why did I think that it would be a good idea for students to learn how to run a business, shop at each others stores, learn how to use a checkbook, etc.... what crazieness. The crowning glory was when my 'favorite' child that I am not allowed to discipline (no he is not SpEd, just rich parents) decided to play tag during class. Now I can understand it with a kindergartener, maybe even a 2nd grader, but this is a 7th grader. Even after yelling for them to stop, he continued to chase 2 students around the room,,so I kicked them to the hall, couldn't get someone at the office, so got another teacher to watch my class so I could take them to the office. On the way there, the principal stopped me, when I tried to explain I was interrupted, told 'loudly' to return to my room and that they would handle things. Well the students were back in my room in under 5 minutes. Upon return, the 'special' child took stuff off my desk, got in my face when I refused to give him his 252nd pencil of the year, intimidated another student into giving him a pencil, balanced his chair on one leg, and talked throughout a test. At this point I really wanted to tell him to shut the 'F' up. Oh I have him for 2 periods each afternoon. Got so worked up that when I finally got time to eat, I ate too fast, and that ended lunch.< /p>

Okay, now that I have vented I feel much better. Thanks for listening or at least reading it. I head to Helena tomorrow, home Saturday night, and work at the nursery on Sunday.

Karri, so your school ran out of money, and they are only paying you for 4 days a week until the end of the year? What about your contract? I don't understand.

I guess I have potty mouth tonight, I am sorry.

Oh, Janet, let's not talk about the condition of the house....I think I have taken 'mess' to a whole new level.

Folks, I must REALLY be losing it, I couldn't even remember who Doris WAS....I had to go back and read my own posts. yeah right....Doris is my doubts....

Janet, yep..as in runs, it wasn't a pretty sight. I got some chewable vitamins from VitaCost.com. They seem to do the trick. I will have to watch the slider foods, those are some of my favorites. Slap down Doris.... I will work on my mantra, 'I will succeed, I will get healthy, I will get 'hot',,,okay maybe not hot, but I would like to at least me kissed by someone other than a family member. OKAY, lets get real...I want laid. Please don't shoot me, but it has been over 10 years...and...yep, really should just get drunk, but haven't done that for about 10 years either. Yes, I am going to hell.

My good thing that happened today...got my sub notes done by 4:30.

That being said...today was a day from hell. Why did I think that it would be a good idea for students to learn how to run a business, shop at each others stores, learn how to use a checkbook, etc.... what crazieness. The crowning glory was when my 'favorite' child that I am not allowed to discipline (no he is not SpEd, just rich parents) decided to play tag during class. Now I can understand it with a kindergartener, maybe even a 2nd grader, but this is a 7th grader. Even after yelling for them to stop, he continued to chase 2 students around the room,,so I kicked them to the hall, couldn't get someone at the office, so got another teacher to watch my class so I could take them to the office. On the way there, the principal stopped me, when I tried to explain I was interrupted, told 'loudly' to return to my room and that they would handle things. Well the students were back in my room in under 5 minutes. Upon return, the 'special' child took stuff off my desk, got in my face when I refused to give him his 252nd pencil of the year, intimidated another student into giving him a pencil, balanced his chair on one leg, and talked throughout a test. At this point I really wanted to tell him to shut the 'F' up. Oh I have him for 2 periods each afternoon. Got so worked up that when I finally got time to eat, I ate too fast, and that ended lunch.< /p>

Okay, now that I have vented I feel much better. Thanks for listening or at least reading it. I head to Helena tomorrow, home Saturday night, and work at the nursery on Sunday.

Karri, so your school ran out of money, and they are only paying you for 4 days a week until the end of the year? What about your contract? I don't understand.

I guess I have potty mouth tonight, I am sorry.

This is why I don't teach middle school. At least in high school they have some sense of dignity!!:(

Tomorrow was supposed to be a work day to send home 6 week report cards. However, when the district ran out of money this year we ratified our contract to take a 1.61% pay cut which is equivalent to a 3 day cut from the year. They only cut teacher work days and no student contact days. So I would normally have to work tomorrow, but the beauty of it is that I can work tomorrow WITHOUT dealing the other teachers. Students fine...teachers bad!:) I will need to get my sub plans ready for Monday.

No one stole my lunch today!!!

Chat later!