Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Candice - I am an EXPERT on children with drug problems !!! My DS started meth when he was 15 :laugh:

A few yrs here and there sober - but I think what happend last May has finally sobered him up for life God Willing - as you say all you can do is offer the support and help but if they don't want it there is NOTHING we can do to stop it - it breaks our hearts seeing them ruining their lives - killing themselves - but it's it God's hands not ours...

So glad you aren't eating thru these problems..

Phyl - No tickets on vacation !!! but your time here in the desert isn't vacation - just traveling too and from :) You get a get of jail free card for traveling time :thumbup:

Step a gf used it (soy milk) in her mashed tatoes - ahag yuck - so I have never bought it - I use sf Creamer - I only have 1 to 1.5 cups a day - and my coffee still looks like coffee and not milk (I don't use a lot)

I am glad that DH wants to get healthy !!!

KARRI

NO PARKING WARS TICKETS :P HECK YOU JUST STARTED AND I THINK YOU ARE CLOSE TO ME IN $$$

TICKETS ON LBT IS MORE EXERCISE !!!!

Parking wars is just play $$ so I really don't care about it - I am an exercise person - but can't say I just super love it - I do what I have to and that's it - so for me going more is going to be a deterine in me eating ...

Candice not bad on the calories !!!!

Karla - see that red word !!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR POUND AND ON YOUR GOOD EATING DAY... You WILL eat well today ! and love your foods !!!

Yep Kari - I have become a little careless lately myself - I have been at 139 - 140 more than I have been at 138 the last couple of weeks - I like the 138 # and I want to see that # when I get on the scales - I don't like seeing 140 !!!

Karri - I went to the gym - then shopping for food - home put it all up then cooked 2 dinners, cut up fruit, fed the dogs & cat - marinated meat for tonite - made a one pot wonder for lunches and didn't sit down til 8:30 last night !!!!

Steph

Ticket are for eating bad stuff and going way over calories cuz you ate 2 pieces of cake - - not for 1/2 clup raisins !!!!

Oh JANET!!! Its been 7 days since I've started tracking accurately on SparkPeople.com.... tomorrow I might weigh myself and see how that went.. I'll use my Wii Weight.

Hey Girls; This is a link to the Poll on July Lucky 7's Travel to Canada

Please fill out your preferances..

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f94/poll-lucky-7s-trip-canada-92359/

Okay, I went and did the poll thing and now I forgot what else I was going to say!

Greek yogurt.... I get mine at Wal-Mart... can't remember what they call it, but it starts with a tz--------- and they have cucumber garlic, sun dried Tomato and roasted red pepper. It's good, but CHECK THE EXPIRATION date! I had a problem with that at one Wal-Mart.

We're still at our son's, but things not going well! Flat tire on the car this morning, then security guard kicked us out of the parking lot we were camped out in so we had to move over to Earl's brother's house. Then DS was supposed to be in D.C. until Thurs night and he emailed yesterday and said he was coming home today to switch suitcase, refresh his wardrobe... needed his submarine boots, and he has to fly up to WA state tonight. So... after lunch with DIL, BIL & SIL tomorrow, we're headed north again. We were going to stay until Saturday, but DS doesn't even know if he'll get home for the weekend. Figure if we head up north of SF, we know a place where we can stay that is near the Napa valley wine country. I may persuade DH to check out a couple wineries on Friday.

7_4_33.gif

Hi ladies. Well, as figured, it wasn't the best day. I just seemed to be grazing all day. Jeff had a crisis as lunch but had eaten somewhere else and then the kids had sandwiches...and I just put me on hold....so then when they were sleeping it turned into a little of this a little of that. Peanuts, raisins, cheese sticks, a banana. I was tired...I hurt...I'm upset with Jeff...it all turned me into a chewing machine.

I had a headache before I headed out to walk...made it 3 miles and called it good. Went to the store and bought an imitation crab salad. Just ate about 1/2 of it. I think that will help keep the munchies at bay tonight.

I need to go curl up with my kids and watch something good on tv. I hurt to bad to do anything else. When Michael gets home from confirmation I'm going to crawl in the tub and see if that helps.

I voted on the poll.

Will check in later ladies. have a good night.

Steph - Tired gets me EVERY time. Today was one of those days for me to. Fortunately mine was mitigated by the fact that I needed more food anyway because I ran 15 miles.

So do you like my new signature??? That's right...it would take me running 2 hours (10 miles) to burn off a BigMac Value Meal. That is NUTS!

Candice - I changed colors to get your attention for a minute!! I have a favor to ask. One of the teachers at our school is looking for epals from other countries for her students. It is for a 4 week period of time and I have no idea what the time committment is (though I expect it is minimal) I was wondering if you would be interested so that I could give her your email address. Don't feel bad if you say no because it doesn't effect me at all. I didn't tell her that I might have anyone so she isn't hoping for an answer either. Just PM me with your email addy if you are interested.

Okay...back to normal colors. I need to get thee to the blender and make a protein/berry smoothie and then wait to eat dinner for a half hour. Don't actually know if I will eat dinner. I tend to not be hungry after I run...during the run I am starving!

Hey Everybody,

I'm way behind on post, don't know when I'll get to read them. Mom still in ICU, they still don't know where the infection is coming from. Waiting on biop results from colon. She will not eat. Had bread and vanilla wafers last night on her tray. She wouldn't even put one in her mouth. She lives for bread!! She says they taste horrible. ????

I'm going on the treadmill. TTFN

Denise - what does ttfn mean :rolleyes2: - I am glad you are working out your frustrations on the treadmill and not in the pantry !!! Prayer for your Mom ... Hugs.... Janet

Janet, just talked to Rose. She was off on her days. She'll be at Hera's (?) on the 3rd and 4th. I think that's what she said.

I'm trying to stay away from the junk today. My back is killing me but I know if I get out and walk a bit today I'll be fine. No tough hills today and not as far. 7 was pushing it I think.

Working on 3day stuff so I'm around to check in and out. Have a great day ladies.

Ya Think !!!!! I am coming up there and kick your butt... 3 miles max no hills !!!!

Okay, I went and did the poll thing and now I forgot what else I was going to say!

Greek yogurt.... I get mine at Wal-Mart... can't remember what they call it, but it starts with a tz--------- and they have cucumber garlic, sun dried Tomato and roasted red pepper. It's good, but CHECK THE EXPIRATION date! I had a problem with that at one Wal-Mart.

We're still at our son's, but things not going well! Flat tire on the car this morning, then security guard kicked us out of the parking lot we were camped out in so we had to move over to Earl's brother's house. Then DS was supposed to be in D.C. until Thurs night and he emailed yesterday and said he was coming home today to switch suitcase, refresh his wardrobe... needed his submarine boots, and he has to fly up to WA state tonight. So... after lunch with DIL, BIL & SIL tomorrow, we're headed north again. We were going to stay until Saturday, but DS doesn't even know if he'll get home for the weekend. Figure if we head up north of SF, we know a place where we can stay that is near the Napa valley wine country. I may persuade DH to check out a couple wineries on Friday.

7_4_33.gif

That would be fun (Napa) Sorry you won't get to see DS as much or long as you would like - at least the flat tire was on the car and not the MH...

Hi ladies. Well, as figured, it wasn't the best day. I just seemed to be grazing all day. Jeff had a crisis as lunch but had eaten somewhere else and then the kids had sandwiches...and I just put me on hold....so then when they were sleeping it turned into a little of this a little of that. Peanuts, raisins, cheese sticks, a banana. I was tired...I hurt...I'm upset with Jeff...it all turned me into a chewing machine.

I had a headache before I headed out to walk...made it 3 miles and called it good. Went to the store and bought an imitation crab salad. Just ate about 1/2 of it. I think that will help keep the munchies at bay tonight.

I need to go curl up with my kids and watch something good on tv. I hurt to bad to do anything else. When Michael gets home from confirmation I'm going to crawl in the tub and see if that helps.

I voted on the poll.

Will check in later ladies. have a good night.

I thought Jeff was going out of town?? No more 7 miles do you hear me !!!

Well back from the gym - did leg work out - food for today so far

BF - banana cheerios 3/4 c 100 cal

L- 1 pot wonder 1 cup 250 cal

Snack - 1/2 c mix of strawberries & blackberries 40 cals

1 wasa cracker 30 with 1 tsp of pb - 130 c

So I have about 680 for the rest of the night dinner will be about 310 - so that leaves me 370 for snack :tongue:

popcorn 100 - juice 80 - sf pudding 120 = well theres 300 - so I am going to be good for the day..

Dinner will either be my pork tenderloin or chicken marinated in jerk sauce or I do have a piece of fish in there too - that rice and veggies -

My DS just called they are comming for Mother's Day :tt1:

Steph - Tired gets me EVERY time. Today was one of those days for me to. Fortunately mine was mitigated by the fact that I needed more food anyway because I ran 15 miles.

So do you like my new signature??? That's right...it would take me running 2 hours (10 miles) to burn off a BigMac Value Meal. That is NUTS!

Candice - I changed colors to get your attention for a minute!! I have a favor to ask. One of the teachers at our school is looking for epals from other countries for her students. It is for a 4 week period of time and I have no idea what the time committment is (though I expect it is minimal) I was wondering if you would be interested so that I could give her your email address. Don't feel bad if you say no because it doesn't effect me at all. I didn't tell her that I might have anyone so she isn't hoping for an answer either. Just PM me with your email addy if you are interested.

Okay...back to normal colors. I need to get thee to the blender and make a protein/berry smoothie and then wait to eat dinner for a half hour. Don't actually know if I will eat dinner. I tend to not be hungry after I run...during the run I am starving!

How funny that being tired is a food trigger for all of us...

Ya I know that walking 3 miles on the treadmill only burns like 300 calories - so that 100 cal for each mile - 2 miles 1 candy bar - I rather not eat the candy bar than have to exercise - but know now that if I eat that candy - I HAVE TO EXERCISE

Okay, I am better today. I walked 3 miles... Also today is my first day of soft food, I am a little nervous, here is the plan...baked salmon, sweet potatoe and a little veggie couscous.

I changed my Breakfast to only 1/2 cup skim with my oatmeal, whey powder, SF Syrup. I still hate oatmeal, but I tell myself it is good for me and if keeps me full. Then moved on to SF Jello for snack, Mock lasagna from the mushie recipe (1/2 lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4c low fat mozerella), string chees for a snack before my walk. I feel good, yesterday was a nightmare.

Back from dinner, I had the '1st bite' pain again, waited, and after 5 minutes it quit. Ate about 2 oz of salmon and 1/2 c sweet potatoe, one bite of veggie couscous. Felt full, so I quit. With my before bed time snack, FF fudge bar (50 cals) my gross calories is 948 and net calories 613. So I am still under, but don't want to push it. I am full right now, and a little sore. So if I could only stay this way everyday, things would be great.

Okay, I am better today. I walked 3 miles... Also today is my first day of soft food, I am a little nervous, here is the plan...baked salmon, sweet potatoe and a little veggie couscous.

I changed my Breakfast to only 1/2 cup skim with my oatmeal, whey powder, SF Syrup. I still hate oatmeal, but I tell myself it is good for me and if keeps me full. Then moved on to SF Jello for snack, Mock lasagna from the mushie recipe (1/2 lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4c low fat mozerella), string chees for a snack before my walk. I feel good, yesterday was a nightmare.

Back from dinner, I had the '1st bite' pain again, waited, and after 5 minutes it quit. Ate about 2 oz of salmon and 1/2 c sweet potatoe, one bite of veggie couscous. Felt full, so I quit. With my before bed time snack, FF fudge bar (50 cals) my gross calories is 948 and net calories 613. So I am still under, but don't want to push it. I am full right now, and a little sore. So if I could only stay this way everyday, things would be great.

GREAT JOB!:tongue: I think you made very good food choices today. First bite pain is VERY normal. I still have it. However if you have 2nd bite pain then you should stop. Just don't push it. Things are still healing in there and you will thank yourself for taking things slowly. Your calories are in the perfect range. I was always between about 800-1000 and I felt pretty good about that.

So proud of you!:rolleyes2:

Edited by salsa1877

No more 7 miles do you hear me !!!

Gotta agree with my mommy here!!! Not that I often deviate from her advice. She just seems to be right!!!! I picked a good mommy...Families are so much better when you can pick them yourself! Anyway I digress...Back to scolding you:angry:

I thought the doctor's orders were to walk and then take a day off. After having had major surgery just a few months ago I think my doctor would have had a heart attack if I had walked 7 miles that quickly. You are just going to have to tell your friend that while 7 miles will be doable in a few weeks right now you need to work on building the strenght in your back. Don't give me any lip...I know you are working on your rebuttal right now.:tt1: How do I know this??????? Because I would be doing the SAME THING. :tongue:

You have PLENTY of time to train for the 3day walk. However, if you push it to fast you are actually going to set yourself back. How do I know...been there done that!:rolleyes2:

Sooooo....I know you are trying to lose weight and train and make up for lost time. Guess what....the time is lost, the weight WILL come off and the training takes TIME. If you don't follow the training to the letter you will still be fine. Hell I haven't even come close to following any sort of schedule for my marathon but I WILL finish and so will you if you don't do anything stupid:wub::tt1::wub:!

Love ya!!! And be safe!

Gotta agree with my mommy here!!! Not that I often deviate from her advice. She just seems to be right!!!! I picked a good mommy...Families are so much better when you can pick them yourself! Anyway I digress...Back to scolding you:angry:

I thought the doctor's orders were to walk and then take a day off. After having had major surgery just a few months ago I think my doctor would have had a heart attack if I had walked 7 miles that quickly. You are just going to have to tell your friend that while 7 miles will be doable in a few weeks right now you need to work on building the strenght in your back. Don't give me any lip...I know you are working on your rebuttal right now.:tt1: How do I know this??????? Because I would be doing the SAME THING. :tongue:

You have PLENTY of time to train for the 3day walk. However, if you push it to fast you are actually going to set yourself back. How do I know...been there done that!:rolleyes2:

Sooooo....I know you are trying to lose weight and train and make up for lost time. Guess what....the time is lost, the weight WILL come off and the training takes TIME. If you don't follow the training to the letter you will still be fine. Hell I haven't even come close to following any sort of schedule for my marathon but I WILL finish and so will you if you don't do anything stupid:wub::tt1::wub:!

Love ya!!! And be safe!

You know me way too well!! ROFL. I am honestly pushing myself hard, but I never feel like I've done more than I'm able. It's the next day that kicks my butt. I only did 3 miles tonight and I think I will be feeling much better tomorrow. If not, I won't walk. Charelle won't be able to walk with me until Monday so I'm being left to my own devices.

You're right, the time is lost, the weight is back. I just kick myself for letting it happen. But I have to do this safely. Consider me properly chastised and I'll try to be better! Hugs!!!

Love ya!!! And be safe!

How sweet - but you know what - it's my age !!! I that's one of the benefits of age... Life experience !!!

I agree picking family is so much better - I think there is a saying about that :0)

I changed my breakfast to only 1/2 cup skim with my oatmeal, whey powder, SF Syrup. I still hate oatmeal, but I tell myself it is good for me and if keeps me full. Then moved on to SF Jello for snack, Mock lasagna from the mushie recipe (1/2 lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup marinara, 1/4c low fat mozerella), string chees for a snack before my walk. I feel good, yesterday was a nightmare.

Karla you did great today - keep it up !!!

You know me way too well!! ROFL. I am honestly pushing myself hard, but I never feel like I've done more than I'm able. It's the next day that kicks my butt. I only did 3 miles tonight and I think I will be feeling much better tomorrow. If not, I won't walk. Charelle won't be able to walk with me until Monday so I'm being left to my own devices.

You're right, the time is lost, the weight is back. I just kick myself for letting it happen. But I have to do this safely. Consider me properly chastised and I'll try to be better! Hugs!!!

Darling we are all the same way - we always want to justify our actions - and sometimes there just ism't any justification:)

Hugs -

O.k. I tried to P.M. you but couldn't find the thingy, so I just posted a message by your Profile... I am sure you can find it there.

Also, I don't think I have YOUR email address... could you discretly send it to me too?

Thanks "Peaches"

O.k. I just have to write something here too :thumbup:

good morning ladies. I hope you are having a great Thursday.

My left hamstring is still very very tight today. I'm not sure how I'm going to stretch it out. That is the biggest problem I have. Dr. told me that it would be a problem.

I need to get a LOT of housework done today. I have dishes piled. I have laundry piled. I need a maid!

Okay, have a great day ladies. I'll talk to you all later.

good morning ladies. I hope you are having a great Thursday.

My left hamstring is still very very tight today. I'm not sure how I'm going to stretch it out. That is the biggest problem I have. Dr. told me that it would be a problem.

I need to get a LOT of housework done today. I have dishes piled. I have laundry piled. I need a maid!

Okay, have a great day ladies. I'll talk to you all later.

Poof ! I am sending you a maid!!! All of your very own, and guess what she is FREE....

o.k. now that I havae your attention - Don't be silly ...and do all that stuff all in one fell swoop... you just had back surgery!!!! Probably shouldn't be vacumming - that is the worst!. Are any of the kids old enough to push a vac? You are allowed to dust, do dishes EASY on the laundry... don't overload the baskets o.k.??? tiny loads.

ANd then R E S T

:thumbup: