Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Quilt..........what Quilt.................where's the quilt?????????

On a different note I need an answer, Almost called Steph, but since I couldn't talk, it wouldn't of helped, not good to cry in front of students either, but..

Okay, class full of students during lunch, phone rings, mouth full with bite of soft food, swallow fast w/o chew. Commence pain, severe pain, tearssssss, you name it..

So the question is: force it down or force it up or sit in pain until it goes away?

K

Yep...been there. I ended up foaming/sliming for 2 hours because I couldn't get it up either. When that happens...spit it out before you answer the phone. Believe me you will forget about the food that you didn't get to eat but you will NEVER forget the experience of sliming!

Calories today...1060...not to bad since I had a stick and had to move back to mushies for the day. dinner was higher in calories than normal...Smashed tuna, avocado, mandarine oranges, 1 tbl. of low fat miracle whip. So okay for today.

No walking today. Hip still hurts. Tomorrow I will walk.

Calories today 1055, Protein 55g

I didn't do great on liquids today....probably only about 32 oz.

Placed my 3day flamingos in their first yard last night and got them placed in their second yard tonight. I think this is going to be a great fundraiser. At least I hope so. We'll see.

Have a good night ladies!

Good morning ladies. Just a quick check in. Nothing really new to report....

Except, I had this bag of dum dums from Halloween. I kept it on my dresser for treats for Jaimison every now and then. I don't like them so they NEVER bothered me. Anyways...my lovely Chi must have all of a sudden smelled them. He was so quiet yesterday, I should have imagined something was up. Went in to go to bed last night and here are all these sticks....he ate them ALL. He spit out the wrapper and the sticks, but ate all the candy. LOL. What a goof. I checked on him last night after I found it and he's still alive. I'm sure he'll have the poops. I don't even want to KNOW what color it's going to be. Anyways...there are little candy crumbles all over my carpet so I have to spend the day working on that. grrrr

Wii weigh in is the same as it was on Tuesday. So for the week I was down 1.4. I'll take that. Okay....off to see what crazy trouble we can get in today.

Hugs.

Sigh...That is really all I have to say today.

I did get my bodybugg, I didn't get any sleep, and life sucks. Why you ask?

1. Brother had surgery yesterday and I forgot to call because my life is in such turmoil.

2. Told that next year we are going to the 4 day work week or that we will be cutting 72 teachers which means I don't have a job.

3. I am so tired and therefore hungry.

4. All I want to do is cry but can't because I am at work.

That pretty much sums it all up. Not a good day today.

Hey Gang =

I have reading but cheating with FB !!!

Hugs Karri - I didn't sleep night before last either !!! Last night & yesterday period was hard on the wanting to eat -I did ok

BF Yogurt/Granola 180

L One Pot Wonder 300 (about 1.5 cups veggei & pork)

S 1/2 sb pt bar 100 - popcorn 100

D Fish (friend gave me some trout wasn't very good) rice brussel sprouts 305c

S popcorn 100 sherbert 100 - pudding & nuts 120 juice 80c

1305 total calories for the day

Jobs - I know that you don't want 4 day work week but better than no job

Phyl the quilt is beatiful !!!

Candice that snack just undid your exercise :w00t:

Never was a McDonald person or fast food period- If I did eat ff it was a Del Taco red burritto extra sauce and extra cheese (a reg burrito is 400c) don't know what it is with the xtras - but can't eat them now. I have tried but they get stuck - FF now really isn't an option anymore - no good choices

ok started this 2 hrs ago - but work keeps getting in the way :lol::):tt2:

cbl - Hugs

Hi ladies...I'm coming here to vent because I need to say something!!!! No, you have done nothing!

I got a phone call from one of Michael's teachers today...and I'm SOOOO mad! And hurt. And wish I could fix everything but know I can't.

Michael is my ADHD darling. He struggles with depression, and one doc called him bipolar. You remember the hell we went through this time last year? He's one of the major reasons I'm not working this year. So that I could be there for him more. Well....he hates school. He begs me to send him to a different one. He has very few friends. His teachers are overly harsh on him. He hates homework. You know...he's just a pubescent boy of 14.

Every year the class goes on a field trip. Every year he isn't allowed to go because he gets "3 strikes." Well, strikes can be given for anything. Homework not being done, goofing off in class, having a problem on the playground, just about anything.

Well, they started the strikes a week ago. One of his teachers called today to tell me that he got a strike because he didn't do his homework. Umm...duh....that's a given!!

I just feel like there is no way for him to win in this situation. There is no way that he is not going to get in a fight with his peers for a month! A month doing his homework for all 6 classes...every day! He hasn't been able to do that for the last 7 months. Why would he change now? He's not been able to do it for the last 3 years, why would he be able to do it now?

Why do they set him up for failure and then call me when he fails? What the hell do they expect? I would understand giving him strikes for things that he normally doesn't do. But something that he is known for. Something that he is compelled to do. What part of this do they not get?

He's a smart kid. He maxes out on the state exams every year....they don't have a score higher than the one he gets! Yet he is not eligible for academic teams because of this homework thing. He isn't able to do ANYTHING extra because of his inability to pay attention in class. He isn't allowed to stay after school with his peers because of his hyperactive behavior. DUH!!!! WTF!!!! Did they not get that memo from the dr that said he CAN"T HELP IT???? Oh wait, I know they did because I hand delivered it! WTF do they expect???

Okay....ranting just made me madder. I thought it would help. Let me just say that I hate it when adults are mean, ugly, uncaring to children!! Any children, not just mine!

Hi ladies...I'm coming here to vent because I need to say something!!!! No, you have done nothing!

I got a phone call from one of Michael's teachers today...and I'm SOOOO mad! And hurt. And wish I could fix everything but know I can't.

Michael is my ADHD darling. He struggles with depression, and one doc called him bipolar. You remember the hell we went through this time last year? He's one of the major reasons I'm not working this year. So that I could be there for him more. Well....he hates school. He begs me to send him to a different one. He has very few friends. His teachers are overly harsh on him. He hates homework. You know...he's just a pubescent boy of 14.

Every year the class goes on a field trip. Every year he isn't allowed to go because he gets "3 strikes." Well, strikes can be given for anything. Homework not being done, goofing off in class, having a problem on the playground, just about anything.

Well, they started the strikes a week ago. One of his teachers called today to tell me that he got a strike because he didn't do his homework. Umm...duh....that's a given!!

I just feel like there is no way for him to win in this situation. There is no way that he is not going to get in a fight with his peers for a month! A month doing his homework for all 6 classes...every day! He hasn't been able to do that for the last 7 months. Why would he change now? He's not been able to do it for the last 3 years, why would he be able to do it now?

Why do they set him up for failure and then call me when he fails? What the hell do they expect? I would understand giving him strikes for things that he normally doesn't do. But something that he is known for. Something that he is compelled to do. What part of this do they not get?

He's a smart kid. He maxes out on the state exams every year....they don't have a score higher than the one he gets! Yet he is not eligible for academic teams because of this homework thing. He isn't able to do ANYTHING extra because of his inability to pay attention in class. He isn't allowed to stay after school with his peers because of his hyperactive behavior. DUH!!!! WTF!!!! Did they not get that memo from the dr that said he CAN"T HELP IT???? Oh wait, I know they did because I hand delivered it! WTF do they expect???

Okay....ranting just made me madder. I thought it would help. Let me just say that I hate it when adults are mean, ugly, uncaring to children!! Any children, not just mine!

Hold the phone. Stop right there...they are in complete violation of the "Americans with Disabilities Act." He CANNOT be prevented from going on the field trip. Is there any way that you could chaperone so that he would have a familiar person there and perhaps not give them a reason to FIND something that they can use to prevent him to go. Since you are not working this year maybe that would be an option and one that would ease the minds of the teacher/administration as well. However you could politely remind them that unless accomodations and modifications are made to have him be successful that publicity and lawyers can get ugly. I HAVE NO TOLERANCE FOR EDUCATORS WITHOUT A BRAIN OR A HEART.:thumbup::cursing::crying: Unfortunately there are WAY too damn many of them in our profession.

Your son is the EXACT reason that we are starting the charter school. Not everyone is meant to be in the 1940s model of education. People wonder why we are lagging so far behind the rest of the world...I can tell you. We haven't changed a damn thing since 1940. :lol::confused: Could you imagine if we hadn't changed anything in the medical field, energy, or technology for 6 decades!!! But it is okay to keep on doing the same thing in education.

Okay off my soap box, but seriously Steph remind them of the ADA...they often forget that despite their ingorant power that they can't just do whatever the hell they want. Idiot teachers (while they can rule over our children) can not overrule the law!

I do have one last thing. Everyone keeps saying to me "How is that teaching them about life?" :) I'm sorry but when the hell did life become a state standard!!!!! Parents teach about life. I teach about science!

Okay...Now I am off my soap box. I realized when I stepped down the first time that I just went to a new level. Now I am officially back on the ground!

Thank you all for commenting on my grand daughter. She is very precious to us. Her name is Chloe. It is amazing how big she has already gotten in 2 1/2 months.

I am riding my bike going to get in 70 miles between today and Sunday. Weather finally cooperating. My goal is by the end of October to have 2,000 miles. I am pretty sure I'll make it. I want to ride a century ride in mid October which to me will be the equivalent of running a marathon. (Probably a bit easier) but it is a goal. I just have to get better on hills. I have fallen a couple of times on hills with my clipless pedals so now it is part a mental fear. Have to get over it.

Gotta go ride. See you later.

Karri- If you really need a job, they are abundant down here. You're hubby wouldn't have trouble getting one either.

The dr. released my Mom from the hospital yesterday straight from ICU back to the nursing home. Wed. is the first day in 7 days that she had eaten anything, and it was only a smigeon. So she gets to the nursing home last night, and I am waiting there for her so I can help her shower. She comes in on a strecher with emts. She is coughing, and says shes spitting up bile. The nurse takes her temp and it's 102. The nurse calls 911, and sends her back to the hospital. I spend the night in the ER with her. She had no fever when we get there, nurse at home gave her Tylenol. She never throws up, and barely complains. In the wee morning hours they ship her back to the home in ambulance. I go to the home. As soon as she gets there, she spitting up again and complaining of pain. We were in the ER for 6 hrs and she never complained! They give her vicodin and phenergen. I went see her a little while ago and she says over and over, "I don't feel good, I don't feel good." I go tell her nurse.

She's not throwing up. So I don't know, is she really feeling terrible, or is it a severe Nursing Home allergy?

IDK, but I can't do anything about it.

It's just weird that she never threw up or complained in the ER.

They also didn't give her any of her regular meds in the hospital, so maybe that is why she feels terrible. She takes 3 antidepressants, and was without them for 1 wk.

2 days without regular meds causes nasty withdrawals.

SO stastus ???????????????

Janet- TTFN : from Winnie the Pooh

Ta Ta for Now

Denise - could it be that your mom is uncomfortable or scared about being in the nursing home and therefore is having physical problems due to psychological issues. I am NOT saying it is in her head, but more of a psychosematic response to fear or an uncomfortable situation. I know that my grandma was very similar for the first part of the time when we had to put her in the nursing home. She didn't think that they could take care of here well enough so she would worry herself into sickness and then would end up back in the hospital where she felt safer. She would get VERY ill, with some of the same symptoms that you are describing.

I realy hope that things slow down for you! As for my job...we might be there!!! Right now if I get laid off I am on the plane to the first place that hires me!

Karri, I know 10 years ago, Fort Worth told me they don't interview math or science teachers...they just sign them....they were that short. I don't know if it is still the same, but I would guess so. And they paid darned well.

Karri, I know 10 years ago, Fort Worth told me they don't interview math or science teachers...they just sign them....they were that short. I don't know if it is still the same, but I would guess so. And they paid darned well.

Well...its official...they are giong to the 4 day week. They made the announcement to the media tonight. I am numb right now. There is still a chance that I could lose my job though it is unlikely because our current administration gets to do staffing. I have been in tears for the last 2 hours. I know...at least I have a job...but digging ditches is a job too...just not one I want. 25% more work for 7.5% less pay. I am going from teaching 125 kids per day to 175 kids per day. Lots of soul searching (and grading) this weekend. I don't know how much I am going to be on this weekend because I don't want to sound like a whiner and I am NOT in a good frame of mind. Fortunately I am at home so that food will not be an issue.

Steph, does Michael have an IEP or 504 plan? If so, you go in and tell them 'what for'. If not, get him one!! then tell them 'what for'. I know that as a teacher/parent we seem to have to fight more for our children to be treated fairly. When Elyse (my 22 yr. old) was in 7th grade, she was failing math. I requested that she be tested and was told that I just needed to accept that she was a 'C' student. I finally talked the school psyc to test her under the table and 'what a surprise' she had a learning disability. I hate to admit it, but the squeeky wheel get the attention, so go in there and squeeky. As a school, we have eliminated all 'incentive' type activities. I wasn't thrilled to take the student who 'mooned' the class when I had a sub on our last field trip, but I just made sure he wasn't in my 'group'. Unfortunately, it sounds like Michael is dealing with adolescent feelings along with his ADHD. Elyse also struggles with depression (family history) and the doctors did not want to put her on presciption anti-depressants. We ended up putting her on St. John's Wort, it really helped. Now that she is 22, she is on prescription anti-depressants, which is working even better. Does Michael have someone to talk to other than family or teachers? When Elyse qualified for Vocational Rehab 1 1/2 yrs ago, they paid for her to go to a councelor and work on her social anxiety issues. Just a thought. I know that there is nothing harder than seeing your child in pain, especially this type.

Okay topic change...I think there was something in the air yesterday...I battled with hunger ALL day. I did well until my mother called to complain about the lift chair that she ASKED me to find and order for my dad. Then I ate another FF Fudge bar, and finally ate a bowl of oatmeal. I figured the oatmeal was better than the Cookies and milk calling my name. If she moves in with me when dad dies, I SWEAR I am moving to an uninhabited island!!!!

On a positive note, dad finally acknowledged that it was a good thing his oncologist put him in rehab, other wise he said he was going home to die. Now he is feeling stronger and that he actually thinks he will live for a while.

Denise, what can we say...hang in there.

Karri, I understand your pain.

Ladies...what can I say. You are always my rock!

the school has no true sp.ed. program because they let the qualified teacher out on early retirement and there is no one who applied for the job. So now, there are teachers aides trying to do the work and while they do a fine job of working with some kids, they are not qualified to put a student into sp.ed. That was what I was told when I took in my reports from the child psych. My PCP here didn't agree with the child psych's opinion of putting him on anti depressant meds so I had to find someone else to do that prescribing. There are no child counselors within 150 miles of us that would take him on as a patient so he has no one to talk to. I asked that the school counselor see him at least once a week and she told me she would talk to him but her job was mainly vocational counseling and she wasn't really qualified for what Michael needed. I asked for them to find a male role model in the school for him to bond with. That wasn't done. So....here I sit. Nothing to be done. Too upset to speak to anyone about it.

I am going to come completely clean.....I ate an entire sleeve of GS Mint Cookies, dipped in Peanut Butter. I knew they wouldn't help but they made me feel better in the moment and at THAT moment I needed it. I'm not apologizing, but I am confessing. I will do my penance. I took the dogs for a 2mile walk....I need to go for another.

TOM showed up today too. F@$# the little b'tard. Okay...that was a little harsh, but I did NOT need THAT today too.

Jeff's home. I NEEDED that. He let me cry on his shoulder. I just can't cope without him.

Okay....going to go have dinner with the kids. Later taters.